Character Swap for a VS. mode

As you can see this is pretty amazing, and if you know a bit of Japanese you'll see that the dialogues match the context really well.
You also get to play with the character's fighting-style.
Is there any tutorial on how to achieve this on Demul? And the possibilities that this opens, like playing with Jianmin; Eileen; Izumi and the many more in Kowloon!
Even going further by adding a multiplayer Versus!!
Shenmue is very flexible so it'll probably just come down to "decoding" which values are necessary to tweak...
I have all the main tools needed to extract and replace HUMAN. models (for example, replacing Ryo's with the one from the Passport) but how can i insert them back in? Hex Editor?
GD-Explorer only allows for extraction...

I love the choice of lines there, right down to the "not bad" he normally says when you learn a move from him being used when he buys a drink. Some of them seem more natural than the original lines.

It's well worth watching the other mod videos on that channel by the way - really well done, this guy is like the Japanese equivalent to @LanDC :p This one in particular made me smile, they really make the most of Congo's limited dialogue:

EDIT: Haha, be sure to watch to the end of this one

Last edited:
Back