Bailu Village Secrets Part II is up on Phantom River Stone!

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Shenmue III
Hi Everyone!

Here is my second post on Phantom River Stone in my series taking a deeper look into Bailu Village. Today's Post is all about who's who on the ranking boards at Marial Hall!

Shenmue 3 Screenshot 2020.05.28 - 20.05.27.62.png

Bailu Village Secrets Part II: The Ranking Boards at Martial Hall

Hope you all enjoy! Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks @Switch for the opportunity to post about some of my favorite parts of Shenmue III!

Also here is Part I in case you missed it about the ema plaques in Man Yuan Temple:
Bailu Village Secrets Part I: Ema at Man Yuan Temple

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

Here is my second post on Phantom River Stone in my series taking a deeper look into Bailu Village. Today's Post is all about who's who on the ranking boards at Marial Hall!

View attachment 8023

Hope you all enjoy! Any and all feedback is appreciated! Thanks @Switch for the opportunity to post about some of my favorite parts of Shenmue III!

Also here is Part I in case you missed it about the ema plaques in Man Yuan Temple:
I read both articles this morning. Really good work and shows the real Shenmue style detail that went into Bailu for me.

The more people delve into this game the more it stands true to the originals in what it's trying to do.

Hi Everyone!

View attachment 8023

Great work @SalsaShark I enjoyed reading your articles. It reminds me of what Suzuki said about "taking your time" with the game. I may criticise this game a lot, but one of its positives is the rich amount of detail. I look forward to reading more of your articles in the future.

Great article @SalsaShark. Can’t wait to see your dedicated article on Kong Mei!

The more people delve into this game the more it stands true to the originals in what it's trying to do.

Yeah I think we take it for granted since it’s 20 years old game that many of us have replayed countless times but I guarantee all that optional content, subtle character interactions or connections weren’t exactly apparent to most players the first few playthroughs.

While I don’t think Shenmue 3 has same breadth of content in terms of optional or hidden scenes it’s clear there’s definitely more integration in Bailu that meets the eye and I think why many of us enjoyed the section of the game more.

Back