Data Discs Working on Shenmue II LP!

I did see a staff member on twitter suggest a record for each disc of the game, which is a nice idea. The Shenmue II soundtrack is so vast, there's no way it would all fit on there. Their release of Okami was a multi disc behemoth, so feel no reason why Shenmue II wouldn't be the same. A selfish part of me wants a CD release to have all the tracks in much the same way Wayo Records did with the recent Skies of Arcadia release.

As for me, as long as 'Idle Seasons' and 'Queen's Street (Day)' are on there, anything else is a bonus!

My four most wanted tracks:

Arm Wrestling
Wild Throw
Stand Quarter (Day)
Guilin Introduction

Iā€™m going to guess this will have the same tracks as Disc 2 of the OST disc bundled with the S1&2 limited edition in Japan, to be honest...but will still be cool šŸ˜Ž

Iā€™m going to guess this will have the same tracks as Disc 2 of the OST disc bundled with the S1&2 limited edition in Japan, to be honest...but will still be cool šŸ˜Ž

I hope it will be a brand new album with tracks not included in the previous one.
Also the S1&2 Limited Edition OST is now available also on Spotify etc., it would be useless to publish again the same album.

I hope it will be a brand new album with tracks not included in the previous one.
Also the S1&2 Limited Edition OST is now available also on Spotify etc., it would be useless to publish again the same album.
Eh, I dunno, Iā€™m just being realistic/cynical šŸ˜› it just seems the more likely scenario rather than a new soundtrack being assembled. Iā€™d like to be wrong though!

All we've wanted is Pop Ice Cream; no need for a whole collection, TBH.

Really, though, depending on the number of vinyl, I'd think the wise move may be to have a balance of all four locations. Two aspects of personal preference if there's a decent amount of space:

a. Maybe some tracks off the beaten path (shops, fighting areas, and so on)
b. I hope we can hear some more of those S3 style higher-fidelity versions of the songs (like the ones featured on the recent 1/2 Collection). So too, I noticed S3 featured little Kowloon music; it'd be cool to hear those versions.

Oh this is fantastic!! Really made my day!

Is it greedy of me to want a 4-LP set representing each disc :p A stand alone Guilin disc would be bliss!

It's so nice to finally see Shenmue II's OST get the love it deserves - Eyes like a hawk on this!

The fact they've announced this way in advance without a release date suggests to me that this will be something special. Most of the time, they do a surprise announcement (such as the recent Alien Storm and Alien Soldier ones last week).

I think it would be a missed opportunity if it was just the same tracks on the SII OST released on Spotify recently.

I'm mega chuffed this exists and I love vinyl, but the sheer size of music will lead me to think that many tracks will be missing.

Back