Anybody else eager to play the FFVII remake?

I bought a ps4 for two primary reasons only: Shenmue 3 and FFVII remake series. I am hoping the latter will be as glorious as it appears

I'm looking forward to it but admittedly kind of irked that it'll just be the Midgar portion of the storyline. Apparently there'll be a lot more to do so my hype level is still there but not as strong if I had known I was going to get the complete journey versus it being split into installments now.

I've never played FFVII myself (though I have the Switch port). But yeah, I'll definitely be giving the PS4 remake a try. Will probably do a run of the original around the same time so I can compare it to the remake.

Not to be a contrarian, but **** FFVII.

Overrated, borderline POS game (and franchise, for that matter), another case of, "it was on Ninty first so everything else will be less-exposed as a result!"

On a personal level, I dislike it as well because it turned me off RPGs (aside from Pokingman on the GB) for about 12 years, because my uninformed friends were all, "All RPGs are like FFVII!"

How ignorant I was...

It looks kinda neat but ultimately I’m not interested in supporting this kind of practice. Changing the gameplay is one thing, but splitting it into its own sort of subseries screams to me that there will be a lot of filler, never mind just milking money off as many sequels as they can. There are those who think the others will come faster, but I think it’s naive to think they won’t rebuild assets from scratch with next gen on the way and still wanting to keep up with the highest production values.

With all that in mind, I have yet to finish the original game. I’ve had more of an interest in IV, V, VI, IX, and X, for the most part, but maybe someday I’ll get around to it.

Beat FFVII the FF that turned me off on the past was VIII and I ignored IX but will recently decide to play it!

I enjoyed the original installment. I feel it is long overdue and can’t wait to play it...however, I’d rather have remakes to IV, V, and VI

I am definitely excited for it, as the original not only made me a Final Fantasy fan (as I went back and played the other Final Fantasy games in the series), but a fan of role-playing games in general. Already got the game on pre-order.

It looks kinda neat but ultimately I’m not interested in supporting this kind of practice. Changing the gameplay is one thing, but splitting it into its own sort of subseries screams to me that there will be a lot of filler, never mind just milking money off as many sequels as they can. There are those who think the others will come faster, but I think it’s naive to think they won’t rebuild assets from scratch with next gen on the way and still wanting to keep up with the highest production values.

With all that in mind, I have yet to finish the original game. I’ve had more of an interest in IV, V, VI, IX, and X, for the most part, but maybe someday I’ll get around to it.
This is sort of where I'm at too. Looks kind of cool, but I'm not thrilled by the piece-meal approach when I've already completed the original in its entirety I also miss Tifa's big honkers. Maybe I'll pick it up in like 20 years when all the parts are bundled together at a cheap price, idk.

Back