Cobra Kai

Anyone here watched this? If so what did you think?

It's the first series I've properly binged in years, I literally watched all 10 episodes in 1 sitting on Monday, I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a TV show this much.

I binged watched the hell out of this show! I actually watched the entire series twice, which I hardly ever do with any show.

This show is a pure nostalgia trip which has moments where it is extremely cheesy at times, but it's really enjoyable. Being a fan of the original movies, I love that they actually referenced part 2 & 3 instead of forgetting about them altogether.

Also, William Zabka is awesome in the show and I genuinely believe he should get an emmy nomination for that performance.

It exceeded my expectations. I thought it was going to be a self-parody of the Karate Kid franchise and I ended up enjoying it. I thought it had a great story and a strong cast.

Considering the series focuses on two 50-year-olds resuming their high school rivalry, the humor felt appropriate. I like how it explores things from Johnny’s point of view.

I’m hyped for season 3

This show is a pure nostalgia trip which has moments where it is extremely cheesy at times, but it's really enjoyable.
Yeah exactly, it's enjoyably cheesy, I found myself watching it with a stupid grin on my face.
Also, William Zabka is awesome in the show and I genuinely believe he should get an emmy nomination for that performance.
His stands out as the better performance but he is playing the more interesting character. At first I thought it would just be constant laughs but he kills it during the more serious scenes too, the end of episode 4 got me in the feels.
I like how it explores things from Johnny’s point of view.
I saw there's a video on YouTube from a few years ago called "The Karate Kid: Daniel is the REAL Bully" and I've never watched it but I remember a guy from work and I talking about how when you re-watch the Karate Kid as an adult you see how Daniel is a bit of a douche.

Is this on Netflix or youtube Red only? I'm not paying youtube lol

Is this on Netflix or youtube Red only? I'm not paying youtube lol
YouTube, first two episodes are available free in their entirety and there's a free trial you can use to watch the rest and cancel if you like.

dRLBTo7.png

Went looking for information on the possibility of season 2 and checked out the RT page, if you're on the fence about giving this a try just look at the reviews. I don't think I've ever seen anything "100% fresh" before.

Exceeded my expectations. There were a few things that sort of bothered me a bit, like how apparently nothing changed during all these years... :unsure: in the main characters heads. In this I expected more. Like that Daniel being a douche thing. Another thing I didn't really like was the whole special move style of dealing with things. That shouldn't exist anymore. I liked where it was going in part 3. Should've gone deeper with that. Of course, new kids so the circle starts again, but still. :hmm:

All in all, though, very well done. :cool: Can't wait for season 2.

Back