Any plans for Shenhua clothing mods in Shenmue III?

I've noticed a lot of people are like me, and really dislike Shenhua's default costume in Shenmue III, with the main reason being it's kinda dull, and breaks immersion and continuity from what she wears at the end of Shenmue 2.

So I was just wondering / have a request: if any modders could please make a clothing mod for Shenhua, that's similar to her outfit from Shenmue 2. Or any clothing mods for her in general, would be most appreciated.

Sorry for the bump, but i really need to know: is there really no one trying to make an og Shenhua outfit mod?

I accepted her wearing that new all-yellow dress, even though i'll never understand why they had to do change this detail over everything else.
But i always thought: no big deal, mods will fix this, and sooner or later we'll get it as a dlc for sure anyway.

But apparently no one's trying to make this kind of mod, neither officially nor on a fan level, and this is kind of depressing considering how many mods the Re3 Remake demo got in like two days or less. And it wasn't even the complete game!
I know that the Shenmue fanbase is super tiny in comparison, but damn... it hurts.

I want to make clear that i'm not complaining about people not doing stuff, or demanding anything at all, i'm just asking and reflecting about this situation.

I think you're overlooking the fact that nobody in the community really makes mods other than myself anymore (not trying to sound big headed at all by mentioning this), but without going too into detail about stuff, I already have a lot which I'm working on pretty much every day, for a considerable chunk of my time. I'll be honest I've had some really negative people send messages my way, and despite those, I still try to look past them and do whatever it is I'm working on anyways.

With that being said, if you outline exactly what you'd like, I could definitely look into it. I'm no artist, so preferably having the replacement actual dress textures ready to go would probably be the quickest way for me to provide you with a mod package for it. If you just want a more S1/S2 Shenhua dress in Shenmue III, then I guess I could probably do that myself by up-rezzing the original textures and then using some Photoshop magic to place that over the Shenmue III dress, but I'm not sure if this is something you want.

Just an extra side note, even though I just said I have a lot on my plate right now.. my DMs are always open and I'm pretty active in the SRE discord should that be easier.

EDIT: Started a mod requests thread for Shenmue III, https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-requests-for-shenmue-iii.3061/ feel free to start up a conversation in there about it.

Last edited:
I like the new outfits of Shenhua, the yellow outfit and the green outfit but i love the old outfit too. I don't understand why Shenhua is not wearing her old outfit in Shenmue III on the cave part, i understand that Yu-san wanted to make a different outfit this time, but in my opinion in the cave part should have been with Shenhua in the old outfit, then later in her house she could have change her clothes.

I will be really grateful if someone make this mod of the old outfit. :giggle: In the old Shenmue calendar Shenhua has amazing outfits, i would definitely buy a dlc with all these clothes for Shenhua but I don't think it will happen. :( It will be really nice to have more outfits for Shenhua.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying. All I really wanted was an outfit that was more like the dress she wore in 2. E.g.:

Phantom River Stone's Interview with Yu Suzuki on Shenmue 3 ...

So basically, all I would like is for the yellow part around her waist to be elongated to her ankles, like a dress. I'd like a scarf added, and for the scarf and arms to be around the same colour/texture as the trousers.

I've beaten the game a while ago, so it's not important anymore, for me. If it's too much work or whatever, don't bother.

I remember that nude patch for Tomb Raider, I think it was number 3.

A nude patch patch for Shenhua would be kind of fun. :D

I remember that nude patch for Tomb Raider, I think it was number 3.

A nude patch patch for Shenhua would be kind of fun. :D
SHE IS SIXTEEN BRO!! :ROFLMAO:

Didn't the early builds had models with actual breasts in the files ? I think it was censored (remove the nipples) in a patch.

Just to be clear on this before anybody thinks it's ok to go ahead:
Anything to do with the creation of a Shenhua nude patch will not be tolerated on these boards. Go somewhere else for that.

Back