Anyone here developed for Shenmue or any of the related companies?

Favourite title
Shenmue
I'm a developer and it would be my dream to work with them. I'm no games dev, just web and mobile, but man i'd code a supporting website for free for them.

I'm a developer and it would be my dream to work with them. I'm no games dev, just web and mobile, but man i'd code a supporting website for free for them.
Are you fluent in Japanese? That seems to be the biggest prerequisite.

YsNet Inc. is currently recruiting staff.

● Open positions

① Planning
② Level designer
③ Programmer
④3DCG designer (character, background, motion, effects, UI)
⑤Product Manager
⑥ Cut scene artist
⑦Director
⑧General affairs and general affairs

● Required skills

②③: Experience of UE3 / 4.
④: Experience of 3D tools such as Maya, MAX, XSI etc.
⑤: Those who have experience in outsourcing management and overseas outsourcing management are welcome.
⑥: Experience in making cutscenes on consoles / game machines / video works using Maya / UE4 etc.
⑦: Experienced director of production scenes such as games, movies and animations.
⑧: Persons with experience in administrative and general affairs are welcome. PC skills such as Word and Excel are required.
* We do not recruit inexperienced people

● Work location

Tokyo

● Working conditions

Employment type: Negotiable
Salary: Determined according to our rules, taking into account experience and abilities.
Working hours: 10:00 to 19:00 (⑧ is from 9:30 to 18:30)
Holidays: 2 days a week (Saturday and Sunday), holidays, summer vacation, New Year holidays, etc.

● Eligibility

High school graduate or older, 18 years old ~.
Healthy, cheerful and responsible person.
Foreign nationals must be able to perform business communication such as reading and writing Japanese.

● How to apply

Please prepare your resume and job history (free format) and send an e-mail to [email protected].
If you wish to work in ④⑥⑦, please submit it if you have a work.
* If there are many applications, it may take some time for selection.
Please note that works will not be returned.
We will keep the secret of the application strictly.

Are you fluent in Japanese? That seems to be the biggest prerequisite.

I have actually worked in Tokyo as a developer before and man, it wasn't nice at a Japanese company.

I saw videos of the staff in SIII's production, so I don't know if Ys.net is black, but man I would work unneeded overtime just to work on a Shenmue project.

My Japanese is okay, just not good enough for business etc.

I guess my best bet would be a foreign agency who works with the Shenmue title.

These are the guys who localized Shenmue 3:

Im a developper to its also my dream to work on shenmue but i dont use ue4 i use unity

Back