Broken Water

So this is a long shot but the water reflections are broken.

eg there are no reflections on the edge of the screen. here the boat reflection goes.
and here the actual buildings just go.

its reflecting what the camera view is seeing and not the world reflections. in some cases, standing behind say a direction wooden sign while looking at the water turns the water brown. its makes no sense and id love to fix this.

long shot as in... not actually broken, you mean?

Unfortunately I don't think it's broken like you think it is because screen space reflexion is a common way to do it, it's why scenery match the camera and not the world and also why foreground objects are reflected behind themselves.

I'm not sure about the missing parts at the borders of the screen, could it be because the camera don't have the original fov ? have you tried without the camera mod to see if the missing parts are that large ?

Unfortunately I don't think it's broken like you think it is because screen space reflexion is a common way to do it, it's why scenery match the camera and not the world and also why foreground objects are reflected behind themselves.

I'm not sure about the missing parts at the borders of the screen, could it be because the camera don't have the original fov ? have you tried without the camera mod to see if the missing parts are that large ?
yeah its the same. also same on demo. i used to mess with unreal engine over a year ago and the basic water plane would do this but ones on marketplace didnt so i thought it must be settings somewhere. ah well.

yeah, i don't think it is really broken. Different, perhaps.

To 'fix' this it would require changing the materials/shaders used to create the effect. @sbkodama is correct in that the game is using SSR for some reflections, and that includes the water you're looking at. It's possible to fix, but it'd take some creativity.

Back