Data Discs Working on Shenmue II LP!

I hope it's not just the Shenmue 1 and 2 collection soundtrack they bundled with the Japanese release...I mean it was great to have that stuff released and I wouldn't mind that on Vinyl...but if there is no Waves of Morning Haze on this release then I'll be quite sad, it's one of my favorite moments in Shenmue II and I would kill for that piece to be released on vinyl...just give me that one track and I'll be a happy man!

That was the one thing I missed on the first vinyl, I wanted more of the orchestra tracks. The orchestra tracks are beautiful and deserve the vinyl treatment. So give me a mix of orchestra tracks and the mini soundtrack they released with the Japanese 1 and 2 collection and I'll be very happy.

My one request for this vinyl release! Make it happen Data Discs!

I hope it's not just the Shenmue 1 and 2 collection soundtrack they bundled with the Japanese release...I mean it was great to have that stuff released and I wouldn't mind that on Vinyl...but if there is no Waves of Morning Haze on this release then I'll be quite sad, it's one of my favorite moments in Shenmue II and I would kill for that piece to be released on vinyl...just give me that one track and I'll be a happy man!

That was the one thing I missed on the first vinyl, I wanted more of the orchestra tracks. The orchestra tracks are beautiful and deserve the vinyl treatment. So give me a mix of orchestra tracks and the mini soundtrack they released with the Japanese 1 and 2 collection and I'll be very happy.

My one request for this vinyl release! Make it happen Data Discs!

I agree with you 100% The Orchestra Version features some of the best orchestral music i've ever heard. Sadly I can't see Data Discs doing it as they tend to focus purely on game OST's & not other various recordings like this. If they did however I'd be 1st in line!

Waves of Morning Haze being a prime of excellence, mind you I never understood why they used it for the back-end of Beverly Hills Wharf :p The theme is far larger than that. I mean I hear it I envision it suited for the reveal of a MASSIVE revelation - like Ryo leanring the truth between Iwao & Sunming Zhao, it's really THAT epic!

Last edited:
Yeah it's really epic!
Personally I loved how they used it in Shenmue 2, it comes just after the biggest Ryo's defeat in Hong Kong, still even after this, with a new day Ryo vow to continue his search, amazing :love:

We really need a 4 vinyls album, one for each disc of the original release, too many great songs...

I always dream of Sega releasing Shenmue II soundtrack it has always been one of my most wanted thing in life ever like Shenmue III was. I'm always listening to Shenmue II music. There are so many tracks I want to have the opportunity to listen uncompressed but they never release all of them. The one's I really want to see on the release is The Shenmue Tree song when you reach Shenhua house and Ryo asks Shenhua What's this Tree. When you rescue Yuanda Zhu and he talks about the mirrors and Zhao during the cutscene i like that music a lot. The music that plays when Ryo and Shenhua are running in the woods before it gets too dark. When Ren and Ryo are handcuffed on the roof of the Building and looks into the sky and says the big dipper. There are so many great tracks in the game.

There's another song I like a lot in the game when Shenhua tells Ryo to take a look at some of her Father's collection in the house. I really want to see that one make it in the the Data Shenmue II vynil soundtrack. I wish Sega would just release the entire game soundtrack I think Shenmue II had the best music out of the 3 games.

Now live for pre-orders and it looks amazing!!!

EiMmd7zWAAAm3dG

EiMmdBXWkAI1FKk

SlipcaseBackMain_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Limited Edition Orange/Green version, Green version or Black available. They've also created an optional slipcase that holds both S1 and S2. Looks amazing! Ships Jan 2021!!

Shenmue II Data023:-

Shenmue Slipcase:-

Pity it’s just the tracks from the S2 disc of the sound collection previously released (as I predicted), but still pre ordered due to it being a nice collectors item and to hear these tracks on vinyl :)

Love the artwork, shame neither of these has Waves of Morning Haze. Maybe a Shenmue Orchestra Version LP down the line?

very nice, but at the same time I'm really disappointed that they are just the same tracks of the Shenmue HD limited edition :(
wasted opportunity here.

Lovely stuff, but fuck me one record is stingy. I love vinyl, but the obvious drawback is the limited amount you can have. The rip of the Shenmue II soundtrack I have runs to 6h 38m which would require 6 CD's.

I'll definitely get it and the slipcase is a nice touch, but I still hold out that one day a full soundtrack will be released (and for the 1st Shenmue too). Sega have done some great mega boxsets (like the 11 disc Outrun collection), so it's not out of the realms of possibility.

That said, it does have three of my favourite Shenmue II tracks - Workers Pier, Wise Men's Qr and Idle Seasons :)

Still, think about it - in the last month we've have a Shenmue anime and a Shenmue soundtrack...that's probably 4 years worth of news right there if we were still living in the late 00's~!

Last edited:
Lovely stuff, but fuck me one record is stingy. I love vinyl, but the obvious drawback is the limited amount you can have. The rip of the Shenmue II soundtrack I have runs to 6h 38m which would require 6 CD's.

I'll definitely get it and the slipcase is a nice touch, but I still hold out that one day a full soundtrack will be released (and for the 1st Shenmue too). Sega have done some great mega boxsets (like the 11 disc Outrun collection), so it's not out of the realms of possibility.

That said, it does have three of my favourite Shenmue II tracks - Workers Pier, Wise Men's Qr and Idle Seasons :)

Still, think about it - in the last month we've have a Shenmue anime and a Shenmue soundtrack...that's probably 4 years worth of news right there if we were still living in the late 00's~!
A whole lot of love for a 'dead series.' Shenmue IV is upon us.

1600469720657.png

Hurray!!!
1600468701240.png

I must admit it is sad that Shemnue II didn't get a double vinyl - Guilin deserves a side of it's own but still they knocked the aesthetic out of the park! Love it!

TRACK LIST - With Youtube Links:
A1. Good Luck Song for Travelers
A2. Boundless Lands
A3. Workers’ Pier – City by the Beautiful Sea
A4. Seeking the Four Wude
A5. Wise Men’s Quarter – Visiting History and Tradition
A6. One in the Body and Spirit
A7. A Gaze of Elegance
A8. Heart Made of Iron
A9. A Mesmerizing Knife
---------------------------------
B1. Encounter with Lan Di
B2. Views of Scenic Beauty
B3. Idle Seasons
B4. An Encounter Fulfilled
B5. Departure on a New Journey
Music by Osamu Murata, Takenobu Mitsuyoshi, Ryuji Iuchi, Shinji Otsuka, Koji Sakurai, Takeshi Yanagawa & Satoshi Miyashita

Hmmm, a decent selection of tracks, but why would they put the Good Luck Song before the Opening Boundless Lands track?

Also, having the Encounter with Lan Di track before all the Guilin tracks seems a bit off - I'd rather have dropped Heart Made of Iron and have that track on the end of side 1.

But overall really pleased with it!

Last edited:
I pre-ordered Shenmue II Vynil Data Disc today but I'm so disappointed I read in some posts above that is the same tracks from the sound collection and no new tracks oh that sux. I really wanted to hear new tracks from Guilin, Kowloon intro, Shenmue Tree song etc. Now I feel like canceling my preorder

Back