Catfish Rally?

I searched all over the forum and couldn't find any information on this; so I'm sorry if this is a re-post.

I've been having a hard time activating the Catfish Rally request. I've read the guide for requests on this site, and 3 other sites, and all say different events activate the request. I haven't been able to activate it using any of these guides.

The guide on this forum says it activates before going to the Hermit's Nest, another says it activates after finding the picture of the Verdant Bridge at the Temple, another says after learning the Body Check move, etc. All of these contradict each other, though, because they're all wildly out of sync with the progression of the game's story line. You can't go to the Temple before going to the Hermit's Nest, you can't go to Hermit's Nest or learn the Body Check until you go to the Temple, etc.

I'm just confused as to when the request unlocks or when it's too late to join the Rally.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: I already completed the Biggest Catch request.

All I know is I triggered it way after I got access to the temple and I also never did the Biggest Catch sidequest beforehand. Wasn't even offered to me.

Ugh. It sucks because I actually did all Bailu subquests before but I can't remember the sequence. I'm on NGx10 but I cant get this request to activate. And I keep checking between all main quests and all requests to make sure I don't miss it.

Thanks for the help.

If anyone has something more definitive I'd appreciate it.

UPDATE: Just in case anyone else has issues unlocking this request I just wanted to mention that, for me, it unlocked the second time I went to the Hermit's Nest; when Ryo decides he needs to find martial arts experts because he can't beat the thug leader.

Back