Bysby Theme (Shenmue Dojo 2003) added

Peter

Administrator
Right before Shenmue III drops, adding Yama's 2010 Dojo design was a nostalgia trip and a half. So much so that it made me think about the very beginning, when i first joined the Shenmue Dojo back in 2004. Back then, i would have been on the old Packard Bell, loading up AOL to try and log into the Shenmue Dojo forums for any news regarding the future of the franchise. The iconic design from that era, created by Bysby2k, will always be where it started for me, and it seemed fitting to go back and try to pay our respects to Bysby by recreating his original theme in our Xenforo software!

Unfortunately Bysby, a great member and admin of the forums , suffered some personal issues back in the mid 00's, and since then its been hard to hear how he has been getting on. As far as we can gather, he had a major stroke, causing severe memory loss, and leads a different life now. Last update we had was from AnimeGamer on the old forums, and were told that he is in an institution. Today, we are unsure if he can remember Shenmue at all, or even worse...

Either way, thank you to @LemonHaze of course for being patient, and bringing another idea to life! Bysby, this ones for you.

Bysby Theme 1.png
Desktop Version

Bysby Theme 2.jpg
Mobile Version
How to change themes

Simply scroll down to the bottom of the forum main page, and click on "Shenmue Dojo Style". From there, select which theme you would like the forums to be styled with. Simple!

Theme change 1.png

Theme change 2.png

Fantastic! I remember this theme from when I lurked back in the day!

Was there once, around 2006-2007, a Dojo theme that was orange and cream-coloured?

holy crap, Bysby is a name I'd not heard in so damn long. Woah, sad to hear of troubles :./

Looks great! Pretty sure orange was the theme before Bysby, just as Shen2 was coming out on Dreamcast and announced for XBOX in NA? 'Twas the design when I first began browsing; green redesign was when I joined the forums mid 2003. The feels...!

Was there once, around 2006-2007, a Dojo theme that was orange and cream-coloured?

Believe you’re talking about the alt Phoenix theme that was released simultaneously with this design when the forums relaunched in 2003.

holy crap, Bysby is a name I'd not heard in so damn long. Woah, sad to hear of troubles :./

Looks great! Pretty sure orange was the theme before Bysby, just as Shen2 was coming out on Dreamcast and announced for XBOX in NA? 'Twas the design when I first began browsing; green redesign was when I joined the forums mid 2003. The feels...!

See post above. You’re thinking of the Forum Planet days, pre-2003. Wasn’t really cream colored.

Yeah i know, it was a burnt orange.

Ah yes, I remember the Dojo looking like this while lurking. Good ol days waiting for Shenmue III news, but getting Shenmue Online instead. Still remember coming home from band camp in high school and seeing Onlines announcement video.

Ah yes, I remember the Dojo looking like this while lurking. Good ol days waiting for Shenmue III news, but getting Shenmue Online instead. Still remember coming home from band camp in high school and seeing Onlines announcement video.

Me too; those days of lurking were great; so much anticipation and guys like Alimn and Kiyuu brought so much energy, with translations and fighting to get the third game released!

Me too; those days of lurking were great; so much anticipation and guys like Alimn and Kiyuu brought so much energy, with translations and fighting to get the third game released!
Good times and bad. I still remember checking IGN and seeing Shenmue II for NA was moved to Xbox. :(

Well, this is certainly a blast from the past! When I first joined in July 2003, I never could have imagined that Shenmue III would be released more than 16 years later. This has been quite the incredible journey.

Such sad news about Bysby though. :(

You guys are so lovable people
So are you! 😊 🤗

6KjX.gif

This is awesome. An hour before I get to play Shenmue 3 and I notice this.

Miss you bysby.

Right before Shenmue III drops, adding Yama's 2010 Dojo design was a nostalgia trip and a half. So much so that it made me think about the very beginning, when i first joined the Shenmue Dojo back in 2004. Back then, i would have been on the old Packard Bell, loading up AOL to try and log into the Shenmue Dojo forums for any news regarding the future of the franchise. The iconic design from that era, created by Bysby2k, will always be where it started for me, and it seemed fitting to go back and try to pay our respects to Bysby by recreating his original theme in our Xenforo software!

Unfortunately Bysby, a great member and admin of the forums , suffered some personal issues back in the mid 00's, and since then its been hard to hear how he has been getting on. As far as we can gather, he had a major stroke, causing severe memory loss, and leads a different life now. Last update we had was from AnimeGamer on the old forums, and were told that he is in an institution. Today, we are unsure if he can remember Shenmue at all, or even worse...

Either way, thank you to @LemonHaze of course for being patient, and bringing another idea to life! Bysby, this ones for you.

View attachment 5197
Desktop Version

View attachment 5198
Mobile Version
How to change themes

Simply scroll down to the bottom of the forum main page, and click on "Shenmue Dojo Style". From there, select which theme you would like the forums to be styled with. Simple!

This theme made it much more comfortable for me to transition to the new forum.

Back