Animal Crossing

chaos

Pugmaster
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue 3
Since AC for the switch was just announced not too long ago, I figured I'd make this thread. I've played so much animal crossing over the years. I still turn on New Leaf sometimes to mess with my town, and have hundreds of hours logged.

I also just wanted to make this topic to show off my basement that I put together a long time ago. Shenmue paintings on the wall were done by a friend from another forum a few years ago for me.

HNI_0009.JPGHNI_0010.JPGHNI_0011.JPGHNI_0012.JPGHNI_0013.JPGHNI_0012.JPG

Last edited:
Animal Crossing has always been one of those great games that you can go to if you just want somewhere nice to escape from everything for a couple of hours. I'm really looking forward to the new one on the switch. I know it's probably asking for a lot, but I'd love to have a whole bunch of different jobs you could get in order to pay your mortgage and everything.

I'm glad there's an Animal Crossing thread! I love these games. Your shenmue basement is pretty great too! I love how it's got all the little highlights!

If you wanna see what 841 hours (shut up) worth of time played has gotten me, I put my town back up to visit through the dream thing. I used to have natural dirt paths running through my town but that shit is way too much work to keep up.

Dream address: 5B00-0110-013A

Love Animal Crossing! Put countless of hours into New Leaf. I remember trading with people from the Bell Tree to get full sets of furniture lol.

Can't wait for the Switch version so I can do it all over again!

I'm so excited for the Switch version! I haven't seriously sank my teeth into an Animal Crossing in years, and I'm stoked!

I played a TON on GameCube, even importing the upgraded version from Japan. It was huge in my family as a whole, we even all played on the holidays to get the special stuff. We had to make a second city just so everyone could play! My mom maxed out her bank account and came about as close to finishing up the catalog as we could manage without all the cards and codes.

Unfortunately, I'm not huge on portables, and I was unable to really dig into City Folk because of my situation at the time, so I've been dying for a new home console release for a long, long time!

Last edited:
lol I tried to get my mom to play AC on the gamecube way back when. She made a house, did the first chores and stopped.

oh well.

It's a shame you didn't get to play New Leaf, cuz it's the best one so far imo. I still have a ton of nostalgia for the original and wild world though. I couldn't get into city folk, cuz it seemed like basically the same game as wild world.

It's a shame you didn't get to play New Leaf, cuz it's the best one so far imo. I still have a ton of nostalgia for the original and wild world though. I couldn't get into city folk, cuz it seemed like basically the same game as wild world.

I made a bit of a tactical error with New Leaf! I figured since Wild World was tweaked and put on the Wii as City Folk that New Leaf would be upgraded and put on the Wii U. Not so much. Even better, I have a copy of New Leaf, but no 3DS to play it on. :sob:

I made a bit of a tactical error with New Leaf! I figured since Wild World was tweaked and put on the Wii as City Folk that New Leaf would be upgraded and put on the Wii U. Not so much. Even better, I have a copy of New Leaf, but no 3DS to play it on. :sob:
Damn. I guess at this point it's not really worth buying a 3DS just for New Leaf, unless AC Switch is like 2 years away or something lol.

I can't wait to see what new they add to the new game.

I'm mostly hoping for full customization of the town. The BIGGEST frustration with new leaf is a villager moving in on a path or a big ass pile of hybrid flowers. We should be able to pick plots that villagers can move to.

Need the ability to ban favorite villagers from moving out. I lost so many favorite villagers because I hadn't played for a couple days.

Ban all time traveling somehow. (Come at me filthy time travelers.)
Expand the online with more mini games. The island in New Leaf was upgraded in a fun way where you could play these little mini-games with friends or just random people.

God I have an endless list of stuff I want added. Please Nintendo, give me something to play for the next 5 years.

God I have an endless list of stuff I want added. Please Nintendo, give me something to play for the next 5 years.

I really, really want another console AC that I can spend several years on. I'm almost tempted to fire up my GameCube and play my old save instead of investing in New Leaf just for the new one to push it aside.

Despite missing out on the last few titles, I hold AC in pretty high regard. It doesn't top Shenmue, but it's definitely a Top 10 series for me!

Back