Could this be another hint that Shenmue 4 is happening !?

Sergeynest

Keep your Mind as clear as a Polished Mirror.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Plague of Tale Requiem
I was researching the net on Shenmue 4 and decided to visit Ysnet's official website and it seems that they are currently hiring staff with experience in different fields of video game development.
Could this mean that they are increasing the team at Ysnet for the possible development of Shenmue 4 or is this still from Shenmue 3's development phase and they haven't updated the site.
Someone with game development knowledge could try and contact them and see if they are really currently hiring staff, that would be a possible indicator that Shenmue 4 is indeed happening.
What do you guys think !?
Here is the link to their website so you can check it out.
Screenshot_20200507-125418_Chrome.jpg

Someone more in the know than me might be able to clarify but I can't remember if those job listings were the same ones that popped up after Shenmue III got announced/the 2017 publishing deal was signed.

@Peter am I right in thinking YSNET haven't updated this in a while but still accept CV's?

The site has had that post up since 2015 when the Kickstarter ended.

YSNET is currently not hiring as far as I know.
Thank you for clearing that out.
It just seems to me a bit odd for them to still maintain the message that they are currently recruting staff.
Maybe they are still in need of people with experience in some of those áreas.

I do confirm the 2015 June/July dating, although the "Cutscene artist" and below jobs appeared some time after.

The site has had that post up since 2015 when the Kickstarter ended.

YSNET is currently not hiring as far as I know.
C0XY3vIXAAAj6Lp.jpg

Why didn't they take those ads down? Doesn't seem to professional if you were an outsider who is interested in applying for a job with YS Net or a publisher interested in doing business with YS Net if you find job ads from 2015 on their website. :oops:
Name me one person you know in your entire life who is logging on there to ask for a job. Also, do you even know Japanese culture?

Anyways, sorry for being blunt, but in regards to the topic at hand, I'd prefer to be open and honest (as best i can) so heres the bulletpoints:

1. i know someone who is more than capable at working at YSNET. I mean this guy works miracles in a way, and i couldnt be more passionate and vocal about getting him in there with Yu Suzuki to see what could happen! I've been working on helping him get the ball rolling in regards to working there, but its not straightforwards. We will see how it goes.

2. As of last week (and understandably so) i know YSNET are not hiring. Due to the current global pandemic, that's more or less a complete given.

Name me one person you know in your entire life who is logging on there to ask for a job. Also, do you even know Japanese culture?

Anyways, sorry for being blunt, but in regards to the topic at hand, I'd prefer to be open and honest (as best i can) so heres the bulletpoints:

1. i know someone who is more than capable at working at YSNET. I mean this guy works miracles in a way, and i couldnt be more passionate and vocal about getting him in there with Yu Suzuki to see what could happen! I've been working on helping him get the ball rolling in regards to working there, but its not straightforwards. We will see how it goes.

2. As of last week (and understandably so) i know YSNET are not hiring. Due to the current global pandemic, that's more or less a complete given.

That’s awesome let’s hope if Ysnet begin production of Shenmue 4 or if they manage to get some contract work the person you know can help and assist Yu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well, I guess some people did apply for a job there in 2015. Also my point was different. It's not about people applying through that website, it's about leaving an old job ad there for 5 years. Forget about it.

On the other hand, if it's really just the pandemic hindering YS Net as you say, I hope they can work out a solution for people to work remotely. Should be feasible in software development.

I’ve been keeping my eyes on Japanese jobs sites since around March and have yet to come across any postings for Ys Net. I also keep an eye on the Ys Net page and indeed that job language has been there for years now. The Ys Net site hasn’t even been updated in nearly 3 years, so I wouldn’t read into the site’s job posting any more than you need to.

It’s possible they recruit internally or are hiring contractors from other companies (they are, like most studios), so that’s another reason we haven’t seen anything.

I was researching the net on Shenmue 4 and decided to visit Ysnet's official website and it seems that they are currently hiring staff with experience in different fields of video game development.
Could this mean that they are increasing the team at Ysnet for the possible development of Shenmue 4 or is this still from Shenmue 3's development phase and they haven't updated the site.
Someone with game development knowledge could try and contact them and see if they are really currently hiring staff, that would be a possible indicator that Shenmue 4 is indeed happening.
What do you guys think !?
Here is the link to their website so you can check it out.
View attachment 7822
i didn't know that they are hiring, im a game dev but i don't speak japanese at all, hell i don't even speak english very well as you can see but if it's true then i will probably learn japanese and hope that someday i will work on shenmue 4 but thats just a dream as of yet

A lot of Japanese companies will leave job ads up even when they’re not hiring. I asked my wife why they did this and her response was that her company does it for two reasons.

The first is to collect CVs for when they are ready to hire and the second is to avoid missing out on high quality candidates. They don’t do it often, but apparently they’ve hired people in the past even when they weren’t actively recruiting because the applicants were too good to be allowed to go to one of their competitors.

Interesting approach. A lot of candidates in the West would probably revoke storing their CV in company databases for privacy reasons, when there are no jobs which justify storing that CV. Also from the company's perspective, how useful is a CV which was uploaded years ago when you are hiring? That depends. Different cultures, I guess.

As for the second point though, YS Net definitely doesn't strike me as a company who'd have the budget to hire people simply based on the fact that they are "too good to let them join the competition" :D

As for the second point though, YS Net definitely doesn't strike me as a company who'd have the budget to hire people simply based on the fact that they are "too good to let them join the competition" :D
Didn’t Yu hire some random programmer that he met while taking his team out for dinner one time during Shenmue 3’s development?

You mean Nocon Kid, the "Shenmue in Unreal Engine" guy from YouTube? Well, that was in 2015 when Yu was just getting started with S3.

Back