Bailu Village Secrets III is up on Phantom River Stone!

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Shenmue III
Hi everyone! The third and final (for now at least) post in my guest series 'Bailu Village Secrets' is up today! Part III takes a deeper look at the curious story of Panda Market's Kong Mei:

image001.png

Thanks again to @Switch for the opportunity to share this with you! Let me know your thoughts, and I hope you enjoy it!

Hi everyone! The third and final (for now at least) post in my guest series 'Bailu Village Secrets' is up today! Part III takes a deeper look at the curious story of Panda Market's Kong Mei:

View attachment 8263

Thanks again to @Switch for the opportunity to share this with you! Let me know your thoughts, and I hope you enjoy it!
Love this. So many hidden details in Bailu which fit the Shenmue feel perfectly. Great work.

View attachment 8263

Absolutely amazing! These are the type details that make me love Shenmue so much, and show there's some hidden depth within some of the character featured in Shenmue 3. I love the layers to her story.

Last edited:
Stellar work researching this hidden content, Kong Mei’s story in particular was something I didn’t anticipate at all! Really goes to show how much time and effort Suzuki-san has yet again put into worldbuilding. Now I really want to fire up Shenmue III and uncover some of these details myself!

Thanks everyone! This was the part I was most excited to do, and I'm so happy you all like it! Kong Mae is definitely not the only one with more going on too, which I love.

Also if anyone has ideas for topics you'd like me to explore in a Niaowu series, let me know!

I didn't know about a few of these. For example the conversation about Kong Mei and her husband. Great, now I want to know what happened, ask Grandmaster Feng about his warnings, investigate if this is a coincidence or linked to Ryo's quest,... :p

Back