Anime.

Presently watching Netflix's Spriggan. I saw the 1998 movie way back in high school and have no memories of it lol. I also watched season 2 of GITS SAC 2045....and it's still fucking awful....

Now watching the new Bastard on Netflix. It's pretty rad. I remember the 90s OVA with a terrible fucked up dub, but I haven't seen that in 25 years. Now I need to read the manga again.

I just got done watching Akudama Drive what a truly great show. I figured it would be good given it was created by the Danganronpa creator but wow it exceeded my expectations. It also helps that I went into the show completely blind. the Swindler is absolutely my favorite character of the year
Who knew a show about everyone dying during it's run would be so thrilling.

Last edited:
Watching the newest batch of Jojo Stone Ocean. I am glad I haven't read the manga in 10 years because I have forgotten a large majority of it so watching it in anime form does feel refreshing.

Just recently watched Gundam Cucuruz Doan's Island. It is inspired by episode 15 of the OG Gundam series that Tomino pesonally didn't like. But I'm glad this movie gives that episode the justice it deserves.

Now, I'm watching two fucked up anime: Chainsaw Man and Eminence in the Shadow

The anime of Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai is over and it has been absolutely fantastic in all aspects, really recommended to everyone!

Just watched the last batch of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stone Ocean and it was awesome. Though I already read the manga, the way the anime presented it was as if I was experiencing it the first time. Plus, the opening was done in a very clever manner and manga fans are likely to appreciate it.

Chainsaw Man is enjoyable, but by no means the most innovative anime ever made. Eminence in the Shadow is okay, but glad it's not using trendy RPG tropes you see in Isekai anime these days

Just watched the last batch of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Stone Ocean and it was awesome. Though I already read the manga, the way the anime presented it was as if I was experiencing it the first time. Plus, the opening was done in a very clever manner and manga fans are likely to appreciate it.

Chainsaw Man is enjoyable, but by no means the most innovative anime ever made. Eminence in the Shadow is okay, but glad it's not using trendy RPG tropes you see in Isekai anime these days
I have Chainsaw Man on my list but haven't gotten around to it yet. I liked the first season of Sword Art Online but haven't gotten around to any of the other ones. I don't know why but for some reason I just can't get into people trapped in video games settings anime even though friends recommend them quite often.

A anime I enjoyed way more than I thought I would is Akudama Drive that show was quite surprising in a great way.

Yeah, isekai anime tend to be so damn trendy and repeat the same tropes. Magic Knight Rayearth knew how to do the RPG tropes without throwing it in your face with points, etc. It knew how to do it organically.

Chainsaw Man is mostly style over substance, but I mean that in a good way.

MKR is still one of the best anime I've ever watched and I loved it to death (helps that the game on the Saturn was phenomenal as well).

I'm not into Magical Girl anime either, so it's definitely a good one.

Jojo Bizarre Adventure has been a incredible series and I like every entry except Stone Ocean. Jolyne Cujo and many of the characters were great but the story and the final showdown with Father Pucci was just confusing and bad. Just couldn't wrap my head around what was going on.

What I'm now watching this season:

My Hero Academia Season 6
Vinland Saga Season 2
Trigun Stampede
Tokyo Revengers Season 2
Revenger
Eminence in the Shadow

Just finished
Gundam Witch from Mercury Season 1 (Gundam is meant to be 45-50 episodes. Not this 12 episode per season bullshit)
Spy X Family Season 1 Part 2 (It is getting a bit more episodic, but does find its focus in more ways than one)
Chainsaw Man (I say let the manga last a little longer, and then make a new season taht's like 24 episodes)

I just finished More than a married couple but not lovers. I enjoyed it quite a lot actually. I hated the first episode mainly because of the annoying fan service stuff and the loathsome group of side characters.

I'm glad I continued on though because there are some absolutely cute little moments between Akari and Jiro and they have great chemistry together. The anime apparently was in the top 20 when it aired last year on Crunchyroll and according to people online the manga is wrapping up at any point now. the anime ends at the midway point, so hopefully a season 2 is announced soon.

Granted the shows I've watched and enjoyed thoroughly haven't gotten a season two yet such as Bloom Into You and Adachi to Shimamura but I'm hoping More than a married couple has better luck lol cause I would definitely like to see more of it and how Akari and Jiros relationship blossoms.

Last edited:
Presently watching the following:

Rurouni Kenshin (2023): The music is weak compared to the original, the voice acting is weak, the action is okay. The style gets the original manga down, but how the manga over relies on outlining doesn't really transition to anime well. I say the anime should've brought back the original voice cast, composer, and just animate the jinchu arc instead.

Kengan Ashura: Fucking bad ass. Can't wait to see more.

Baki: So glad they did Pickle and Baki's rematch with Yujiro.

Helck: It's okay. So glad to see a fantasy that isn't isekai for once.

Hypnosis Mic Season 2: It's a bit slow compared to season 1, but is starting to pick up.

Firefighter Daigo: Didn't know that this was a sequel to a series from the 90s, but I'm glad that having to watch the original isn't conditional in enjoying this one.

MF Ghost: Sequel to Initial D. I wonder when Sega will make the arcade series to this. This time, the series takes place in southern Kanagawa, not too far from where I live.

OG Urusei Yatsura: It has its moments, but it is what got Takahashi started.

Maison Ikkoku: Would you like to know that the voice of Chai from the Japanese version of Shenmue voices Godai, the main character?

Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2: Is the present arc why Shibuya isn't allowing Halloween this year?

Pluto: Just finished episode 1. Urasawa is more of a manga guy, but his works transition so well for anime.

I am also watching Rurouni Kenshin now and I love it. It was way superior to the original Anime which I have also found way too childish.

But my relationship with the franchise is weird. I have never read the Manga. My first contact with the franchise was the sublime OVA Trust and Betrayal. So I was very disappointed about the original series which was pure comedy and had nothing in common with the OVA.

The new series still manages to have some comedy sketches but it still feels more serious than the original.

I really need to check out the manga at some point to see which adaption is closer to the Original. I prefer the more serious tone akin to the OVA the new series has but it is possible that the original series is more close the Manga.

Back