Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since hard lockdown has been partially lifted here in Spain a lot of stupid people think that we are over it. Also the fucking oposition here is trying to revert the Alarm State, they are against a rational step by step revert situation and they want everything open by tomorrow. I am developing a fucking anxiaty problem and I don't want to leave my house, even going to buy stuff is stresing me a lot.

Over here they're announcing on Sunday the step-by-step way out of lockdown. That says to me they will extend things until the end of May here and then start lifting from May 31st/1st June.

Just came back from the park with my son and it there were a few people but less than 30 individuals I saw during my hour or so there. Also went to the supermarket this morning. Queue was no where near as long as it was previously and when I came out there was no queue at all.

There are definitely two camps of people: those who are still quite conscious of things, wearing mask, gloves, following the one way system and keeping their distance. And the other camp who look like they've had enough or simply taking a different approach, not wearing gloves, mask, little regard for the one way system or keeping social distances, especially when someone is taking an age picking a damn banana.
The more I've been out the more people I feel are falling into the latter category.

I am still on the look out for jobs. Stopped looking for the retail/lower paid roles as I rather collect the benefit money and use this time to sort myself out physically. In addition to that, I keep seeing on LinkedIn that people are hiring remotely so hoping I'll get something by the end of the month. Otherwise, will have to apply for a mortgage holiday.

Turns out my sister who I helped move within the past week tested positive for it, and since then I’ve been pretty sick as well as my brother in law. Since I’m not working it’s probably not so crucial I get tested but then again who knows whether my health will get bad enough to warrant going to a hospital.

Since hard lockdown has been partially lifted here in Spain a lot of stupid people think that we are over it. Also the fucking oposition here is trying to revert the Alarm State, they are against a rational step by step revert situation and they want everything open by tomorrow. I am developing a fucking anxiaty problem and I don't want to leave my house, even going to buy stuff is stresing me a lot.
How strict is the lockdown in Spain? Do you have police patrolling the streets? Here, I've you hear stories of being getting fined or moved along, especially the more famous parks but for the most part it seems people are staying in mainly because there is nothing to do outside. I'm other words, the lockdown is not very enforced, in my area and where my other family members live anyway.

How strict is the lockdown in Spain? Do you have police patrolling the streets? Here, I've you hear stories of being getting fined or moved along, especially the more famous parks but for the most part it seems people are staying in mainly because there is nothing to do outside. I'm other words, the lockdown is not very enforced, in my area and where my other family members live anyway.
Until one week ago it was super strict, you can only left to do groceries, some people to work (if WFH was not a possibility), but since last weekend people can go to do outdoor sports or walk keeping distance but you still can not visit relatives etc. During the first weeks yes, police was patroling and fining people, but now everything is more relaxed and looks like some people does not understand that less infections and deads per day does not means that the virus has gone.

Spain was very strict compared to the UK. I think being able to go outside for exercise is a fundamental human right that should not be forbidden in any lockdown measures. i.e. I think the UK is right with the way it implemented its lockdown (although I do think there should have been controls on our borders implemented or quarantine centres for those arriving in the country), as it all has to be done with the public's consent.

There's a lot of curtain twitching behaviour and people blaming others, but I doubt there's much evidence of people being too blase or spending too much time in parks having much impact on number of new infections or deaths. Currently the infection rate is hovering between 0.6 and 1 R.

Still haven't got my TV back. Living room wall looking awfully sad at the moment. John Lewis are not returning my messages and the repair company that took it have gone completely dark despite other companies opening their doors.

Feeling significantly worse, probably due to a fever that won’t go below 103. My sister’s boyfriend has tried to get tested so he can know whether to go to work, same with my dad, and both have been denied multiple times despite showing symptoms - so much for trump claiming it should be very easy.

Spanish Parlament will extend the Alarm State until May 24th at least, it will be a Phase process to open gradually the different provinces depending on the status of each one. Sadly today we have go again over 200 deads after several days below. Most of the country is in Phase 0 now, except some island that are in Phase 1, depending on UCI capacity and detected cases other provinces could go on until reaching Phase 3 that is almost open normality, but for example Madrid will not reach Phase 1 for now in at least 2-4 weeks

Bit of 'insider' info for those in the UK regarding the "big" announcement coming on Sunday. Local Authorities have been told to drop the "Stay Home" branding in their comms as of now. Make of that what you will...

A selfish part of me wants the whole thing over by May 29th (my birthday), but even if it was, it's not as if I can go out and do anything. I was supposed to see Kraftwerk (RIP Florian Schnider :crying:) and Iggy Pop that day which would've made a cracking 35th birthday gift. Alarmingly, the Guns N Roses gig planned for the next day is still officially going ahead which is bonkers. There's no way in hell a 70,000 seat arena will be allowed to go ahead in this current climate.

It's a little scary, but i'm getting used to the situation at the moment. I try to make the day more interesting by doing 11 push ups or sit ups for every album I listen to during the working day. Seeing as today was mostly 20 minute Elvis albums (his crap film soundtrack era), i've hit triple figures!

I'm sorry to hear fellow forumers struggling with all of this :(

I mean it's all optics at the moment. Realistically, little can or will change for at least a year, if not longer. Social distancing is here to stay for the foreseeable future. Concerts, festivals, large gatherings and celebrations aren't happening. Regardless of what is change or lifted, there will still be little reason to leave the home and it will still be wise not to other than for exercise or getting food. It would be nice if people are allowed to see family at least. But yeah, times will be tough for a while.

When the government lifts the restrictions, I see most people returning to normal pretty much straight away. It will mostly be large businesses that keep things from fully returning to normal by introducing social distancing in the stores etc. I think most people, from where I am anyway, recognise that though this is a new strain, you could probably do something similar with HIV and the normal flu. Hell, you can ban cars and that's your solution to vehicle deaths. In others words, it's simply not worth it if it continues too much longer.

In others news, John Lewis have offered me a TV swap as my current TV is uneconomical to be fixed. They have offered a LG 55SM8050PLC but I can't find anything online about it. They have also offered £600 towards the value of a new TV of my choice. Anyone know much about televisions?

I got a 55" RCA last year on sale here for $413.00, after tax (approximately 239.76 in pounds) and it has been superb.

It is a simple Smart TV, HD, but it is great and more than I need.

LGs are good but for that price, I'd say Samsungs are a good bet.

Not at all trying to tell you how to spend your funds btw, but don't forget about your financial situation! ;)

I got a 55" RCA last year on sale here for $413.00, after tax (approximately 239.76 in pounds) and it has been superb.

It is a simple Smart TV, HD, but it is great and more than I need.

LGs are good but for that price, I'd say Samsungs are a good bet.

Not at all trying to tell you how to spend your funds btw, but don't forget about your financial situation! ;)
LOL. I'm done with Samsung products. Literally every single one that I've owned has broken, including the TV I'm replacing. I'm really tempted to get the OLED. I'm going to leave it as long as I can. Hopefully someone gets back to me soon with a job offer!

Against all the odds Argentina is doing a great job with only 5000 cases and 273 deaths (peace be with them)

We are actually quite shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back