China Escalations = Halt on S4 Development?

Telekill

Sega Game Gear Enthusiast
Currently playing
Resident Evil 5 (PS4), Helldivers 2 (PS5), God of War: R (PS5)
With Ryo's journey ending with them going to the Great Wall in their pursuit of Lan Di, do we expect that current Chinese escalations and them being under the magnifying glass due to the viral outbreak and recent re-focus on the theory of the Wuhan lab leak, will have an impact on Shenmue 4 being developed?

We know that the dev team has visited China during the development of the previous games. We know countries were locked down during the pandemic but now with many countries looking at China as very possibly guilty for the release, will China remain locked down to visitors? Do we expect that maybe this is why we haven't heard anything on Shenmue 4 as of yet because international trips have been halted and thus the dev team couldn't do the research for the area they were hoping they could? I honestly don't know if China has reopened for visitors or not as of yet.

Just a thought that I'm not sure has been explored here. What are your thoughts on this?

Ok. That makes me feel better that he was able to get that done before all this crap started.

Back