Anyone else can't beat Hang-On?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
I SUCK and can not finish this game. The closest I got was 1 second away from the final checkpoint. 1 second!! Haven't come near that close since and I've played it a LOT.
To do that, I had to use a Turbo controller with "Slow" feature to spam the pause button (Dreamcast).

You don't suck at it... if you got that close, you're quite good at it. It's just that Hang-On is brutally difficult.

You don't suck at it... if you got that close, you're quite good at it. It's just that Hang-On is brutally difficult.

I had to use a "slow" button on a controller though. I could never do it legit, way too fast, my reflexes just aren't that good.

Oh, I see. Well in stage 4, part of the scenery passing by are the letters from the title screen that spell out HANG ON. If you hit the G, you'll crash but it will add about 20 seconds to the timer.

If it's any consolation, I also haven't beaten it. I haven't played it as much as Space Harrier and Outrun, but I haven't beaten those either...

Oh, I see. Well in stage 4, part of the scenery passing by are the letters from the title screen that spell out HANG ON. If you hit the G, you'll crash but it will add about 20 seconds to the timer.
For real!? I have to try that.

I've tried that so many times, always miss by one letter or smth.

I've tried that so many times, always miss by one letter or smth.
Slow down a little bit earlier. It does not matter If it takes 5-10 seconds cause you will get 20. I did like that and finished the game in Shenmue 1 and 2.

Nope you aren't the only one. It's a brutal game that was made to eat quarters like a lot of other games of that time.

Back