Cedric answering questions live on Facebook right now!

Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar

Seems they're having technical issues, but they're trying to go live now. Says they'll take questions on anything including Shenmue. The stream should pop up on the page when it goes live. I assume questions in English will be answered, but obviously it's a French page.

Meet Cedric Biscay tomorrow Thursday, March 26th at 16 pm for a FB live in lockdown mode
1f609.png
;)
You can ask your questions now about MAGIC, Shibuya Productions, Shenmue, Blitz, and anything that goes through your head in response to this post or in private message on the page.
You will also be able to ask your questions live and interact with him if the technique wants it!
This is an unexpected live and so absolutely not prepared, see it as an cool cool exchange. #restezchezvous

Seems folks are asking about Shenmue but I can't understand anything...

Anyone else watching this?

Anyone else watching this?

He said that he hasn´t got any figures of sales... He is waiting to the publisher´s information (it surprised me), and, if my french is better than my english, I think he has said that Shenmue 4 would be in discussion yet.
Sony paid for the exclusivity on consoles of Shenmue 3, so, there is no plans for release it on Xbox.
If they make Shenmue 4 it will be on the NEXT GEN, every option is open (not only on PS5).
There isn´t SEGA capsule toys and arcade beacuse they had to pay for it.
No more kickstarter. (His opinion).
He didn´t introduce any changes on the Shenmue 3´story.
He thinks Shenmue 3 is more than OK, not perfect, because the budget (he insisted on it), and if he would be involved in Shenmue 4, he´d like doing it bigger.
Shenmue 3 chinesse release was delayed because COVID 19.

Last edited:
I'm honestly having trouble getting the stream to work for some reason.

I'm hearing the word Shenmue a lot, for what it's worth.

"Q: Will Shenmue IV be released on PS4 or PS5?

Cédric (Personal opinion - not official statement): IF we can release Shenmue IV, it would be on PS5. But it could be on any new console as well. Everything is still open. Shenmue III had an exclusivity deal with Sony, but that would not be necessarily the same for Shenmue IV."

"Q: Did you get any information by Yu Suzuki about Shenmue IV?

Cédric: Yes. I've got information about Shenmue IV... and I've seen terrific things! BUT that doesn't absolutely mean Shenmue IV will see the light. You can have stuff but still not be able to release a game. That's how it is."

Note: That's exactly why the Shenmue Community must stay vocal and supportive of the franchise!

"Cédric: If we look back at the beginning of Shenmue III's journey, only Shibuya and Ys Net were onboard. It was a huge risk and I'm very proud of the teams and extremely thankful towards the people who made it possible and contributed to making it real."
(Note: Approximative transcription)

I keep trying to beg him to get Yu Suzuki do do a Q&A as well but I'm not even sure my messages are showing up.

This recap in Shenmue 500K Facebook group by user Munly Leong
Shenmue Live Q&A answers from Cedric Biscay (Finally finished!)
No date on Shenmue 4, not 100% confirmed. Waiting on complete sales figures from publisher
2 more shenmue games to finish the story
No Xbox version of Shenmue 3, Sony has exclusive
Working with Yu Suzuki was the same as working with any superstar music or sports legend. Dream come true
Will they stick with Deep Silver for future Shenmue games? not his decision, not by himself. All games need a publisher
Dont know if Sega will reacquire Shenmue. They were helpful even for Shenmue 3 just to release the IP to Yu
Shenmue 1 was almost "finished" on Sega Saturn before it was rebooted as a Dreamcast game
No SEGA capsule toys because they would have had to pay to license the IPss just for the toys.
Not much opinion on Epic exclujsive deal, publisher Deep Silver got money for Epic and likely helped the publisher recoup. If shenmue 4 needs it to happen again, they would do the deal again. Money is needed for game development. Likely no deal from Epic found its way to Ysnet or Shibuya Productions
Would not use Kickstarter again, difficult to use, a lot of headaches (likely referring to needing have rewards structure and fulfillment headaches)
First met Yu Suzuki in Japan. Originalyl had an original game to work with Yu on but eventually Shenmue 3 became possible
SEGA "made money" on the license i.e. Ysnet probably had to pay some of the kickstarter proceeds to license its use.
Yu only involved in Shenmue 1 & 2 re-release as a "creator". Sounds like he just gave them his blessing.
Is Akira actually Ryo in the future? no answer from Cedric with a bit of a cheeky tone lol
Cannot say what other projects YSnet might have in pipeline besides Shenmue but definitely wants to finish Shenmue series. Big gulf bewteen what Yu wants and what migth be able to realistically do
Shenmue 3 for Cedric more than ok for him but acknowledges money gates like cutting wood and odd jobs was not friendly for the casual player. Shenmue 3 was a "we did what we could with the money we had" project. Wants to go big for shenmue 4 if they can.
Can Paul Kelso and Eric Kelso (voice actors) return as Lan Di and Ren? he never played in English. Not his decision. No idea why they werent recast. He would want to keep as many of the original team members as possible
He still played through the game despite to working on it. He liked the every day minigames, herbs collecting and so on. Virtual work and mini games relaxes him
Wanted to be NPC in Shenmue 3 but never asked. Didnt want too abuse his privilege. Maybe in the future
No release in mainland China yet, still waiting on approval. Released in HK, Taiwan already.
Fave shenmue game, Shenmue 1. Was frustrated by its ending as well as Shenmue 3's ending.
Shenmue 3's ending was a bit different vs how it was written originally.

Some interesting answers there.
I'm glad Yu is dedicated to sticking to 5 games to complete the series.
Little bit worried about when Shenmue 4 will happen now, though. Cedric always seemed to come across a bit more optimistic in the past. I guess all we can do is wait - and be vocal like we were for Shenmue 3.

There isn´t SEGA capsule toys and arcade beacuse they had to pay for it.

Wow. Would just handing Yu the licenses for various SEGA characters really have hurt them? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
a lot of headaches (likely referring to needing have rewards structure and fulfillment headaches)
100% with him on this. The amount of time, money, and administrative coordination required for the astronomical amount of merch in all these Kickstarters just seems absurd to me. And the worst part is it just ends with people being mad when items inevitably don't ship on time or are smaller/lower quality than expected anyways.

Wanted to be NPC in Shenmue 3 but never asked. Didnt want too abuse his privilege. Maybe in the future
Hilarious and adorable. :ROFLMAO:

5 games, perfect.
I think I'm blind, where are you guys seeing the comment about 5 games?

Back