Astral Chain is getting reviewed bombed for exclusivity...

高野和泉

"SAKURA FESTIVAL!"
Despite critically acclaimed and reached #1 in Uk charts during release.

It's now about to drop into the 5.0's ratings because of it. A glimpsed of our situation for S3?

For what? Being a switch exclusive game? That is pretty damn childish.

On a similar note, Fire emblem 3 houses is getting the same treatment that has dropped it into the 6's.

Didn't hear about Astral Chain until it waws being hyped on twitter lately. Was it ever even planned for PS4 or XBOX?

This is where gamers (a select few I might add) dont help their entitled image by doing shit like this. Ridiculous.

If a games not on the console I have so be it. If I want it badly enough I'll buy the console later on.

This shows that we need to be ready when Shenmue III drops. These idiots will try it on majorly but if we are coordinated and hammer metacritic early then we can stem the tide, especially as soon as the next 'controversy' starts they will get bored and bomb something else.

This shows that we need to be ready when Shenmue III drops. These idiots will try it on majorly but if we are coordinated and hammer metacritic early then we can stem the tide, especially as soon as the next 'controversy' starts they will get bored and bomb something else.

Perhaps Death Stranding bombing or acclaim will quell the crowd until Battlefront released, which will most assuredly be a lootbox controversial fiasco.

Shenmue isn't necessarily vying for the same gamer as Death Stranding, so if it is amazing, then I still feel no threat from sales.

Kamiya tweeted about how it's not coming to PS4 because Nintendo funded it, I assume that has a role in this review bomb nonsense. Pathetic.

Wow this is lame, admittedly the biggest concern I had upon reading the reviews was the SIlent Protagonist Syndrome - I can't stand it when a character is involved with a narrative but has no input & other NPC's talk awakwrdly aroun the fact. So it's a pass from me on that fact alone. But this hate rally isn't anything to do with the content but the exclusivity... people are brats.

Wow this is lame, admittedly the biggest concern I had upon reading the reviews was the SIlent Protagonist Syndrome - I can't stand it when a character is involved with a narrative but has no input & other NPC's talk awakwrdly aroun the fact. So it's a pass from me on that fact alone. But this hate rally isn't anything to do with the content but the exclusivity... people are brats.
Imagine if these people lived through the console wars of the 90's their little minds would explode!

I was going to post that I was lucky to choose the male, and the EN voice actress is the girl that will be playing Shenhua, she's very good (sounds more mature than Shenhua, but probably because of the game).
The game is fucking awesome.
Like really anime let's chain smaller evangelions to our wrists in a GitS cyberpunk visual aesthetic.
BTW, it does suck that the MC doesn't speak, specially since it's quite cinematic, he just looks dumb.
I understand they tried to do "the other sibling will do the talking", but just looks like the character you choose is the black sheep of the family.

It's back up to a 9.0 user score, I guess they got rid of all the fake reviews.

The game itself is outstanding and Platinum's best game to date, I highly recommed it to anyone on the fence about it. Stylish action + investigative exploration around a Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell-esque city. It's great.

Good work Metacritic deleting the 0s.

The game looks amazing. I don't have a Switch because I dont like the games. But right now with Bayonetta 2 (& 3), Astral Chain, FE, Xen Chron 2... I'm starting to get nervous...

It's back up to a 9.0 user score, I guess they got rid of all the fake reviews.

The game itself is outstanding and Platinum's best game to date, I highly recommed it to anyone on the fence about it. Stylish action + investigative exploration around a Blade Runner/Ghost in the Shell-esque city. It's great.
Hopefully they do a similar thing with Shenmue III if it gets bombed with 0's. Good work on Metacritics part.

Hopefully they do a similar thing with Shenmue III if it gets bombed with 0's. Good work on Metacritics part.
There's no reason to do it. It's not exclusive of any console. And the epic game "polemic" its not enough to make that happen.

I hadn't paid a ton of attention to it. I saw it awhile ago and thought it looked interesting, but never looked back into it (I don't play games much these days). Then I saw this post yesterday and looked back into it. Wound up buying it on my way home from work. Now to find time to play it. From what I've read it sounds interesting/fun.

The game is so good.
Makes me pissed off at how bland western games have become.
The game also has quite a bit of content, much of that is flavor text that doesn't really "costs" anything but put the game in another tier.
They really do more with less.

Back