Anime.

I don't know if it the same for you as it was for me, but I also couldn't get into ether of them at first too.

With Cowboy Bebop I watched the first two episodes and kinda got bored, years later I decided to give it a try again, watched the first four episodes and almost gave up again but kept on watching anyway and surprise, around episode 6 it actually became really good and kept on getting better, with Ed appearing later and Ein and Faye. Not gonna spoiler anything.. It really became an awesome series. Maybe if you are like me you can also give it a try.

With Gundam I thought series were ok but nothing special, I only watched Gundam(1979), Gundam Z and Gundam Victory.

But OVAs are different, I really, really enjoyed them.

What I watched:

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket​

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory​

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team​

Try these, If I'm not mistaken you don't even really need to know anything about Gundam in order to watch these, besides that there are two sides fighting, I believe anyone can just jump in without any prior knowledge.
Yeah I got bored watching cowboy bebop on cartoon network many years ago probably when it first aired stateside. I got around episode 4 and stopped friends kept on watching and adored them. I'll probably go back sometime soon and see if my opinion when I was younger still rings true. I can't remember which Gundam it was probably whatever was airing on TV back in the day. Thanks for the recommendation!

I am honored that you consider my pathetic opinion worthy of consideration. Since Izumi is more of an anime expert than I'll ever be, I will only provide one recommendation. The anime I will recommend is Jun Maeda's Clannad anime. Much like Anohana, it is a very heavy drama that focuses on relationships with some fantasy elements thrown in for good measure.

@BloodyHeartland Since you seem to enjoy ecchi-type anime, I would recommend you try out the 1985 Dirty Pair television series.

@9dragons

Once again thank you so much for the recommendation! I've heard so many people talk about Clannad over the years and about how it broke them in the end etc so I'll definitely be watching it! Thank you once again

Last edited:
Your welcomed. Sorry to pile on but I'll stop after this set if it's getting too much. I've Just noticed that Bloom into you is one of your fav and it's a non-traditional anime in a sense. These are similar under-appreciated niche gems in tone/quality/genre if you want more of that stuff.

Whispered Words

Candy Boy

Morning Glories

Liz and the Blue bird

Blue Flowers

Once again thank you so much for the awesome recommendations! I don't mind you recommending me anime at all. I'm like a goldfish swimming up to the surface and looking around at all the different anime after being under water for so long lol.

Bloom Into You is definitely high on my list of just great animes. It's just a sweet teenage tale about love and also self-realization. Some other ones that I adore are Erased, Future Diary, and Death Note I don't know if I mentioned those or not if I have My apologies. My absolute favorite though and idk if I said it before is Your Lie In April that is not only my favorite anime but one of my favorite all-time shows it's timeless to me.

I'm so looking forward to checking these out once again thank you so much for these!

Last edited:
What is your one fav title/scene from each one of your top 10 studios that you'd regard as a highlight showcase?
I). Seven Arcs - Looking at their catalog, turns out there is only one series I have any interest in and that would be the Lyrical Nanoha Science-Fantasy series.

II). Sunrise - This would be a two-way tie between Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans.

III). Kyoto Animation - Much like Seven Arcs, the only title in their library of work I have enjoyed would be Clannad.

IV). Gainax - Hands down my favorite series would be the legendary Neon Genesis Evangelion anime.

A close second would be Gunbuster

V). Wit Studio - Ironically, I have only liked one of their works so far. While I enjoyed the first half of Attack on Titan, my interest petered out halfway through the series. So this one will go to Vinland Saga.

VI). MAPPA - Dororo 2019 would be my favorite title from them. I am also looking forward to Chainsaw Man and I will eventually get around to watching Yasuke.

VII). Bones - As I said before, Sword of the Stranger has in my opinion, has the best sword battle I have ever seen in anime.

A close second would be any fight scene in Cowboy Bebop due to the fluid animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vEeQ-vGrgY

The third would be the first season of Darker than Black.

darker-than-black-1095.jpg

VIII). Studio Ghibli - While La Puta: Castle in the Sky is my favorite movie from them, I can never forget this moment from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

On a side note, while Ponyo is not my favorite film, I have to give Miyazaki credit for using cell animation instead of CGI. Especially nowadays when just about every anime uses CGI. It gives the movie a more natural charm.

IX). Madhouse - Several different titles could fit here. First, there is Kurozuka.

The second would be Death Note

The Third would be Gungrave

The Fourth would be the Record of Lodoss War

Fifth would be Jubei Ninpuchou otherwise known as "Ninja Scroll"

Sixth would be Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Seventh would be Casshern Sins

casshern-sins_00312248.jpg

Eighth would be Shiguri

shigurui-death-frenzy-1447.jpg

Ninth would be No Guns Life

no-guns-life-13078.jpg

Tenth is Texhnolyze

4988102326227_b.jpg

The eleventh would be Midnight Eye Goku

Honorable mentions go out to Spirit Warrior, Demon City Shinjuku, Teito Monogatari, and Bio Hunter.

IX). Studio Trigger - Ironically, the only thing I have interest in from them is Ninja Slayer.

X). UFOTable - Too many scenes to count. So for the sake of brevity, I will only provide three.

The first will be from Fate/Zero

The second is a trailer from Kimetsu no Yaiba: Demon Slayer

Finally, Tales of Zesteria X or Cross trailer

XI). SHAFT - Honestly, I have only enjoyed one anime from this studio Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I think that is all of them.

Last edited:
I absolutely love anime iys literally all I watch.

One Piece (My fav)
Baki the Grappler
Claymore
Berserk
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
Fist of the North Star
Yu gi oh
Digimon
Ninja Scroll
Fighting Spirit
Samurai 7
Black Lagoon
Hellsing
Attack on Titans
Speed Grapher
Basilisk
Street Fighter Animated Movie
Samurai Champloo

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

I absolutely love anime iys literally all I watch.

One Piece (My fav)
Baki the Grappler
Claymore
Berserk
Naruto
Full Metal Alchemist
Fist of the North Star
Yu gi oh
Digimon
Ninja Scroll
Fighting Spirit
Samurai 7
Black Lagoon
Hellsing
Attack on Titans
Speed Grapher
Basilisk
Street Fighter Animated Movie
Samurai Champloo

Those are the ones I can think of at the moment.
Awesome series. If you ever want any recc, just leave your pref genre here and ask. :D

I). Seven Arcs - Looking at their catalog, turns out there is only one series I have any interest in and that would be the Lyrical Nanoha Science-Fantasy series.

II). Sunrise - This would be a two-way tie between Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam and Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans.

III). Kyoto Animation - Much like Seven Arcs, the only title in their library of work I have enjoyed would be Clannad.

IV). Gainax - Hands down my favorite series would be the legendary Neon Genesis Evangelion anime.

A close second would be Gunbuster

V). Wit Studio - Ironically, I have only liked one of their works so far. While I enjoyed the first half of Attack on Titan, my interest petered out halfway through the series. So this one will go to Vinland Saga.

VI). MAPPA - Dororo 2019 would be my favorite title from them. I am also looking forward to Chainsaw Man and I will eventually get around to watching Yasuke.

VII). Bones - As I said before, Sword of the Stranger has in my opinion, has the best sword battle I have ever seen in anime.

A close second would be any fight scene in Cowboy Bebop due to the fluid animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vEeQ-vGrgY

The third would be the first season of Darker than Black.

View attachment 11613

VIII). Studio Ghibli - While La Puta: Castle in the Sky is my favorite movie from them, I can never forget this moment from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

On a side note, while Ponyo is not my favorite film, I have to give Miyazaki credit for using cell animation instead of CGI. Especially nowadays when just about every anime uses CGI. It gives the movie a more natural charm.

IX). Madhouse - Several different titles could fit here. First, there is Kurozuka.

The second would be Death Note

The Third would be Gungrave

The Fourth would be the Record of Lodoss War

Fifth would be Jubei Ninpuchou otherwise known as "Ninja Scroll"

Sixth would be Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Seventh would be Casshern Sins

View attachment 11614

Eighth would be Shiguri

View attachment 11615

Ninth would be No Guns Life

View attachment 11616

Tenth is Texhnolyze

View attachment 11617

The eleventh would be Midnight Eye Goku

Honorable mentions go out to Spirit Warrior, Demon City Shinjuku, Teito Monogatari, and Bio Hunter.

IX). Studio Trigger - Ironically, the only thing I have interest in from them is Ninja Slayer.

X). UFOTable - Too many scenes to count. So for the sake of brevity, I will only provide three.

The first will be from Fate/Zero

The second is a trailer from Kimetsu no Yaiba: Demon Slayer

Finally, Tales of Zesteria X or Cross trailer

XI). SHAFT - Honestly, I have only enjoyed one anime from this studio Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I think that is all of them.
To return the favor,

I'll just nominate one of my fav show/scenes from my top 10.

1.)

Kyo-ani's attention to details is an art-house masterpiece and made it interesting to learn about a fav past-time sport in Japan.

2.)

Sunrise's dance choreography, lighting, animation, & cinematography here is top-notch. A singing/dancing tournament themed hyped moment done rite with quality.

3.)

Wit-Studio's most underrated show. Ball-room dancing animation has never been given this much details, with a tight story, and the palate each character brings to the table is diverse. A lovable cast.

4.)

As former Ghibli staffers and tutelage under Hayao Miyazaki, Colorado's keeping the spirit and quality alive. This anime has all the charms and good vibes of SOL Ghibli masterpieces.

5.)

UFO table at its best for me. The Heaven Feel's trilogy is a must watch.

6.)

A gag anime has no rep being this good. But ofc, Bones delivers on all the emotional beats

.7.)

A legendary studio, any pick is a guaranteed win, but I just have a personal soft spot for this one from Ghibli.

8.)

Satoshi Kon's(R.I.P.) most out of left field works and I love every bit of it. A cast of Hobo's raising a lost baby? A unique concept theme and unmatched even to this day.

9.)

I love all of Makoto Shinkai's works, but peak Comix waves still remains for me this one.

10.)

This oozes old school gainex. I hope trigger continue to build upon this style(Super robo) more than the Eva style they tried with darling in the Franxx.

I haven’t caught up on everything suggested to me yet but I watched Asura and thought it was good overall, come to think of it I figure too much of it is similar to stuff in Sekiro for it to be coincidental.

About 7 episodes into Dirty Pair and I love it..well maybe love is a bit strong but it’s a lot better than I initially expected and I can’t say there’s much I find bad about it. Hoping it can stay that way through the rest of the series.

This season, I'm watching:
Fruits Basket The Final
SSSS.Dynazenon
Tokyo Revengers (plan on seeing the live action when it comes out)
The new My Hero Academia
Eight-Six
Dragon Quest Dai no Bouken (the remake)
Megalobox season 2
Cestvs

I plan on seeing the new Gundam Hathaway's Flash and Space Battleship Yamato movies when they premiere.

As for old school, I'm watching Captain Harlock for now.

Just finished Haibane Renmei.

I must say, this is really something. I've never seen anything like this before. Definitely in the top of my anime list.

I don't think any description or trailer would be good enough to truly describe what it is about and might even spoiler it otherwise.

This season, I'm watching:
Fruits Basket The Final
SSSS.Dynazenon
Tokyo Revengers (plan on seeing the live action when it comes out)
The new My Hero Academia
Eight-Six
Dragon Quest Dai no Bouken (the remake)
Megalobox season 2
Cestvs

I plan on seeing the new Gundam Hathaway's Flash and Space Battleship Yamato movies when they premiere.

As for old school, I'm watching Captain Harlock for now.
Have you've also seen the Ashita no Joe series which Megalobox is a spiritual homage throwback?

Well yeah I usually just say things that way coming from my perspective always watching things late lol. Like how I’d say this Dirty Pair thing reminds me a little of Cowboy Bebop or something.

Speaking of, I decided to do some fanart last night.

View attachment 11647

Nice, what other anime fan art have you done? I'm curios.:p

Thanks y’all!

Really hard to pick a favorite…I like how crazy the first two parts were, and still find the pillar men to be the most interesting villains at least as far as powers go.

Stardust Crusaders I feel was just way too long, especially with the new sort of really episodic format. I liked the characters and all just fine, especially Polnaref, it just really dragged on to me unfortunately.

Diamond is Unbreakable was a bit of a surprise to me, what with the extreme change in mood and color, but I think it fit pretty well with the sorta murder mystery plot. The one thing that I find hard to look at in a good way was somehow they were able to forgive near every character when many seemed just as bad as Kira. But it’s whatever now.

I feel part 5 has struck a pretty good balance between each of the last, and actually made me really care about some characters’ deaths. So far I might say it’s my favorite just because it’s the latest but it seems they just keep improving on different aspects.

Edit: in case I misinterpreted, I think Joseph is my favorite overall, and Josuke’s not bad either. Excited to see what Jolyne is like.

Thanks y’all!

Really hard to pick a favorite…I like how crazy the first two parts were, and still find the pillar men to be the most interesting villains at least as far as powers go.

Stardust Crusaders I feel was just way too long, especially with the new sort of really episodic format. I liked the characters and all just fine, especially Polnaref, it just really dragged on to me unfortunately.

Diamond is Unbreakable was a bit of a surprise to me, what with the extreme change in mood and color, but I think it fit pretty well with the sorta murder mystery plot. The one thing that I find hard to look at in a good way was somehow they were able to forgive near every character when many seemed just as bad as Kira. But it’s whatever now.

I feel part 5 has struck a pretty good balance between each of the last, and actually made me really care about some characters’ deaths. So far I might say it’s my favorite just because it’s the latest but it seems they just keep improving on different aspects.

Edit: in case I misinterpreted, I think Joseph is my favorite overall, and Josuke’s not bad either. Excited to see what Jolyne is like.
Similar boat. I know stands is prolly the staple going forward due to diverse pool of creativity, but the Hamoan CQC stuff(Pre-stands) was pretty lit for me. Wish we'll see more of that stuff.

Back