CHOBU CHAN FIGHTER! -- Thank You For This Wonderful Gift, Yu!!!

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861
Just hearing the instantly recgonizable Virtua Fighter insert coin sound was heaven to this old Virtua Fighter fans heart.

I was surprised by how awesome this actually is to play. Stupidly fun and a great nod to Virtua Fighter.

I'm so glad to see the VF spirit lives on in Shenmue as a whole. From the Virtua Fighter posters to the fact that Sun is pretty much Shun Di and Wei is pretty much Pai or even the Shrine Maiden who is obviously resembling Aoi...yeah, the VF engine may be gone....but the spirit of VF lives on in Shenmue III and I love it!

SEGA, can we please get VF6 now? I'm begging you!!!

Last edited:
This is indeed great. Some of the Chobu fighters are no joke too and they all vary in fighting style which is pretty surprising to say as they all look like giant eggs. I also like how you can fill the arcades with more fighters to fight by doing the forklifting mini-game.

It's also cool how there are daily arcade prizes for beating a set 3 fighters. Cool concept.

This is indeed great. Some of the Chobu fighters are no joke too and they all vary in fighting style which is pretty surprising to say as they all look like giant eggs. I also like how you can fill the arcades with more fighters to fight by doing the forklifting mini-game.

It's also cool how there are daily arcade prizes for beating a set 3 fighters. Cool concept.

Yeah, Lau kicked my ass with his recognizable use of lightening quick combos. I had my jaw dropped when I saw him spamming those combos thinking "Wow! they went to that length to try and emulate it with as little as they had to work with"

The only way I could beat him was to jump over him and cheap a ring out when he was near the edge.

I think I spent near 40 yuan just trying to beat Lau alone. But I loved every minute of it.

But I too was surprised how much there is to this little mini game. Like it's not technical by any means, but more to it than I thought there would be. Jump kicks, strong punch, jabs, upper cuts, down attacks. I was genuinely surprised. The only thing I couldn't find was a guard button.

I wonder if they ever flirted with making a super scaler rip off? Imagine if they had made a Space Harrier or Outrun clone....that could have been awesome, and I have the faith they could have done it too :D

Last edited:
Back