Anyone jump into Tekken 7 recently? They got a new character: Leroy Jenkins, er Leroy Smith. Wing Chun guy.

So anyways his backstory is he survived a major gang fight in New York 50 years ago when he was a small boy but his entire family was killed and he barely survived, losing one eye and nearly drowning but was picked up by a merchant on a ship probably headed to China. From there he became a trader and in Hong Kong discovered the art of Wing Chun and trained in it. 50 years later he decided to head back to NY which is still infested by gangs but not as much, and he learns that Tekken main boss, Heihachi Mishima and his Mishima Zaibatsu corporation was behind those gang fights 50 years ago so he seeks to get rid of him.

Anyways this new character kinda a big deal because its the first time Wing Chun has been put into a Japanese fighting game.

In fact, the only time I've ever seen it in a fighting game other than this is Jae Lee's Shaolin vs Wutang indie fighting game on Steam which he made himself.

So its interesting to say the least. Why did it take 30 years for Wing Chun to be in a professional fighting game?

Imagine Ryo running into Leroy Smith in H.K. in the late 80's lol

Yes, I've been playing online for most of this year. (it's probably the one game I've played more than any other this year)

Leroy Smith is a pain in the friggin ass if I'm speaking honestly...very parry happy. To the point where it feels like you can't play pressure against him. Well, it depends on the player, I've had some matches where I've handled him pretty well but as soon as I face off against a higher rank player using him? Well, it all goes to hell as he gets super parry happy and punishes the shit out of you for any one mistake you may make.

His parries are deeply annoying in this game. But hey, I'm a yellow rank/orange rank kind of guy so of course, I suck at Tekken :D (when compared to the big boys and girls at least)

He's just another dynamic added to my ever growing love-hate relationship with Tekken 7 (I do love the game more than I hate it though)

Yes, I've been playing online for most of this year. (it's probably the one game I've played more than any other this year)

Leroy Smith is a pain in the friggin ass if I'm speaking honestly...very parry happy. To the point where it feels like you can't play pressure against him. Well, it depends on the player, I've had some matches where I've handled him pretty well but as soon as I face off against a higher rank player using him? Well, it all goes to hell as he gets super parry happy and punishes the shit out of you for any one mistake you may make.

His parries are deeply annoying in this game. But hey, I'm a yellow rank/orange rank kind of guy so of course, I suck at Tekken :D (when compared to the big boys and girls at least)

He's just another dynamic added to my ever growing love-hate relationship with Tekken 7 (I do love the game more than I hate it though)

sounds like ooh you got this work :ROFLMAO:

Well I'm happy its a welcomed return to real martial arts implemented into the series.
Too much focus on fake anime characters and joke ones for the past decade

sounds like ooh you got this work :ROFLMAO:

Well I'm happy its a welcomed return to real martial arts implemented into the series.
Too much focus on fake anime characters and joke ones for the past decade

Yes...I literally can't stand facing off against Alisa or Lucky Chloe in this game...especially Alisa. That chainsaw crap needs to go away.

I still think this is why I prefer VF over Tekken. It's an actual fighting game with a strict focus on martial arts...no WEEB bullshit.

Leroy Smith is interesting to fight, his parries are just a pain is all. I'll take Leroy over Noctis (why is Noctis in this game? He belongs in Soul Calibur...not Tekken) and Negan.

I'm a Xiaoyu main so it's been interesting to find out what I can and can't use against him.

Yes...I literally can't stand facing off against Alisa or Lucky Chloe in this game...especially Alisa. That chainsaw crap needs to go away.

I still think this is why I prefer VF over Tekken. It's an actual fighting game with a strict focus on martial arts...no WEEB bullshit.

Leroy Smith is interesting to fight, his parries are just a pain is all. I'll take Leroy over Noctis (why is Noctis in this game? He belongs in Soul Calibur...not Tekken) and Negan.

I'm a Xiaoyu main so it's been interesting to find out what I can and can't use against him.

Agreed about VF.
Agreed about the WEEB bullshit. Lucky Chloe and Alisa are terrible characters.
Agreed about Noctis yes he belongs in SC6 not Tekken
Agreed about Negan He has NO business being in Tekken. Maybe MK11 lol
Damn we agree on everything here lol
Its too bad most casuals ignored VF.

Back