Choubu-Chan Thread

I am having 128 of them so far. (not counting Old Castle)
And yes every shop, stall and shrine has them.

But are we sure this is the total number? Since I remember hearing there are 140 to collect.

I am having 128 of them so far. (not counting Old Castle)
And yes every shop, stall and shrine has them.

But are we sure this is the total number? Since I remember hearing there are 140 to collect.
I have 129 total, counting with the old castle one. How sure are we there's 140 total?

There are 130 Choubu Chan cards to collect. Ways to check which you are missing is to look at the card collections you can trade at pawnshops. The problem is that this doesn't include all of them, and there is no way to cross check what you may or may not have. You might have missed one you thought you have gotten, or just missed a stall on vendor avenue.

Other easy to miss cards and tips:

Wu Shen temple has one
Not only do the arcades have one, but all prize exchanges too
Liu He Hall has one
Save Shenmue Building has one
The outdoor fortune teller, in the back alley beside the chemist had one.
Both temples have one, with the Broom lady's temple being harder to find. You need to search the mess made by the thugs when you first get there. You will move a piece of rubble then find a piece of paper with instructions similar to the piece of paper you got at the end of Bailu Village. The left and right directions apply the same way to the turning repository in the second part of the temple where the backer rewards are on the wall. Completing this puzzle gets you that card.

I might do a video for the Dojo YT. But I have a lot of footage to filter though first.

Yep, has one, and is possibly the hardest in the game. Any of them that are in wide open spaces are a nightmare, like the Peking Duck House. Some of them I also got through luck, where I wasn't looking in that exact spot, but the camera line picked it up for me, and was zooming in before I knew what was going on.

There are 130 Choubu Chan cards to collect. Ways to check which you are missing is to look at the card collections you can trade at pawnshops. The problem is that this doesn't include all of them, and there is no way to cross check what you may or may not have. You might have missed one you thought you have gotten, or just missed a stall on vendor avenue.

Other easy to miss cards and tips:

Wu Shen temple has one
Not only do the arcades have one, but all prize exchanges too
Liu He Hall has one
Save Shenmue Building has one
The outdoor fortune teller, in the back alley beside the chemist had one.
Both temples have one, with the Broom lady's temple being harder to find. You need to search the mess made by the thugs when you first get there. You will move a piece of rubble then find a piece of paper with instructions similar to the piece of paper you got at the end of Bailu Village. The left and right directions apply the same way to the turning repository in the second part of the temple where the backer rewards are on the wall. Completing this puzzle gets you that card.

I might do a video for the Dojo YT. But I have a lot of footage to filter though first.

that temple actually has two shop cards but they are the same, I think. one you get through the puzzle and the other is on the Wall, left of the puzzle, in a plate. I did the puzzle by trial and error I didn't know there was a piece of paper so thank you.

Last edited:
What about the muren café?

Did you check here?

f303af0dbb8305fb-600x338.jfif

"It's not in the café itself, but hidden just beneath the brim of the white dummy's hat, on the top floor. Hair that isn't even there was torn out looking for this one."

Did you check here?

f303af0dbb8305fb-600x338.jfif

"It's not in the café itself, but hidden just beneath the brim of the white dummy's hat, on the top floor. Hair that isn't even there was torn out looking for this one."
There has to be one downstairs. The place is calles differently... Café moku moku
Then there has to be another one downstairs..

Last edited:
I can confirm from data mining that there's exactly 130 placed in the world. (129 in Niaowu and the last one in the Castle Area)

Unfortunately, I don't have a 1:1 true scale map of Niaowu, so I can't generate an exact map.
But here is a somewhat map:

chobuchan.png

Complete list, grouped by menu rows:
(If missing some, just look at the first and last of each row to find your shameful, shameful error)

Millions Served
Traveller’s Goods
Guan Yu Martial Arts
Kung Fu Tussle
Muren Yard
Shaolin Supply
Tomato Convenience Store
Peace of Pawn

Cash First Pawnshop
Super Tackle
Angler Extraordinary
Nihao Flowers