RL_ShenmueFanArt_CloseUp_01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • RL_ShenmueFanArt_Fight_CloseUp_02.jpg
    RL_ShenmueFanArt_Fight_CloseUp_02.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
  • RL_ShenmueFanArt_Kick_02.jpg
    RL_ShenmueFanArt_Kick_02.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 34
Hello :) I'd like to submit a fanart for consideration for the next issue, but I'd like to do something new for it. I attached a recent work I did for an Assassin's Creed zine to give you a rough idea of what I can do... and a quicker Shenmue thing I did for fun :)

I had a couple of questions though, but I understand if you don't have an answer right now!
  1. When would the submission need to be ready for the next issue (I totally get it if you have no idea about this).
  2. If I make a new artwork for the zine, should I not share it online before the issue is released/at all?

Attachments

• roadtrip2.jpg
    roadtrip2.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 55
  • chowmein.jpg
    chowmein.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 55
Hello :) I'd like to submit a fanart for consideration for the next issue, but I'd like to do something new for it. I attached a recent work I did for an Assassin's Creed zine to give you a rough idea of what I can do... and a quicker Shenmue thing I did for fun :)

I had a couple of questions though, but I understand if you don't have an answer right now!
  1. When would the submission need to be ready for the next issue (I totally get it if you have no idea about this).
  2. If I make a new artwork for the zine, should I not share it online before the issue is released/at all?
Chowmein is AWESOME! lmao

These are all great guys! Shaun, your points:
1. Issue's are scheduled to be one per 6 months, if I can achieve this, then any time within probably the first 3-4 months after the cycle of this issue. So after i’ve shipped out everyone’s orders i will try and jump straight into issue 2 in time for July perhaps! So I would say a deadline of March-April, would probably get you in time for. But this is all Estimation! I’ll try and save your work a page. The magazine dimensions are 168mm by 238mm, and use 3mm bleed around the whole thing. So if you really want to tailor make something to fit perfect then that would be the perfect size without losing a small amount to the bleed or headache to fit without resizing! Also, i’m not sure if you saw how I laid out other fan art in example shots, there was a part in the video and I think I also shared another page perhaps, but the style atleast for issue 1 is like an art gallery, with name plate under the work.
If you would like something similar, i’ll find out the correct page size to include this so that it doesn’t again cover any part of your work!

2. You are more than welcome to share anything you make, unless you want it to be a surprise. Either is fine with me :)

I really love your artstyle dude! Would be awesome to see your stuff in issue 2.

Back