Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fairly confident it was either my brother in law who was working as a grocery manager or my sister who is an LNA working with elderly who are confirmed covid cases.

Reactions: red
I lost it for a brief moment today. One of the things that pisses me off about people during this whole thing is the hypocrisy and general stupidity. In the shop today and walking down the isle. Long before I reach the guy he's pressed up against the shelves like he's Solid Snake so I take that as my que to walk past him.

He then says "did you hear that?", regarding the announcement about social distancing. I respond yes and he rudely says that I'm not sticking to it. Kept my calm and simply walked away.

I'm at the tills and this guy is queued up right next to others ignoring the rules. He then comes up right next to me and says "I don't mean to be funny mate but 50,000 people have di....".

Cut him off right there and gave him the f-bombs he deserves. Literally came to my face to say how we all need to social distance. Too many people have turned crusaders to get some empty props from others.

I lost it for a brief moment today. One of the things that pisses me off about people during this whole thing is the hypocrisy and general stupidity. In the shop today and walking down the isle. Long before I reach the guy he's pressed up against the shelves like he's Solid Snake so I take that as my que to walk past him.

He then says "did you hear that?", regarding the announcement about social distancing. I respond yes and he rudely says that I'm not sticking to it. Kept my calm and simply walked away.

I'm at the tills and this guy is queued up right next to others ignoring the rules. He then comes up right next to me and says "I don't mean to be funny mate but 50,000 people have di....".

Cut him off right there and gave him the f-bombs he deserves. Literally came to my face to say how we all need to social distance. Too many people have turned crusaders to get some empty props from others.

(I hope you get the reference...)

sd.png

No, explain it to me please :D
It is essentially the story you told in your previous post done in the style of this meme:

16cf4d345927488fc92111.75423031_edit_img_facebook_post_image_file_17921777_1495740888.jpg

And just as I write that yesterday, the US has 2% higher death rate from the virus than the rest of the world :(

Regardless though, the point stands; I have a Chinese (Singaporean, but Chinese background) co-worker that has already put her tinfoil hat on and is telling everyone that the reports of the US Government creating this virus in China and releasing it, is 100% true.
I would not know if she were right or wrong that virus was around between September-October last year no one knew what it was and it seemed to randomly mutate and rear it’s ugly head!

then there were articles and stuff regarding some teacher alumni from Harvard being arrested to funneling or lying about funds to build a lab where? WuHan China supposedly at the Wuhan university! His Asian assistants/students were caught at Logan Airporttrying to smuggle out biological sensitive materials and were also arrested.

So most of the borders in Europe have been re-opened since a week or two ago but I wonder how long it stays that way, since it seems the "second wave" is now starting.

Also I was going to go see a couple of concerts this summer but they have all been canceled, of course. I expect all kinds of "mass events" to remain banned at least until the end of the year.

We are going to reopen bars, salons, hotels etc. with the 2m rule being reduce to 1m (when 2m is not possible), face mask and perspex screening being mandatory. I can see why you would put these measures in but in my opinion you either need to remain in lockdown or just let things be normal.

So many pictures yesterday of crowded beaches and people obviously giving up on social distancing in parks. If there's going to be a second wave, there's going to be a second wave. We've been instructed to face separate directions in pubs but no news on air conditioning which is far more likely to cary the virus.

This is unlikely to go away and lockdown and social distancing can't been in place forever.

/\ since the lifting of the lockdown restrictions, i cant say i enjoy shopping or walking around town.

before.. yes there was lines but things were pretty lacks (main goal was to avoid sick/coughing people), now there are new signs all up and down my town centre telling you which side of the street to walk - shops are forcing you to walk one way around the store (screwed if someone in front of you is coughing) etc.. i even had a older shop worker in waterstones (book shop) yell at me twice :tearsofjoy: , once to hand jel my hands before entering the shop and the second time, on my way out... i was halfway out of the exit (door was wide open/ no one around) and she yelled at me from across the store to use the other exit, which was 2 feet away lol

i would rather have a law where by if your caught sick/coughing in a shop, stores deny you service and ask you to leave ( my paranoia level regarding this virus is quite low now but i avoid coughing people like the plague)

Last edited:
/\ since the lifting of the lockdown restrictions, i cant say i enjoy shopping or walking around town.

before.. yes there was lines but things were pretty lacks (main goal was to avoid sick/coughing people), now there are new signs all up and down my town centre telling you which side of the street to walk - shops are forcing you to walk one way around the store (screwed if someone in front of you is coughing) etc.. i even had a older shop worker in waterstones (book shop) yell at me twice :tearsofjoy: , once to hand jel my hands before entering waterstones (book shop) and second on my way out... i was halfway out of the exit (door was wide open/ no one around) and she yelled at me from across the store to use the other exit, which was 2 feet away lol

i would rather have a law where by if your caught sick/coughing in a shop, stores deny you service and ask you to leave ( my paranoia level regarding this virus is quite low now but i avoid coughing people like the plague)
This is why I am very unlikely to casually go out until things are over. It's annoying enough going to Tesco and thinking you're breaking the law by going back down the isle to grab something. Had someone the other day hilariously try to stop me with his foot, holding his leg out yelling "stop" then ridiculously hopping backwards on one leg when he realised I wasn't going to. The look on his face when I pointed out he was going the wrong way was priceless.

A few weeks ago I went to the local dump. Got there before it even opened and the queue was almost an hour long, all because of this social distancing. I'll happily wait this out at home.

All these measures have been in place where I work since the end of March/start of April. They've added more and more in incremental stages, changing things every few days. Also, a lot of people work there. On the whole we maintain social distancing, but between mates it's usually between 0.25-1m (managers, security, HR, and designated employees basically tell you to stay 2m apart if they notice you're not doing)

I haven't heard of a single one of us catching it badly. Though it's a small sample, I reckon it's a decent enough example that what's being proposed for bars, and sticking to what's been implemented in shops, can work. It won't eliminate spread of the disease, but it will slow it, and decrease the likeliness of you catching it.

apparently the post office goes back to normal hours next week. can't wait, they currently close at 3pm, lines are crazy snaking down the street and people are all annoyed and pissed off .. i got told off today for "line jumping" for simply popping my head in the store to see if the self service machine was being used (quite often they are empty and no one uses them).. felt like telling him to f-off but the guy was taller than me lol

+ making us line up in the high street sucks because your more likely to get coughed on by a passer by as there is tones of drunks/old people constantly coughing in my town.. imo a lot of these quarantine rules instores are stupid and ill thought out. last week, on entering another store i was forced to use a cheap and nasty alcohol hand gel which stunk..god knows what it was..not doing that again (next time, i'll offer to use my own)

apparently the post office goes back to normal hours next week. can't wait, they currently close at 3pm, lines are crazy snaking down the street and people are all annoyed and pissed off .. i got told off today for "line jumping" for simply popping my head in the store to see if the self service machine was being used (quite often they are empty and no one uses them).. felt like telling him to f-off but the guy was taller than me lol

+ making us line up in the high street sucks because your more likely to get coughed on by a passer by as there is tones of drunks/old people constantly coughing in my town.. imo a lot of these quarantine rules instores are stupid and ill thought out. last week, on entering another store i was forced to use a cheap and nasty alcohol hand gel which stunk..god knows what it was..not doing that again (next time, i'll offer to use my own)
Where abouts are you again Red? Personally, I'm not shopping until things go back to normal. The queuing is no where near as bad as it was a few weeks ago at Tesco but the hole one way system and avoiding people like the plague annoys me.

My friends invited me out to go visit an Indian restaurant we use to frequently go to but I declined. I'm going to be travelling to see my parents but that's only because my dad has seen my daughter yet and she was born in December!

I dont get why my fellow countrymen/women think wearing a mask is an infringement on their freedom?
Its become a battle cry for some, which I just dont understand at all.

I hope everyone is doing well, ok, great, or hanging in there.
Lots of Love to you all.

Job situation is getting quite desperate. Unemployed since the end of March and have gone through all of my savings. Next is my wife's savings and then my sons if I don't find a job.

A couple months ago I had a very good interview that went to the final stage. £20,000 less a year than what I've previously been on but I was looking for something long term and minimal pressure until I could get my mind and body right. Out of no where the recruiter messages me saying they've postponed the interview and I haven't heard anything since. I have a sneaky suspicion he had something to do with it.

Couple weeks ago I had two interviews. One went well with glowing feedback from the recruiter who said they would have hired me on the spot if the director also could make the call. So we arrange a second interview/general chat with director this time. My headphones didn't work, he had a thick Italian accent and sounded very echoey over the phone. Not the best as half the time I was asking him to repeat himself. Got the message yesterday that I didn't get the job.

Second opportunity was the most bizarre. "Final" stage interview goes well. I then get a call from the internal recruiter saying it was between me and another person and the interview didn't go well for that person at all. In fact, it went so bad that they want to interview other people so they have a better comparison against me.... So, I get to a final stage interview, do better than the other person but they want to interview more people? I would have felt less insulted if they simply told me no.

Was promised feedback this week but today has ended with nothing. I've applied for hundreds of jobs and it's getting to a point where I'm thinking what's the point of applying most of the time.

Best days are the beginning of the month because I know I have 25 days until the mortgage and bill payments are due. However, because I don't want this day to come, the weeks are just flying by.

It would be interesting to get other peoples thoughts as I am so confused about this virus and the point of lockdown. In the UK anyway, the initial message was that we need to go into lockdown to slow the spread of the virus to ensure the NHS is not overwhelmed. Lockdown wasn't to stop the virus as there was little to nothing we could do stop it without a vaccine or herd immunity. We built two large temporary hospitals in anticipation and both remained practically empty and hospitals in general were half-empty as treatments stopped and people stopped going in for minor things.

The government has relaxed measures and even encouraged people who can work from home to go back into the office. We had a "eat out" scheme to encourage people to go back to restaurants. The infection number then climbs and we are then being threatened by another lockdown or further restrictions like curfews....

I also find it interesting that the "Breaking News" is focused on this R Number that many can't make sense of or the amount of infections to sound dramatic but not the number of deaths. Not a popular opinion but I think there are many things about this virus that have been grossly exaggerated, mismanaged and miscalculated.

It would be interesting to get other peoples thoughts as I am so confused about this virus and the point of lockdown. In the UK anyway, the initial message was that we need to go into lockdown to slow the spread of the virus to ensure the NHS is not overwhelmed. Lockdown wasn't to stop the virus as there was little to nothing we could do stop it without a vaccine or herd immunity. We built two large temporary hospitals in anticipation and both remained practically empty and hospitals in general were half-empty as treatments stopped and people stopped going in for minor things.

The government has relaxed measures and even encouraged people who can work from home to go back into the office. We had a "eat out" scheme to encourage people to go back to restaurants. The infection number then climbs and we are then being threatened by another lockdown or further restrictions like curfews....

I also find it interesting that the "Breaking News" is focused on this R Number that many can't make sense of or the amount of infections to sound dramatic but not the number of deaths. Not a popular opinion but I think there are many things about this virus that have been grossly exaggerated, mismanaged and miscalculated.
Like most countries, the government seem to have made the decision that keeping the economy afloat is more important than keeping people alive.

In their defense though, the idiocy demonstrated by large portions of the population has dramatically weakened the effectiveness of lockdowns to the point where I’m not really sure it’s worth the hassle.

The only things that really bothers me is that more isn’t being done to encourage companies to (continue to) allow employees to work from home (when / where possible) and that schools have been reopened.

There will always be idiots that refuse to follow simple rules and they’ll have nobody to complain to if/when they get sick (unfortunately the same can’t be sad for anybody infected as a result of their carelessness). That people are effectively being forced to unnecessarily put their lives and the lives of their love ones at risk seems like a bit of a dick move on the governments part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back