Ask the Person Below you a Question?

A: For breakfast I'd have 4 bacon, 2 sausage, 1 fried egg splattered, mushrooms, tomatoes, and French toast with a pot of tea.

For dinner reggae reggae chicken wraps with peppers, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, and spring onions.

Finally, for tea a proper roast dinner. Medium steak, roast potatoes, new potatoes, mash, gravy, broccoli, cauliflower, stuffing, and Yorkshire puds.

Maybe carrot and coriander or oxtail soup as a starter. Pancakes with ice cream and sauce as a dessert.

Q: What's the first thing you're gonna do when the lockdown ends and everywhere reopens?

Two, one for my head and one between my legs. I struggle to sleep so having a good pillow is very important to me.

Q - What's your ideal meal for the day? Breakfast, lunch and a 3 course dinner.
I'm a breakfast foodie for sure, so if I choose to (rarely), I've gotta have either over medium fried eggs or scrambled eggs, chewy bacon (crispy can GTFO), sausage, and hash hrowns. Anything else is a bonus. Lunch and dinner...lemon pepper chicken tenders and creamy garlic shell noodles for one, and a good ol' fashioned meat lover's pizza for the other. That'd be a dream day.

EDIT: Mittens beat me to it. Probably just go visit family. I'm not much of a party goer, though I figure there will be a lot of those.

SEGA or Nintendo?

A: For breakfast I'd have 4 bacon, 2 sausage, 1 fried egg splattered, mushrooms, tomatoes, and French toast with a pot of tea.

For dinner reggae reggae chicken wraps with peppers, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, and spring onions.

Finally, for tea a proper roast dinner. Medium steak, roast potatoes, new potatoes, mash, gravy, broccoli, cauliflower, stuffing, and Yorkshire puds.

Maybe carrot and coriander or oxtail soup as a starter. Pancakes with ice cream and sauce as a dessert.

Q: What's the first thing you're gonna do when the lockdown ends and everywhere reopens?
Jesus Mittens, you and I would get along so much. You're meal would be almost identical to mine. Just got to get used to you Northerners referring to lunch as dinner and dinner as tea...

Breakfast - bacon, sausage, eggs, beans, fried slice and a sorrel and ginger drink

Lunch - my sister in law's Oxtail, Roti, coleslaw and a Guinness punch.

Dinner - Aranchni in tomato sauce to start. Medium steak, chips, onion rings and prawns for main. Pecan pie and sticky toffee pudding for dessert.

A -

1 - Find a job
2 - Rent a pressure washer to clean the garden
3 - Arrange a meal with the boys
4 - Smoke some Shisha
5 - Go back to the mundane of everyday life. In an ironic way, this is probably the most interesting thing to happen to us as a nation for a long time.

Q - How do you reckon your country and the rest of the world will change following this pandemic?

SEGA or Nintendo?

I grew up with a Nintendo, but have always been a Sonic fan at heart. However, I have tended to zigzag between the two depending on the times. In the 90s and early 00's, I was firmly in the SEGA camp with Sonic, Shenmue, Virtua Fighter, Space Harrier, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star, Virtual-On, etc.

However once SEGA became more conservative, I became more interested in some Nintendo IP's with Zelda 86, Twilight Princess, Pocket Monsters, and the entire Metroid saga being my favorites. I still enjoy some franchises from SEGA like Ryu Ga Gotoku and Valkyria Chronicles. However SEGA's "Golden Age" is long gone in my opinion.

Q: Star Wars or Star Trek?

I'm a breakfast foodie for sure, so if I choose to (rarely), I've gotta have either over medium fried eggs or scrambled eggs, chewy bacon (crispy can GTFO), sausage, and hash hrowns. Anything else is a bonus. Lunch and dinner...lemon pepper chicken tenders and creamy garlic shell noodles for one, and a good ol' fashioned meat lover's pizza for the other. That'd be a dream day.

EDIT: Mittens beat me to it. Probably just go visit family. I'm not much of a party goer, though I figure there will be a lot of those.

SEGA or Nintendo?

That took you almost two n a half hours to type? 🤨

Ha, I think I got interrupted between opening the thread and replying, and just didn't think that someone else might have already replied.

"Q: Star Wars or Star Trek?"

star trek.

i think George Lucas was a genius for coming up with the concept of the Star Wars universe and the original trilogy was amazing but if you take into account the hundreds of millions of dollars and artistic talent pumped into making all the other movies, they are pretty much fall short of what the fans want and wanted .. While trek is not perfect each series has some really great acting and storylines which still hold up today. .while rewatching all the Star Wars movies a few years ago, they just made me cringe.

As we skipped Nathanial Essex's question, I will re post it.

Q - How do you reckon your country and the rest of the world will change following this pandemic?

new question.

would you rather be life long friends with either sylvester stallone or arnold schwarzenegger?

Arnold to hang out with his cool pets.

Best TV show that can be watched on Netflix?
I'll probably say Death Note. Other honourable mentions include; Breaking Bad, Greenleaf, Sons of Anarchy, Altered Carbon and Making a Murderer. Also, The Boys on Amazon Prime is way up there and a must watch for those that haven't seen it.

Q - You have two weeks holiday. Money is not an issue and you can be with anyone you want or leave anyone at home (children for example). What do you do?

Me, I'll spend the first week to 10 days on a food tour in America and Asia. A couple days in Dubai, safari in Africa and finish with a relaxing holiday on some island with healthy food and massages every day.

Just 2 weeks, huh? Hmm...

Australia for sure, for 3-4 days:

- Go fishing for Black Marlin (1 day)
- Go fishing on the GBR (1 day)
- Visit a mate from the Gamefaqs boards (1-2 days)

Oceania (either Fiji, French Polynesia, Samoa, Tonga, whatever) for 3 days

- 1 day offshore fishing
- 1 day reef fishing
- 1 day relax on beach

Kona for 3 days

- Go fishing for Spearfish
- If none the first day, go again. Otherwise, explore the area.
- If none the second day, go again. Otherwise, relax on beach.

DR for 4-5 days

- All inclusive
- Go fishing at least 2 of the days
- Fish every morning I'm not on a boat
- Non fishing days, relax and don't leave my hotel lol

That would be it! Or, I would do my vacation this year that got cancelled (if no COVID, I would've started in 2 days :():

2 week drive through Eastern Canada, going through Quebec (1 night), New Brunswick (2 nights), Prince Edward Island (2 nights), Nova Scotia (4 nights, 3 in Halifax, 1 in Sydney), ferry over to Newfoundland (1 night), stay in Newfoundland (3 nights), ferry back (1 night), New Brunswick again (1 night), back home in Ontario.

I had planned so much and was to go Shark fishing, bloody COVID ruined it :(

Q: Going off of Nathaniel's question, what food/dish is your favourite of these Southeast-Asian Cuisines:

Japan: (sushi for me, specifically, Horse Mackerel Nigiri)
China: (Ebi Chili {Szechuan} for me)
Vietnam: (Bun, specifically with shrimp, for me)
Thailand: (Pad Thai. I know)

A. Not much of a "foodie," but I adore Chinese beef curry and Singapore noodles.

Q. What is the most fucked up dream you've had recently?

A couple of weeks back, I dreamed I was on the bottom floor of a building that was under construction - dirt floor, girders, plastic sheets; the works. Ahead of me was a covered stack of crates, a mounted machine gun, and four guys in the midst of a struggle. One of the guys was thrown to the ground, two backed off, and another manned the machine gun. The guy who was thrown to the ground jumped to his feet, but was quickly put back down with a round to the head, killing him instantly. (This is where I went in for a closer look.) As if that wasn't bad enough, the guy on the machine gun then began unloading into the corpse mercilessly, ripping the clothes, flesh, and organs from his body until all that was left was a snow white skeleton. The appearance of the latter event looked so cartoonish - the stuff that was being shot away just upped and disappeared as if it was being edited in real-time - which only made it look all the more disturbing and off.

I woke up instantly. Memorable for all the wrong reasons.

I know I've had many messed up dreams but I can only remember glimpses. One thing that happens a lot to me is my mind going half asleep. I'm awake, can move around etc. but my mind is fried and I'll be thinking or talking absolute nonsense.

I sleep in the same bed as my 3 year old and him waking up, hitting me and generally disturbing me in the middle of the night has made this a very frequent occurrence. What's also funny is that a lot of the time this is linked to a video game I'm playing. Not a recent example but some time ago I was half awake and wanted to turn on the light but couldn't be bothered to get up. Instead, I said to myself I'll get "Foley" to do it. Who's Foley? One of the characters in the video game Conflict Desert Storm. I was, whilst awake, genuinely trying to summon and manoeuvre this character to turn on the light. It wasn't working and I was getting frustrated then the penny dropped and I said to myself "you're such an idiot, Foley can't turn on the light because you haven't turned the Xbox on". Yes, makes little sense I know.

My wife used to do this thing where she'll get startled at night and wake up screaming in a horrific way. It could simply be her getting up to use the toilet, I get up and she would just get freaked the fuck out.

The scariest time was when we were at my mum's. I was sleeping on the sofa in the same room as my wife and I saw her get up with this big grin on her face and doing a overly joyful walk (swinging her arms) towards the light switch. I said her name just as she turned on the light and she let out a massive scream. I would say like something from a horror movie but this it was more like something I would expect to hear from a real life scenario of someone being attacked. I started shouting back "noooo! It's me!". Woke up the whole house.

Q - What car do you drive? What car do you realistically want? What's your dream car?

Ford Fiesta
BMW 5 Series
Ford Mustang

I know I've had many messed up dreams but I can only remember glimpses. One thing that happens a lot to me is my mind going half asleep. I'm awake, can move around etc. but my mind is fried and I'll be thinking or talking absolute nonsense.

I sleep in the same bed as my 3 year old and him waking up, hitting me and generally disturbing me in the middle of the night has made this a very frequent occurrence. What's also funny is that a lot of the time this is linked to a video game I'm playing. Not a recent example but some time ago I was half awake and wanted to turn on the light but couldn't be bothered to get up. Instead, I said to myself I'll get "Foley" to do it. Who's Foley? One of the characters in the video game Conflict Desert Storm. I was, whilst awake, genuinely trying to summon and manoeuvre this character to turn on the light. It wasn't working and I was getting frustrated then the penny dropped and I said to myself "you're such an idiot, Foley can't turn on the light because you haven't turned the Xbox on". Yes, makes little sense I know.

My wife used to do this thing where she'll get startled at night and wake up screaming in a horrific way. It could simply be her getting up to use the toilet, I get up and she would just get freaked the fuck out.

The scariest time was when we were at my mum's. I was sleeping on the sofa in the same room as my wife and I saw her get up with this big grin on her face and doing a overly joyful walk (swinging her arms) towards the light switch. I said her name just as she turned on the light and she let out a massive scream. I would say like something from a horror movie but this it was more like something I would expect to hear from a real life scenario of someone being attacked. I started shouting back "noooo! It's me!". Woke up the whole house.

Q - What car do you drive? What car do you realistically want? What's your dream car?

Ford Fiesta
BMW 5 Series
Ford Mustang

Great Q!

2006 Subaru Outback: Love it to death, aside from the colour.
2010-2012 Subaru Tribeca. Depending on how long the Outback lasts, this may change to a Subaru Ascent.
Nissan Skyline R33 GTR; my favourite car on the planet. I saw one 2 Thursdays ago and complimented the guy non-stop lol.

Going off of that:

Q: Did you watch Top Gear? (with Clarkson, Hammond May) and if so, who is your favourite of the trio? What is your favourite/most-memorable episode?

A: May is undoubtedly my favourite and while the America Special (Miami to New Orleans in second-hand cars) was my first exposure to the show and arguably the most enjoyable hour of television I've EVER seen, the Bolivia special is my favourite episode, with Burma coming in close.

Take the time to say goodbye to your grandpa. That's the first thing that comes to mind.

If you could travel to meet any real person in history, who would it be and why?
Miyamoto Musashi. I have such reverence for someone whom I consider to be the greatest warrior in history. To be trained alongside him would be a tremendous honor. Also, to answer your Yacht versus Jet question I would prefer a Yacht. There is just something so soothing about being out in the ocean.

@Nathanial Essex I am not much of a car guy as I have always preferred motorcycles. If I had to choose though, I would go with an Aston Martin similar to the one used by Pierce Brosnan in Die Another Day.

My apologies for answering questions out of order, but some of these questions were too tempting to pass up.

My question is: Yu Suzuki or Shigeru Miyamoto?

Miyamoto Musashi. I have such reverence for someone whom I consider to be the greatest warrior in history. To be trained alongside him would be a tremendous honor. Also, to answer your Yacht versus Jet question I would prefer a Yacht. There is just something so soothing about being out in the ocean.

@Nathanial Essex I am not much of a car guy as I have always preferred motorcycles. If I had to choose though, I would go with an Aston Martin similar to the one used by Pierce Brosnan in Die Another Day.

My apologies for answering questions out of order, but some of these questions were too tempting to pass up.

My question is: Yu Suzuki or Shigeru Miyamoto?
Yu Suzuki…I don’t just say that because of Shenmue. I say that because I think his career and output are just largely more varied and interesting as a whole. I mean Miyamoto is great and all, but Yu’s work in pioneering 3D alone is to me more interesting.

Q: DC Comics or Marvel?

Yu Suzuki…I don’t just say that because of Shenmue. I say that because I think his career and output are just largely more varied and interesting as a whole. I mean Miyamoto is great and all, but Yu’s work in pioneering 3D alone is to be more interesting.

Q: DC Comics or Marvel?
I have always been more of a Detective Comics fan than a Marvel fan. Outside of The Punisher and Wolverine, I have always preferred Batman, Deathstroke, Cassandra Cain, and Azareal.

My question is if you were on Death Row what would your last meal be?

Last edited:
I have always been more of a Detective Comics fan than a Marvel fan. Outside of The Punisher and Wolverine, I have always preferred Batman, Deathstroke, Cassandra Cain, and Azareal.

My question is if you were on Death Row what would your last meal be?

Not a fan of DC characters at all! Always found Marvel characters to be a lot more interesting.

Answer: It will be a 3 course meal

Starter - Nachos, the proper type that are more like fried tortillas and have the cheese in the middle layer as well and just not on the top.

Main - Steak, triple cooked chips, beef ribs, garlic bread, coleslaw and a Brooklyn beer to wash it all down

Dessert - Pecan pie with vanilla and praline ice cream.

Question

Unfortunately your house burns down. You have insurance so everything is covered and no harm is down to anybody. What 3 items do you save? For me:

1. My framed winning photo from the Project Gotham Racing game. It's signed by the developers and impossible to replace.
  2. Gigantic picture of a lion. This is replaceable but I have no seen it around anywhere. It's a 70" or so glass-framed picture of a lion. Cost me £500 and I love it to bits
  3. Big Daddy (BioShock) figurine. Really like it.
Previously it would have been my computer but pretty much everything is stored on the cloud so if I was to lose my phone or Laptop, I could easily get everything back.

Also, feel free to answer any other questions!

3 things?

1. The painting of the Phoenix Hall (in Uji) that my wife did for me, for my 28th b-day.
2. PDS. I'm not letting a $1,000.00 bill getting burned away lol
3. Bear Bear. He's sitting in my basement, packed away (but EASILY-accessible) and I haven't even touched him in years, but that was my first stuffed animal and desperately want to pass him on to my own children (he's 2 feet tall, in a sitting position and despite being over 32 years old, the faux-fur is still INCREDIBLY-soft and smooth).

Probably the only things that really matter; one is a priceless gift/gesture from the most-important person in my life, the other is an heirloom, the middle item is for practicality and financial purposes, lol.

I'm not too attached to possessions, never have been and never will be.

Q: Where is your favourite place on the CONTINENT that you live on?

A: For me, always will be Toronto, as it's my favourite place on the planet. Outside of my hometown, however, I'd have to say a southern stretch of road in New Brunswick, would be my favourite place, outside of Toronto.

Back