Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Anyone have any good town flag designs to share?

back in new leaf, a friend made some really nice designs for me but Im not really in contact with him anymore :( Even something simple like the tomato mart logo

Nice to see the AC topic still going! Work has kept me busier than I'd like, but I'm still chugging along. I'm so glad to have a new AC, I like when it's a part of my daily life. The town is built up and the debts are paid off, but that's just where the fun begins for me. It's now about the holidays, the longterm collecting, tweaking the town's layout and design over time... now is where it becomes really relaxing for me!

So I met Flick today, thought she was a pretty cool chick but according to the AC wiki it’s a dude.

Of course I only found that out after I did the fanart
We should petition Nintendo to replace their version with yours! :LOL:

lol. Honestly at this point it would feel weird to have other human characters...but I’ve kind of thought it add that you’re the only human in your village in the first place.

Anyone still going? I've been terrible with playing with people online, but I'm still at it. For my tastes, Animal Crossing is at its best when you're past the intro and into the daily life portion of it. Log in, play for however long you have/feel like that day... catch some fish, check the store, relax.

Unfortunately I have pretty much stopped playing it, especially since going back to work and Deadly Premonition 2 getting released. Got into it more than the 3DS one but it just kinda feels like I don’t have enough time to keep up with everything in the game sadly.

Anyone still going? I've been terrible with playing with people online, but I'm still at it. For my tastes, Animal Crossing is at its best when you're past the intro and into the daily life portion of it. Log in, play for however long you have/feel like that day... catch some fish, check the store, relax.

Man real life has caught up to me lol. I quit playing around 2 months ago. My job got busier with the coronavirus epidemic.

Man real life has caught up to me lol. I quit playing around 2 months ago. My job got busier with the coronavirus epidemic.
Work hit hard here too! I had grand plans to revamp my island, shuffle everything around, get it all nice and fancy, and... yeah, not so much.

Still, I very much enjoy hitting it up for 10-30 minutes every day just to visit, run a few errands, check the store, see the visitors, et cetera.

The last update was disappointing. The fireworks weren't exciting and I hoped the dreams would let you visit random islands but you need a code. I only log in now to get stuff leaving each month since I have all the fossils. Hopefully there's bigger update's on the Horizon (pun intended).

The last update was disappointing. The fireworks weren't exciting and I hoped the dreams would let you visit random islands but you need a code. I only log in now to get stuff leaving each month since I have all the fossils. Hopefully there's bigger update's on the Horizon (pun intended).
Can't argue with that. Lackluster content updates and virtually nothing in terms of quality of life updates. With the right updates and patches, New Horizons could become *the* Animal Crossing game, but we're not quite there yet (especially with incredibly odd decisions like not allowing you to visit random islands via dreams!).

Can't argue with that. Lackluster content updates and virtually nothing in terms of quality of life updates. With the right updates and patches, New Horizons could become *the* Animal Crossing game, but we're not quite there yet (especially with incredibly odd decisions like not allowing you to visit random islands via dreams!).

As great as Nintendo is sometimes they are set in their ways. Fans everywhere will be screaming for Nintendo to do certain things and for the life of me they just won't do it.

As great as Nintendo is sometimes they are set in their ways. Fans everywhere will be screaming for Nintendo to do certain things and for the life of me they just won't do it.
Indeed, and it's so strange! You expect it from bad developers, but Nintendo is possibly the most consistently-amazing dev out there. Yet it's like, you guys could be even better if you just factored in feedback a little more.

They can be almost schizophrenic in their approach sometimes, and New Horizons is a great example of that. For example, in the tailor shop, you can have your purchases directly sent to your home (a great quality of life feature and quite user-friendly), but you can't purchase two shirts at the same time (why is that even a thing?). How can they be both so smooth and yet so clunky?

This fan made video from back in May showed what fans really wanted:

Instead, we got diving (which is okay), fireworks (fun, but essentially just a minor holiday), and a broken Dream Suite. Virtually nothing related to quality of life has been done, and some of those fixes in the video look pretty darn simple.

For what it’s worth I guess at least nothing gets destroyed...maybe because I’ve been watching too many people playing outer wilds and also reading about space stuff but I had a dream my town got sucked into a black hole. Animal crossing event horizons :eek:

The problem with that fan made video of the improvement's people want is that it would ruin the start of the game.

They force you to go slow on purpose so that you can't get everything done in 5 minutes. Having all of those features seems nice but I would have stopped playing a month or two earlier then I already did since everything would be so much easier that I would have rushed to the finish line.

The problem with that fan made video of the improvement's people want is that it would ruin the start of the game.

They force you to go slow on purpose so that you can't get everything done in 5 minutes. Having all of those features seems nice but I would have stopped playing a month or two earlier then I already did since everything would be so much easier that I would have rushed to the finish line.
For my tastes, the UI updates are what I liked most from the video, and I don't think those would really affect the starting experience. Those sorts of improvements might help keep people around longer, but that's just a guess on my part!

So the New Horizons Direct dropped, and it's a doozy! Spoilers! There's really too much to cover, so I'll hit a few high points:

Summary: Brewster with the Roost and summonable animals, Harv's Island will now feature shops for Kix, Katrina, Harriet, Tortimer, et cetera, new villagers, new Amiibo cards, Kappn' returns and brings you to special islands, new hairstyles, reactions, furniture, decorating options, fences, basic farming and cooking, new K.K. Songs, updated camera and design apps, gyroids, and city ordinances.

Somewhat controversially, paid DLC that is essentially Happy Home Designer, with things you can unlock for your main island. It's $25 to buy, or comes with the upgrade Switch plan (along with the N64 and Genesis games).

So the New Horizons Direct dropped, and it's a doozy! Spoilers! There's really too much to cover, so I'll hit a few high points:

Summary: Brewster with the Roost and summonable animals, Harv's Island will now feature shops for Kix, Katrina, Harriet, Tortimer, et cetera, new villagers, new Amiibo cards, Kappn' returns and brings you to special islands, new hairstyles, reactions, furniture, decorating options, fences, basic farming and cooking, new K.K. Songs, updated camera and design apps, gyroids, and city ordinances.

Somewhat controversially, paid DLC that is essentially Happy Home Designer, with things you can unlock for your main island. It's $25 to buy, or comes with the upgrade Switch plan (along with the N64 and Genesis games).

I think I'm gonna start playing again. This might be a bad thing because "one dies not simply play Animal Crossing😅."

@ShinChuck @Stiz And anyone else, today I decided to play Animal Crossing again. None of my residents have moved. When I walked up to them to speak they all gave my the same response: " It's been awhile like 1 year 5 months, where have you been😂." Did I miss out on anything?

Back