Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Finally got the Niaowu trophy. The ginseng root at the end of the path behind the Tomato store was very tricky. Some people have stated that it glitches and can only be seen from certain angles (not sure if true or if we have bad eyesight). Just in case, run all the way into the “wall,” turn around, and look down and to the right a bit.

I'm looking for my last licorice and trifoliate orange in Niaowu. Anyone have any tips or unusual spots on where to find them?

I found all herbs in Bailu before leaving, some herbs are where you defeat the thug leader. Look for the last few remaining herbs after questioning him.
Unfortunately it's a different story for me in Niawou, I have access to every area, got every herb indicated on the Niawou maps, done every quest and no Trophy has popped. Even picked up herbs that are glitching in and out of visibility.
I'm at a loss.

I found all herbs in Bailu before leaving, some herbs are where you defeat the thug leader. Look for the last few remaining herbs after questioning him.
Unfortunately it's a different story for me in Niawou, I have access to every area, got every herb indicated on the Niawou maps, done every quest and no Trophy has popped. Even picked up herbs that are glitching in and out of visibility.
I'm at a loss.
Just keep going. You’ll get it eventually. Some herbs may not have appeared yet.

Struggling to find the last licorice and orange. Wonder if it's glitched for me, I'm right before storming the castle...so towards the end of the game. I have all the areas of Niaowu unlocked.

Just keep going. You’ll get it eventually. Some herbs may not have appeared yet.
I'm on the last part of the game now, repeating the day before the warning that there is no turning back once securing a boat to the castle. All the herbs should have all appeared by now. I thought the ones at the castle area don't count.

I'm on the last part of the game now, repeating the day before the warning that there is no turning back once securing a boat to the castle. All the herbs should have all appeared by now. I thought the ones at the castle area don't count.
I think the timing of their appearance is based on the in game date rather than story progression. The castle herbs definitely don’t count so I wouldn’t leave before getting the trophy if I were you. By keep going, I meant keep looking (appreciate that wasn’t very clear).

I stumbled across this. It's every single herb in Niaowu mapped out. The website is in Japanese, but nothing a little Google translate can't help. Extremely helpful, I found all the herbs with this.

I think the timing of their appearance is based on the in game date rather than story progression. The castle herbs definitely don’t count so I wouldn’t leave before getting the trophy if I were you. By keep going, I meant keep looking (appreciate that wasn’t very clear).
I've just caught 1,000 fish so only need the Niaowu herb trophy and then i'm pretty sure i'll automatically get platinum on 1st playthrough as I have everything else.

I'm up to June 1st - is this late enough to get every herb? Think I have 10 or so left to get (i've been trying to keep count)

I've just caught 1,000 fish so only need the Niaowu herb trophy and then i'm pretty sure i'll automatically get platinum on 1st playthrough as I have everything else.

I'm up to June 1st - is this late enough to get every herb? Think I have 10 or so left to get (i've been trying to keep count)
Definitely. I still have fish to catch, but I cleared up the Niaowu herbs before the end of April. Out of interest, shouldn’t you still be missing the capsule collector trophy? The key set isn’t obtainable in Bailu or Niaowu.

Definitely. I still have fish to catch, but I cleared up the Niaowu herbs before the end of April. Out of interest, shouldn’t you still be missing the capsule collector trophy? The key set isn’t obtainable in Bailu or Niaowu.
Oh yeah you're right! But i'm aware of that so will pick that up en route. I've got every other set but that and the herbs are the only missable ones left I think

I'm starting to think they spawn when other herbs are picked. I left it very late to do any herb collecting - end of May time in Niaowu. And I am finding herbs in places I definitely already checked - some in really obvious places. Makes me think they just can't all be there at once. After a few days of searching with nothing, all of a sudden I found 10.

If my count is correct, i'm 2 short although i did pick one earlier that looked glitched (it dissapeared once I zoomed in on it and was popping in and out). It's added to my total but am I right in thinking it doesn't actually count to the trophy?

Finally got all of them in Bailu... now I can get back to story lol. This was rough. Hopefully Chobu’s are a little easier to spot.

This may not have been commented on but the buggers don't regenerate in new game plus so I'm hunting around finding empty herb spots!

This may not have been commented on but the buggers don't regenerate in new game plus so I'm hunting around finding empty herb spots!
I am pretty sure that is not correct. They do, if you sold/exchanged your herbs. I know, because i made sure to collect all herbs around shenhuas house. Unfortunately I sold all herbs except few licorices and those not in a set. When i started NG+, a lot of those herbs respawned and i had to collect them again.

So, my advice if anyone is going for the herb trophy, make sure you don't sell /exchange them, or go for it in your first run.

I am pretty sure that is not correct. They do, if you sold/exchanged your herbs. I know, because i made sure to collect all herbs around shenhuas house. Unfortunately I sold all herbs except few licorices and those not in a set. When i started NG+, a lot of those herbs respawned and i had to collect them again.

So, my advice if anyone is going for the herb trophy, make sure you don't sell /exchange them, or go for it in your first run.
Ah ok makes sense. I held onto a load of them from the previous play. Thanks for the clarification

Ah ok makes sense. I held onto a load of them from the previous play. Thanks for the clarification
I doubt it has anything to do with selling them. Never sold any but they respawned on mass on NG+ in Bailu anyway.
In Niaowu there've been far less respawning herbs (in any).

If you look on page 10 on the datamined map I posted, I believe NG+ respawning herbs are the ones marked as "harvest" in the game data. I gave them a white outline on the mentioned map. (total guess, though)

Finally found them all. Thanks for the encouragement.

Finally, I found my last missing Herb in Niaowu, too.
It had been mentioned here several times that there was a hidden herb near the shrine, but I thought a different one was meant and so I completely missed it multiple times.
This last herb took me many many hours to find.

I hope I can save someone else the trouble with this one, so I recorded it:

Back