Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they're certainly not comfortable, but they're one of the easiest ways to help prevent high viral loads in confined spaces full of people. The fact they're not mandatory on public transport right now is completely baffling, as the effectiveness is directly related to as many people as possible per journey opting-in, so that if someone is asymptomatically carrying COVID it is contained more effectively than it would be without a mask. Same goes for flu or even the common cold.

Here in Ontario, all buses and other public transport, demand it. Weird that the Brits aren't mandating it.

I've always looked at it like China/Japan; when they are sick, they wear masks, period. If they do it and are able to curb things somewhat, it obviously works.

Here in Ontario, all buses and other public transport, demand it. Weird that the Brits aren't mandating it.

I've always looked at it like China/Japan; when they are sick, they wear masks, period. If they do it and are able to curb things somewhat, it obviously works.
Not all Brits. It's still mandatory in Scotland. One of the trains I get is Scottish owned, so the rules apply there too. Also, businesses are free to make their own decisions on it. I have to wear one at work.

Side-note: This is one of the reasons a lot of us don't like bein lumped in together as "Brits". Technically the United Kingdom is a single country, but few of us see it that way.

A county made up of 4 different countries. In London, it's mandatory to wear a mask on public transport but it's not enforced and half, if not more, people on the train don't wear them.

Yeah, still mandatory here in Scotland and thankfully a large majority of people I see are still abiding by it.

Understood and yes, I always have to remind people that their are 4 countried in the UK, not 1; guess I need to take my own advice :$

The fact that the world had to get turned upside down for a virus that 99.8% of people survive is still amazing to me.

My whole family got Covid in early 2020 and got over it with no problems.

The fact that the world had to get turned upside down for a virus that 99.8% of people survive is still amazing to me.

My whole family got Covid in early 2020 and got over it with no problems.

95% hospitalized in US are unvaccinated [EDIT worded more accurate]

Cool you were lucky to have gotten a mild enough case, but please refrain from misinformation

I'm sorry? What's nonsense?
The blatant spread misinformation and downplaying of what is by all means a global crisis.The severity of COVID19 is massive. That's a fact backed by genuine research and evidence. It's not open for debate.

We've already made it clear in the past that the Dojo will not tolerate the spread of conspiracy theories and misinformation. And if you continue to pedal it then as far as we're concerned, you're violating that policy and action will be taken.

The blatant spread misinformation and downplaying of what is by all means a global crisis.The severity of COVID19 is massive. That's a fact backed by genuine research and evidence. It's not open for debate.

We've already made it clear in the past that the Dojo will not tolerate the spread of conspiracy theories and misinformation. And if you continue to pedal it then as far as we're concerned, you're violating that policy and action will be taken.
Quoting statistics from the CDC in 2020 is misinformation and "conspiracy theories"? Cool story, bro.

Quoting statistics from the CDC in 2020 is misinformation and "conspiracy theories"? Cool story, bro.
Downplaying the severity of COVID19 absolutely is.

Take a week to consider if this is the hill you want to die on because the next one's permanent.

Edit: extended a week for attempted ban evasion

Last edited:
Ooh, not a fan of banning people for being part of a discussion. Covid is serious but it is also true it does have a 98% survival rate. Instead of banning, would have been more productive to point out how it devastates older/more vulnerable demographics and the survival rate among those groups are far lower than 98%. Furthermore, 98% of sounds high as a percentage when you look at the actual volumes of people dying it isn't a small number at all.

Also, there could be a discussion around how everything has been handled. Speaking from a London perspective, plenty of vulnerable people working in public transport passed away because they were seen as key workers. You also could make the argument it would have made better sense to spend money locking down the people who are more vulnerable instead of everyone.

Not my personal opinion per se, but hate this culture to snap-back and cancel as soon as some is deemed to have challenged the status-quo.

Ooh, not a fan of banning people for being part of a discussion
It's not a discussion we're prepared to host here. We made that clear to him before we took any action against the account.

I understand that this isn't a stance that everyone will agree with, but it's the stance we're taking.

Oregon Pacifist has privately requested that his account be permanently banned. It's a shame that this is what it came to, but it is what it is.

We're now considering the matter closed.

Not my personal opinion per se, but hate this culture to snap-back and cancel as soon as some is deemed to have challenged the status-quo.

Coming into a thread to spout some inaccurate numbers and then cite obsolete CDC data from 2020 before we had better understanding or any vaccines... looks like classic pot stirring. No room here, go elsewhere with Trump/UKIP conspiracy theory horse shit

If you'd like the discuss the obvious bureaucratic fails, sure, then frame the context, don't just casually post false information in a single sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back