Best Gaming Laptops

Favourite title
Shenmue
Instead of investing in an Xbox Series or PS5 I'm looking to buy a new laptop capable of gaming, basic video editing and for basic business use. I currently have a 2016 model Acer Aspire R15 2 in 1 which has been decent but is starting to show its age in the last year and is borderline unusable as even a basic PC at times. I paid $200 on a fire sale for the Acer in late 2016 but it was a $850 laptop brand new at that time, it's worth around $300-$450 used now, so I'm starting away from that budget and lower end laptops. I have spent many years selling laptops professinally, but they're all really low end and basic(usually under $120)for people just looking to get on facebook or youtube, so I don't know much about gaming or business level laptops. Can anyone recommend a laptop from 2019, 2020 or 2021 that meets the following specs:

-Under $800 or less USD(may go up to $1,000 max if the rig is right)
-Must be able to play newer games on at least moderate settings. My current laptop barely plays Shenmue 3 on the lowest settings, runs Mortal Kombat 2011 perfectly fine but runs hot and The Medium 2021 starts up but is unplayable to give some insight.
-Intel i7 Processor or better(AMD would be ok too as long as it's equivalent to Intel i7 or better)
-Windows 10 only(no Mac/Chromebook or Linux)
-Gaming level graphics card
-15.6" display ideal, 17" is ok too. Nothing smaller than 15.6"
-Preferably Acer, MSI, Dell or Lenovo, but open to other brands possibly
-Preferably a 2 in 1 conversion with touchscreen, but not required

Thanks!

Instead of investing in an Xbox Series or PS5 I'm looking to buy a new laptop capable of gaming, basic video editing and for basic business use. I currently have a 2016 model Acer Aspire R15 2 in 1 which has been decent but is starting to show its age in the last year and is borderline unusable as even a basic PC at times. I paid $200 on a fire sale for the Acer in late 2016 but it was a $850 laptop brand new at that time, it's worth around $300-$450 used now, so I'm starting away from that budget and lower end laptops. I have spent many years selling laptops professinally, but they're all really low end and basic(usually under $120)for people just looking to get on facebook or youtube, so I don't know much about gaming or business level laptops. Can anyone recommend a laptop from 2019, 2020 or 2021 that meets the following specs:

-Must be able to play newer games on at least moderate settings. My current laptop barely plays Shenmue 3 on the lowest settings, runs Mortal Kombat 2011 perfectly fine but runs hot and The Medium 2021 starts up but is unplayable to give some insight.
-Intel i7 Processor or better(AMD would be ok too as long as it's equivalent to Intel i7 or better)

Thanks!

Thanks!
I'm currently thinking about the same thing.
My laptop is from 2013 and it can barely play the recent titles. I've to downscale the resolution to play some of the more recent titles. The Cpu is a Core i7 wich is not bad and i've the Nvidia Gtx 700m with only 2gb of memory wich is super weak. I can run the same games that i've in my Xbox 360 with no problem with good graphics and some of the newer titles if they are well optimized but other than that i can only play indie titles.
For Shenmue 3 i've to play in 1600 by 900 with low settings.
I've seen some youtube videos and reviews on the most recent laptops and the one that has caught my eye is the Lenovo Legion 5 wich was considered by many the best gaming budget laptop of 2020.
The one that I intent to buy is the Lenovo Legion 5 with a 15.6 inch display with a Ryzen 7 processor; 16 gb of ram; a 512 ssd and an Rtx 2060 with 6 gb of vram.
In my country it is on sale right now for about 1.299 euros wich is currently 1567 dolars i suppose; but i think on amazon it goes for about 1249 dolars.
There is also a cheaper version that goes for 997 dolars but it comes with a gtx 1660 ti wich i believe also has 6 gb of vram.

But currently i'm considering waiting because the new 2021 models go for sale on march and have been improved and come with the new Nvidia 3000 series.
If the prices maintain relatively the same ill buy the new model; but if the older model goes on sale for a good price i think ill go for that one instead.

I have ps5 though but not going to get Xbox this time because the old xboxes have always been my least used consoles ever. I cannot justify paying 500 Euro for something that i am not going to use. A laptop on the other hand has a general use besides playing the pc exclusives.

At first I wanted to get eihter an asus tuf/rog or the Lenovo Legion. This models are quite decent for my price range up to 1400 euro and also have quite good graphics card ( a rtx 2060).

But as the future models will be with as soon I have decided to wait. Maybe I can a laptop with the Nvidia 3000 series in it. There might be a chance that there i can a good model at my price range.

I ended up picking up a mid-range gaming laptop i7 10th gen with 16GB RAM on sale for $600 USD. Should be a sufficient rig for 3-5 years for what I need it for. I also secured an Xbox Series S model a few hours ago for pick up next week. Probably not going to bother with PS5 on a personal level at all this year (outside of business reasons, of course) unless a must have exclusive pops up, which I highly doubt will happen. Kena Bridge of Spirits is coming to PC and that's the only thing on the horizon that looks like a must have. Admittedly, Ghostwire Tokyo does look interesting too but I would need to see more.

Sorry for digging out that old threat but maybe you guys can help. As I said in my post above I am going to wait until the Geforce 30 mobile cards are out there. Now they are out and I think I will purchase my new gaming laptop at some point in August.

But what do you guys think it is reall worth to go for mobile rtx 3070 compared to a rtx 2060 or 70. In desktop segment the answer would be yes but the mobile gpus are downgraded compared to their desktop versions anyway.

My old favourite option would be this model here with the RTX 2060

But that slighly more expensive model with the 3060

would be quite tempting.

But I am not sure if is worth to the with the 3 series over the 2 series in the mobile segment.

Do we have any experts here that you tell me there opinion on that matter?

thanks for the help in advance.

Sorry for digging out that old threat but maybe you guys can help. As I said in my post above I am going to wait until the Geforce 30 mobile cards are out there. Now they are out and I think I will purchase my new gaming laptop at some point in August.

But what do you guys think it is reall worth to go for mobile rtx 3070 compared to a rtx 2060 or 70. In desktop segment the answer would be yes but the mobile gpus are downgraded compared to their desktop versions anyway.

My old favourite option would be this model here with the RTX 2060

But that slighly more expensive model with the 3060

would be quite tempting.

But I am not sure if is worth to the with the 3 series over the 2 series in the mobile segment.

Do we have any experts here that you tell me there opinion on that matter?

thanks for the help in advance.
Hope these videos help you out make your decision:

This was the one I've bought for myself:

Thanks a lot for the videos. I am going to check them out tonight. I am sure they will help me a lot :)

Back