Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Me and my girlfriend have spent most of the afternoon hunting herbs in Bailu, we've scoured all of the maps twice and believe we've found everything, but haven't unlocked a trophy.

Has anyone managed to unlock this yet? I'm curious if there's a potential glitch. It would be more helpful if we had a herb counter for the location.

Also attempted to collect them all with maps and did not get the trophy.
And as of right now, it seems noone did.View attachment 5775

I'm not sure how frequently that refreshes to indicate how many people have unlocked that particular trophy, so I thought it would still be worth asking to find out if it's possible. It's frustrating that there's no counter or check marks against the map.

I feel like I've picked every damn herb in Bailu and still no trophy. I got to the point where I couldn't even find herbs to collect as the map seems to stop respawning them (I've noticed it seemingly takes like a few days for herbs to start respawning...other herbs seemingly don't respawn at all or maybe they take longer?)

There's got to be something we're missing. I know there is a quest where you have to pick Mushrooms that are supposedly only visible at night for someone...could it be that there are herbs only noticeable at night? I could see this game doing something like that.

I haven't left Bailu yet and I'm still in my first run, so I'll keep hunting. Will let you know if I find anything.

Last edited:
I did find a video that someone posted of collecting herbs, which helped a bit, but it didn't include all of them. As of now, all I encounter is licorice which respawns everywhere. I'm starting to wonder if it's bugged or has criteria that we don't know about.

I know someone who unlocked the Niaowu one. I'm going to assume that the trophy includes herbs that spawn for side quests too. There are a couple of side quests in Niaowu that ask you to find herbs and I'm pretty sure they spawn for those quests. Same for Bailu too.

I know someone who unlocked the Niaowu one. I'm going to assume that the trophy includes herbs that spawn for side quests too. There are a couple of side quests in Niaowu that ask you to find herbs and I'm pretty sure they spawn for those quests. Same for Bailu too.

That makes a lot of sense. So, once I've done the side quests in Bailu, I should effectively get the trophy. I've done the one for elder yeh, do we know of others?

That makes a lot of sense. So, once I've done the side quests in Bailu, I should effectively get the trophy. I've done the one for elder yeh, do we know of others?

I don't think it's a side quest but there's a story section where you have to pick up mushrooms. Maybe it includes all of those too?

I don't think it's a side quest but there's a story section where you have to pick up mushrooms. Maybe it includes all of those too?

I would assume it might, I just need to figure out how to trigger the quest. Did you have any information on who you need to speak to in order to do it?

I would assume it might, I just need to figure out how to trigger the quest. Did you have any information on who you need to speak to in order to do it?

Picking up the mushrooms is a side objective I believe. The dude at the spooky old temple who keeps making you chase chickens and buy him wine. At one point he tells you to pick up mushrooms that glow in the dark.

I actually believe it might be part of the side quest for the little kids at Sunflower Grove and it's called Ghost Busting. They say there is a ghost at the temple and when you go at night you see the old dude and he makes you collect glow in the dark mushrooms I believe. I think this is right from what I remember.

People have achieved it on PS4: curiously, as of now, only 0.1% in each city, but not both. My goal is to hit both in this first play through, and never do it again (I don't anticipate playing this on harder difficulties).

That said: I really dislike the map system. I know they didn't want to spoil the size of Bailu, but I wish you could combine them once every location is available. Further, I wish you they could turn with your coordinates like the maps in S2
(I never thought I'd be praising those bad boys).

If nothing else, I wish they had an X out of Y counter so you at least knew how many more you needed.

Ok so I am on my second run through (having loaded my cleared save file) and I can confirm that there is a major issue with this trophy. I thought that the herbs would reset and so waited until day 3 before touching any of them (so I could start at Shenhua's house and work my way south). Using print outs of the maps, I started with the one just above the Shenmue tree, only I couldn't find it. A sweep of the area on the north-east side revealed no herbs. At this point I assumed that they must not respawn and so I would just need to find the ones I missed first time around. However, on the west side of the house, I did find some, but had a little bit of difficulty in matching them to locations on the map. Pressing on down towards martial hall and I started to find lots of herbs that did not match up with any locations as marked on the map. So it seems that the herbs respawn in different locations on a second playthrough. However, a visit to the Tao-Get store did not allow me to pick up new maps.

At this point, I am beginning to suspect that the only sensible way to get this trophy is to start a brand new game and collect them from their initial spawn locations. Otherwise we will be hunting a large area with nothing to help us locate them. I think I am going to go and do this now and see if I can get the Bailu trophy this way. I'll report back on my progress asap. In the meantime, if anyone manages to get this trophy, please let us know what you had to do. Also, can anyone confirm that any of the herbs respawn in the same playthrough? I had a suspicion during my initial run that some did, but cannot confirm it.

Ok, Guys. So having started a brand new game, I can confirm that the herb maps are incomplete. There are 8 herbs (thus far) that I have found that are not marked on Tao-Get map 2. While most of these are quite close to others, leading me to think that the maps are there to give us a rough area as to where we should look, there is a pair (close to each other) but not overly close to one that is marked, that are not marked.

I've been marking each of these on my print out map and will report back once I have finished all 4 Bailu maps.

There are respawning herbs (Licorice & Jujube) and the other herbs that don't. The Herb maps only show the herbs that do not respawn. The respawning Herbs seem to be in different locations sometimes as well.
I assume for the trophy you only need the non-respawning ones. Otherwise, this trophy is really close to impossible, since like I mentioned, the respawning herbs are at slightly different locations sometimes. That said I spent almost an entire day searching for them again and again and still no trophy.
There are 3 quests sending you off searching herbs and mushrooms. The two mentioned above but also the quest where you need to find the mushroom at the fishing lake.

There are respawning herbs (Licorice & Jujube) and the other herbs that don't. The Herb maps only show the herbs that do not respawn. The respawning Herbs seem to be in different locations sometimes as well.
I assume for the trophy you only need the non-respawning ones. Otherwise, this trophy is really close to impossible, since like I mentioned, the respawning herbs are at slightly different locations sometimes. That said I spent almost an entire day searching for them again and again and still no trophy.
There are 3 quests sending you off searching herbs and mushrooms. The two mentioned above but also the quest where you need to find the mushroom at the fishing lake.
Do you mean the quest from the store owner for the Lingzhing (sp?) Mushroom? I found that by the fishing spot Downstream from verdant bridge. Is it possible this spawns in several locations and you need to pick each one before handing in the quest maybe? I have one last area to sweep for herbs having explored and followed the maps but from what you're saying I don't hold out much hope of getting the trophy!

When you are on New Game+ the herbs that don't regrow stay collected. The 4 maps combined show 84 spots for herbs.

That is what I found out when I got serious with them in Bailu. I went through the maps, crossing off the spots one by one.
Almost all of the spots were empty, expect for 3 or so with ginger and that green fruit thingy. Still nothing.

Pretty sure I got all the spots but not 100% certain. The map is sometimes hard to read and compare with the minimap.
There were also tons of stupid licorice plants that made it even tougher to judge if I really got the right spot.

Also not sure what it is about the side quest herbs. I picked the list for Yeh in the "wrong" order so I didn't get a chance to snatch all of the. The other quests have yet to happen in this run. But who knows if they are needed.
Also the number in the achievement menu is so much higher, that the amount on the maps. Then I don't know if you maybe need to do this in one playthrough. It has become really disheartening.

Back