Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Finally, I found my last missing Herb in Niaowu, too.
It had been mentioned here several times that there was a hidden herb near the shrine, but I thought a different one was meant and so I completely missed it multiple times.
This last herb took me many many hours to find.

I hope I can save someone else the trouble with this one, so I recorded it:
That was my last herb as well.

Hi does anyone know in order to get the trophy do I have do not sell any of the herbs?

April 10th in Bailu, the final search has started, so far reached the Dojo, some licorice an peonias found. Keep searching tonight, this is my final task in my second favourite Shenmue location ever

to anyone having trouble in Bailu, i found my last 2 herbs on a hill behind the cows near the hermits nest. As for Niaowu, my trophy popped when i spotted a licorice with no red circle around it, and picked it up. i’m still finding some of the rarer herbs, so i think those respawn after you’ve sold them. 1 more trophy to go! good luck to everyone

to anyone having trouble in Bailu, i found my last 2 herbs on a hill behind the cows near the hermits nest. As for Niaowu, my trophy popped when i spotted a licorice with no red circle around it, and picked it up. i’m still finding some of the rarer herbs, so i think those respawn after you’ve sold them. 1 more trophy to go! good luck to everyone
I never would have found that hill without the herb map someone posted earlier. Very sneaky.

I was going to print the Bailu map today at work and I forgot. Looks like another painful hours for me tonighgt

Bailu trophy popped shortly into my first New Game Plus. I had sold all my herb sets toward the end of the previous playthrough. Found a bunch of (presumably regenerated) herbs in plain sight the second time, but the last Jujube I picked (near Grandmaster Feng) is on a map so I may have just missed it before. (D’oh!)

Advice I’d give my past self: Don’t be afraid to sell your herb sets, consult the maps others have shared, and try again on your next game when it stops being fun.

Can someone tell me if the herbs needed to complete the subquests respawn in NG+?

I'm in my first playthrough and can't complete the subquest "Troubled Drug Store" because I already picked and sold those herbs! o_O

Can someone tell me if the herbs needed to complete the subquests respawn in NG+?

I'm in my first playthrough and can't complete the subquest "Troubled Drug Store" because I already picked and sold those herbs! o_O
Sub-quest stuff is reset for new game+, yes. At least the mushrooms in Bailu did. Are the herbs you need for Troubled Drug Store standard herbs you can find anywhere, or special quest-specific herbs? (haven't done that sub-quest yet)

Sub-quest stuff is reset for new game+, yes. At least the mushrooms in Bailu did. Are the herbs you need for Troubled Drug Store standard herbs you can find anywhere, or special quest-specific herbs? (haven't done that sub-quest yet)

EDIT: Forget it. After all I still had those herbs in the inventory. Since you can only sell complete sets, I had a few left. Ryo just doesn't write it on the notebook.

Last edited:
I am reaching that stress point of not knowing where area I must recheck in Niaowu. Have you encountered any tricky easy to meet herb? I am chrcking the map just for guidance, but no spot by spot

I am reaching that stress point of not knowing where area I must recheck in Niaowu. Have you encountered any tricky easy to meet herb? I am chrcking the map just for guidance, but no spot by spot

The one @Alexey mentioned is very tricky.
My last one was this "green orange" which is on top of a rock and has no red circle:

orange.jpg

But if everything else fails, what you have to do is print the map and check every spot again. That's how I got the last ones.
It's faster than it sounds, as you don't waste time picking up the ones you already have.

The one @Alexey mentioned is very tricky.
My last one was this "green orange" which is on top of a rock and has no red circle:

View attachment 6690

But if everything else fails, what you have to do is print the map and check every spot again. That's how I got the last ones.
It's faster than it sounds, as you don't waste time picking up the ones you already have.
Yep, I am planning to print it but I need to go to the office just to print it

Back