PSN
Shrooms
XBL
Grampa Gohan
Steam
(BANGS) BASS wub wub
Dreamcast Now
Kodama
Anyone else struggle with this? I have to put my left hand on the right stick just to do it. Really wish there was an option to use the left stick...

You can just use the left trigger to zoom in and then itโ€™s not a problem.

You can just use the left trigger to zoom in and then itโ€™s not a problem.
The trigger isn't the problem. The problem is having to use the right side of the controller to both look and grab... basically meaning I have to use my left hand on the right stick... Unless someone else has a better solution?

The trigger isn't the problem. The problem is having to use the right side of the controller to both look and grab... basically meaning I have to use my left hand on the right stick... Unless someone else has a better solution?
Re-read what I wrote.

Re-read what I wrote.
I must be misunderstanding something. To follow the leaf as it falls, you need to use the right analogue stick. To catch a leaf, you must press the X or A button depending on controller. You can't look with the right analogue stick and press a face button at the same time, unless you put your left hand on the right stick. What trigger you use to zoom is irrelevant to the problem...

I must be misunderstanding something. To follow the leaf as it falls, you need to use the right analogue stick. To catch a leaf, you must press the X or A button depending on controller. You can't look with the right analogue stick and press a face button at the same time, unless you put your left hand on the right stick. What trigger you use to zoom is irrelevant to the problem...

When you zoom in it locks on so you can let go of the analogue stick.

The camera locks on to a leaf once you zoom into it right? Although it's understandable that you'd want to keep your finger on the stick; that definitely feels more natural. Would be nice for them to map the camera to both sticks during that segment.

When you zoom in it locks on so you can let go of the analogue stick.
The camera locks on to a leaf once you zoom into it right? Although it's understandable that you'd want to keep your finger on the stick; that definitely feels more natural. Would be nice for them to map the camera to both sticks during that segment.
The camera locks onto the leaf? WTF, I never knew this! I thought the challenge was having to follow it yourself, I've never seen the camera snap onto a leaf...

Anyways it's all good as I figured out the preferred method. Yes I have to use the right stick, but pressing the right trigger catches the leaf. This completely alleviates the problem of the face buttons. I wonder if that's a new addition of it was there originally...

Yeah the control method for this is pretty awful, it's already been added to the bug list here - https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...ad-shenmue-dojo-part-1.340/page-35#post-13815
It seems the above method solves the issue...

I wonder if that's a new addition of it was there originally...
It's always been there I believe. Don't think I've ever done that segment without locking on.

It's always been there I believe. Don't think I've ever done that segment without locking on.
Unreal lol that's so strange... I've always zoomed in and followed it, I didn't know it could lock on...

"The camera locks onto the leaf? WTF, I never knew this! I thought the challenge was having to follow it yourself, I've never seen the camera snap onto a leaf... "

Besides locking on to the leaves, when you're about to pick them when zooming and targeting, the game will make a specific sound, like when you just added an item to the inventory... that's the best moment to press the button and grab the leaf.

"The camera locks onto the leaf? WTF, I never knew this! I thought the challenge was having to follow it yourself, I've never seen the camera snap onto a leaf... "

Besides locking on to the leaves, when you're about to pick them when zooming and targeting, the game will make a specific sound, like when you just added an item to the inventory... that's the best moment to press the button and grab the leaf.
Yes and they get a motion blur effect...

The camera locks onto the leaf? WTF, I never knew this! I thought the challenge was having to follow it yourself, I've never seen the camera snap onto a leaf...

Anyways it's all good as I figured out the preferred method. Yes I have to use the right stick, but pressing the right trigger catches the leaf. This completely alleviates the problem of the face buttons. I wonder if that's a new addition of it was there originally...

It seems the above method solves the issue...

Using the trigger is what I was trying to say in my first post.

Nevertheless, I find it would make sense to map the left stick to follow a leaf.
When you miss the catch, Ryo says something like "I should focus only on one leaf".
The advice encourages you to look around for the "good" leaf.

Back