Anime.

Just recently watched the first 12 episodes of Jojo Stone Ocean. I read the manga years ago, but love how the anime has executed it. I never heard of "Distant Dreamer" by Duffy until I saw this show. While most Jojo ending themes with its imagery tend to be trippy, this one doesn't do it but shows an ocean instead. Of course, manga fans who are intimately familiar with the story can understand why the imagery and the song are a PERFECT fit.

I've also been watching some anime I have been meaning to watch for YEARS such as Monster (already read the manga though), Zipang, and Tiger & Bunny.

I kinda want to wait until Netflix has all the episodes to watch so I can binge it in one month but it seems it may take a while…but there are some other anime’s I can probably find for free for now. I did recently but Lucky Star despite having already watched it all. Kind of a sucker when Amazon tells me there’s only so much stock left.

It depends on the anime for me. If I am familiar with the manga, I can watch it episode by episode. If I'm not (like I am with Demon Slayer), I prefer binging

Man the Crunchyroll PS4 app is straight up garbage it is unwatchable due to it's constant stuttering and freezing. Not to mention whether the video player will actually play or come back with a error. It is beyond infuriating

Last edited:
@Jesse that is true. I have no problem with stuttering but the navigation is indeed horrible. I prefer using the app on my ps5 or on pc.

@Jesse that is true. I have no problem with stuttering but the navigation is indeed horrible. I prefer using the app on my ps5 or on pc.
I got excited because of the news of Funimation being absorbed into CrunchyRoll today. So I decided to do a 14 day free trial. I was looking forward to diving into the anime mentioned on here and the app is just bad.

To get the video player to work and not show a black screen and say error I had to view the terms and services page no joke. The videos are constantly freezing or stuttering if not outright crashing. I did everything the site said and still it wasn't any help. It's not my internet because every other app and streaming service works like a dream. Also the mobile app works great. Just disappointed I'll probably cancel it and wait til I get a Smart TV or a PS5 whenever I can find one.

Finally watched season 2 of Demon Slayer. I really enjoyed it. I want to read the manga, but I also don't want to spoil myself.

I'm also finally getting around to watching Jujutsu Kaisen. I'm five episodes in and it's okay, not as great as people are hyping it out to be.

I'll probably watch the latest episode of Attack on Titan on my train ride to work today.

I have not watched a single anime after the Shenmue series ended but since last weekend the anime bug has bitten me again. I know wacht some animes in a genre I have not been particularly into until recently. The weird romantic ecchi/romance genre. But somehow I really enjoy girlfriend girlfriend and rental girlfriend now. :unsure:
:crying:

Last edited:
So, being so entranced by Claris' voice from Sakura Wars, I was randomly watching a video of her top whatever number of performances, and in this particular list's number one spot was an anime I had never heard of called My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. After some reading, I figured I'd give it a try, and finished all three seasons in three days. Absolutely fantastic! Did not want it to end. On the surface, it looks like a stereotypical high school romance, but there is so much more.

So far I have watched the following anime in their entirety, the SEGA ones based obviously after loving their game counterparts first.

Sakura Wars
Valkyria Chronicles
Shenmue
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hunter x Hunter
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

I have not watched a single anime after the Shenmue series ended but since last weekend the anime bug has bitten me again. I know wacht some animes in a genre I have not been particularly into until recently. The weird romantic ecchi/romance genre. But somehow I really enjoy girlfriend and rental girlfriend now. :unsure:
:crying:
Want to see some more in the genre?

Try these classics:

1.) Love Hina

2.) Ah my goddess

3.) Tenchi

-----------------------

If you want something more recent/ up to date here's a few:

1.) Date a Live(fantasy blend)

2.) Monogatari series(mystery blend)

3.) Nisekoi(romcom-SOL)

So, being so entranced by Claris' voice from Sakura Wars, I was randomly watching a video of her top whatever number of performances, and in this particular list's number one spot was an anime I had never heard of called My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU. After some reading, I figured I'd give it a try, and finished all three seasons in three days. Absolutely fantastic! Did not want it to end. On the surface, it looks like a stereotypical high school romance, but there is so much more.

So far I have watched the following anime in their entirety, the SEGA ones based obviously after loving their game counterparts first.

Sakura Wars
Valkyria Chronicles
Shenmue
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hunter x Hunter
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Similar vein shows to SNAFU's tone/style if you're interested to try:

1.) Haruhi

2.) Rascal does not dream of dreaming girls...

3.) After the rain

4.) How to raise a boring girlfriend

--------------------

if you want more specific types of themes I can also try reccing some other shows too.

@高野和泉 Thanks a lot for recommendations. Yes I interrested in seeing more Anime of that genre. it could become gultiy pleasure for me.

speaking of the Sakura Wars Anime. Would you recommend both animes. The one based on Shin Sakura Taisen and also the old ones based on the Saturn Games?

I am fan of the franchise but have not watched the anime yet.

@高野和泉 Thanks a lot for recommendations. Yes I interrested in seeing more Anime of that genre. it could become gultiy pleasure for me.

speaking of the Sakura Wars Anime. Would you recommend both animes. The one based on Shin Sakura Taisen and also the old ones based on the Saturn Games?

I am fan of the franchise but have not watched the anime yet.
yes, if you've played the new game then the anime is a sort of direct sequel covering some original events after the game's ending. The older ones willl def help you appreciate the older games more as it has expanded background story/events to help flesh out the games.

Thanks for the info. Sounds really cool. I am always curious to learn more about the characters. I will check the anime out soon.

The villain is incredibly annoying in the new Sakura Wars anime, but there are some great character moments, and everything else feels really genuine.

Just to give a update the latest patch for the ps4 version of Crunchyroll has fixed the video player for me. It works flawlessly so who wants to recommend me some anime to watch lol. I know many people have before and I had them saved on my watchlist but the update wiped them out :/.

For reference my favorite anime and one of my all-time favorite shows in general is Your Lie In April.

Other anime I've really enjoyed are Future Diary, Bloom Into You, Inuyasha (it was the first one I dug into. I've told the stories of watching it on Adult Swim when I was younger and ordering subbed DVDs of seasons that haven't even came out here yet. Good times lol), Erased.

Back