Anyone have a save file from before forklift job?

Hello, please does anyone have a Dreamcast save of Shenmue 1 from just before the point where you get the forklifting job and the game stupidly forces you to finish the game within 6 or so in-game days?

I didn't know about this and so finished the game without experiencing all of the side content (like winning all the prizes in the raffle and the Slot House), and a Cleared save file cannot be loaded.

I intend to rectify these design flaws by hacking the money (because it's idiotic that the game gives you only 500 yen per day to spend on side content; it's not nearly enough) and enjoying the side content thoroughly before ending the game.

I would be much grateful

You can repeat all but one work day iirc by avoiding cutscenes or the well known day 3 route bug. Does not need to be within 5 or 6 days.

Also, capsules are plentiful and easier rarities (getting a Dural Gold in Shenmue 2 10 times easier than Shenmue 1) and the animations are quicker. Might be focusing too much on getting 100% gachas in the first game alone. Plenty of time and much more money opportunities in Shenmue 2. The only prizes really need to focus on: Saturn games and Yukawa figurines-- they cannot be gotten in the second game

I intend to rectify these design flaws by hacking the money (because it's idiotic that the game gives you only 500 yen per day to spend on side content; it's not nearly enough) and enjoying the side content thoroughly before ending the game.
You make it sound as if the game doesn't start you out with nearly 10,000 yen, and give you ~5% of that every day, then bank roll you again with Fuku-san's savings. (Edit: I forgot you actually have to pay for the ticket.) I had close to 90,000 yen by that point on my last save while going for all collectables--. Did you go hard on the move scrolls right away, or something? It takes me multiple full days at the Abe store pulling raffle tickets to get through that kind of money.

In answer to the main question, I do have a save like that, but it's for the Japanese Dreamcast version. Blue Swirl says it has 63 Shenmue saves (Here: https://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/?lg=en&menu=on&l=S#bar) but I don't see them.

Gamefaqs (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/dreamcast/198621-shenmue/saves) seems to mostly have completed saves, but the TClemente file appears to have one save at Chai, which is about what you're looking for, if you're playing on emulator or have a PC link VMU.

The only prizes really need to focus on: Saturn games and Yukawa figurines-- they cannot be gotten in the second game
There are a few other things like the slot house certificates, arcade score certificates, and silly things like candles and at least one of the battery types, I believe. They all get lumped into collectables in Shenmue 2. As I recall there's a specific pawn shop category for all the 'useless' items carried over from the first game.

Last edited:
@xatruio Thank you, I'll probably collect them in Shenmue 2 then if there I have more money and time.
You can repeat all but one work day iirc by avoiding cutscenes or the well known day 3 route bug. Does not need to be within 5 or 6 days.
This is a pain in the ass because you have to race and do your job every day and there's hardly any time in the evening for free time. By the time you get to Dobuita some shops even closed.

You make it sound as if the game doesn't start you out with nearly 10,000 yen, and give you ~5% of that every day
10k yen is not nearly enough to win all the raffle and toy capsules and slots. And it takes 20 days (that's a lot of real-life waiting) to get that kind of money and even 20k isn't enough for everything.

In answer to the main question, I do have a save like that, but it's for the Japanese Dreamcast version. Blue Swirl says it has 63 Shenmue saves (Here: https://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/public/?lg=en&menu=on&l=S#bar) but I don't see them.
I alway swondered about Blueswirl... could never figure out how to access the saves :(

Thank you both for the help.

Yeah, you should defo just collect everything in Shenmue II instead. You can buy toys in packs of three. Try doing it as early as you can do too.

@xatruio Thank you, I'll probably collect them in Shenmue 2 then if there I have more money and time.

This is a pain in the ass because you have to race and do your job every day and there's hardly any time in the evening for free time. By the time you get to Dobuita some shops even closed.

Focus on Abe store disc 1+2 (esp after saving account/fukusan piggy bank) because you have so much forced time at the harbour with the Tomato store collectibles during disc 3

Easier said than done, but dont play much arcade games and only spend money on vending machines or chocolate/caramel/potato chips for possible tickets. Cassettes are an expensive luxury for the raffle only after getting a job at the docks

Wasn't this topic already made with basically the same thing being said?
No, in this one I'm looking for a save file before the game sets you on rails to finish the game and gets you stuck in the harbour for most of the day.

The BlueSwirl site would've been perfect but for some reason it doesn't show the saves.

Focus on Abe store disc 1+2
I wouldn't even really attempt to get gold dural without save scumming. I've never seen a gold dural from the Abe Store, ever, and I have save scummed that shit like crazy. Shenmue I and II aren't really meant for completionists. It's not a totally impossible goal, but it's not at all intended, nor in the best interest of the typical player to attempt. The Dural figures are like that cool thing you end up with, maybe, on a particular playthrough out of 10 or 20.

10k yen is not nearly enough to win all the raffle and toy capsules and slots. And it takes 20 days (that's a lot of real-life waiting) to get that kind of money and even 20k isn't enough for everything.
Depends on how you play the game. Any time you're "waiting" is a great time to be practicing moves in parks or parking lots, if you're not actually interested in talking with all the people in town. There's a very specific method to mastering moves, though, if you don't want to be at it for a full eternity.

The BlueSwirl site would've been perfect but for some reason it doesn't show the saves.
It might be worth trying to access it from the Dreamcast browser. I'm pretty sure it's made with that purpose in mind, so it's possible some elements are broken on modern browsers.

Cassettes are an expensive luxury for the raffle only after getting a job at the docks

It's probably some kind of placebo, but I always felt like I had better luck when buying cassettes. Never bought more than one of each, though, that always felt like a waste.

Back