Can we beat the record of 327 people online in steam? :)

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
A Plague Tale 2
PSN
thedemon1238
XBL
thedemon1238
Steam
thedemon1238
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-7004-8465-0622
Dreamcast Now
thedemon1238
I don't know if this makes sense in general and if raising that particular statistic will help the series, but...
Can we beat the record of 327 people online at the same time on steam? It was set around the release date on steam in 2020. I don't know why, but that stat really annoys me and some youtubers use it as a weapon against Shenmue 3.

For example, on the 4th of the month, everyone should Run the Steam version for an hour in the background. Even if he's not playing. You can even turn off the TV/monitor screen and stay in the inventory menu or the title screen.

This is the site where you can see the statistics of how many people play per day and how many were online at the same time. You can compare with other games too. For example Lost Judgment all-time reak is 2,230, Yakuza 0 is 8,907, another kickstarter game Bloodstained is 26,811..... 327 for Shenmue III is very annoying. :D

I don't know if this makes sense in general and if raising that particular statistic will help the series, but...
Can we beat the record of 327 people online at the same time on steam? It was set around the release date on steam in 2020. I don't know why, but that stat really annoys me and some youtubers use it as a weapon against Shenmue 3.

For example, on the 4th of the month, everyone should Run the Steam version for an hour in the background. Even if he's not playing. You can even turn off the TV/monitor screen and stay in the inventory menu or the title screen.

This is the site where you can see the statistics of how many people play per day and how many were online at the same time. You can compare with other games too. For example Lost Judgment all-time reak is 2,230, Yakuza 0 is 8,907, another kickstarter game Bloodstained is 26,811..... 327 for Shenmue III is very annoying. :D
Steam data doesn’t mean all that much really, especially when you consider that the Steam release came a full year after the game’s actual release date due to the EGS exclusivity. If anything, you could argue that having 300+ players a full year on from release is a somewhat decent achievement. Games like Forspoken are less than a year old yet already have a lower daily CCU.

That's exactly why the Shenmue 3 data isn't real. Because the game came out 1 year before. It was heavily discounted on both Epic and consoles. Whoever wanted to play it has already played it.

Companies and devs have access to better data than this. But random people, youtubers, journalists.... They only have steamcharts. They use steam chart data as an indicator of interest. In their articles, videos, message boards posting...

Not everybody remember the details around shenmue 3 launch, epic deal, one year later, boycotts....They only sees steamchart data. It is not specified there that Shenmue 3 is a game that came out first in another place 1 year ago. The only conclusion that a person unfamiliar with the details can draw is that there was not much interest in the third game. The details surrounding a situation fade over time. Only the numbers remain... Аnd numbers can be used in not very fair ways.

Therefore, I think that manipulating this data, even artificially by us, will show more real results. :smileycat: Ordinary people cannot take data from Playstation, Epic store and gog and uses steam chart as a reference.

Last edited:
Artificially increasing the community play time like poor selling rapper/singer. I can hear the negative press from the shenmue hate crowd now

Back