Datamined Info - Discussion Thread

Title format copy/pasted from backer trial thread. Since there were questions in the demo thread about when datamining for the full game would start, I'll throw this in to begin:

There are no unused maps in the full game. It has 3 maps (Cave, Hakkason, and Chobu). The "great wall" stuff at the end is just a 500MB+ FMV, there is no map for it. The maps you can load begin with the PL_ prefix. Files that have the map extension but not a PL_ prefix can't be loaded on their own, I think they might be assets that get loaded into an existing map. (Not confirmed yet) The music tracks in the full game match the demo prior to the patch that removed the extra tracks that shouldn't have been in the demo. There were only 2 music tracks removed between the accidental full soundtrack demo and the final: A duplicate copy of the highway star music, and the Van Halen song Panama. Otherwise the track list appears to be identical.

If you want to explore maps with the free camera, please refer to the guide by LemonHaze on how to access the debug menu. To load a map, you use the 'open' command, ex: "open PL_Chobu" to load Niaowu. The cave map forces you into the intro cutscene, you can stop it via the prefs section of the debug menu by picking the cutscene option. Note that if you try to spawn Ryo after stopping the cutscene, the game will crash.

I actually didn't find anything very interesting with the free camera in either of the other maps. The 3rd floor of the Niaowu hotel is just a big empty room. Otherwise you can see and/or access a majority of the map anyway. The other buildings you see across the river are just facades, no insides actually modeled.

Last edited:
I haven't done an exhaustive look through all cutscene subtitles, but I went backwards through the list and looked at all of the late game stuff. There are no unused cutscenes from the end of the game, at least based on the subtitles.

However, as was true for the first game, there are journal entries that you can never see from late game. They might imply that you originally got control of Ryo for a bit during the ending.

First step is to find Shenhua.

Chai attacked us again! He's a stubborn one.

Found Yuan and Xu locked up.
We rescued them.

Shenhua is next!
There's not a second to lose!

A strange woman was waiting for us.
We gave her the Phoenix Mirror to save
Shenhua. So glad she's safe.

The woman told us Lan Di is just up ahead...
Lan Di... I'm coming for you!

All that's left is to confront Lan Di!

Enemy after enemy keeps appearing.
I have to fight my way through them!

I finally beat Ge, the Red Snakes' boss!

Lan Di is up ahead.
This time, he's going down.

I found Lan Di's room!

I was unable to beat Lan Di. I lost again...

A disappointing loss, but I'm still alive
thanks to Ren.

Ren threw a fake Phoenix Mirror to help us
escape...

I'm just glad that everyone is safe.

The old castle went up in flames.
Who did this? Did Lan Di escape?

Ask Yuan if he knows anything.

Yuan told me about Zhao Sunming and my
father. Also the truth about the Phoenix
Mirror and why the Chi You Men want it.

Lan Di appears to be headed that way.
End of Journal (Well, the story pages)

I haven't done an exhaustive look through all cutscene subtitles, but I went backwards through the list and looked at all of the late game stuff. There are no unused cutscenes from the end of the game, at least based on the subtitles.

However, as was true for the first game, there are journal entries that you can never see from late game. They might imply that you originally got control of Ryo for a bit during the ending.

First step is to find Shenhua.

Chai attacked us again! He's a stubborn one.

Found Yuan and Xu locked up.
We rescued them.

Shenhua is next!
There's not a second to lose!

A strange woman was waiting for us.
We gave her the Phoenix Mirror to save
Shenhua. So glad she's safe.

The woman told us Lan Di is just up ahead...
Lan Di... I'm coming for you!

All that's left is to confront Lan Di!

Enemy after enemy keeps appearing.
I have to fight my way through them!

I finally beat Ge, the Red Snakes' boss!

Lan Di is up ahead.
This time, he's going down.

I found Lan Di's room!

I was unable to beat Lan Di. I lost again...

A disappointing loss, but I'm still alive
thanks to Ren.

Ren threw a fake Phoenix Mirror to help us
escape...

I'm just glad that everyone is safe.

The old castle went up in flames.
Who did this? Did Lan Di escape?

Ask Yuan if he knows anything.

Yuan told me about Zhao Sunming and my
father. Also the truth about the Phoenix
Mirror and why the Chi You Men want it.

Lan Di appears to be headed that way.
End of Journal (Well, the story pages)
Interesting. I really wonder about how much cut material will return as DLC. It’s clearly evident alot of cutscene material was cut, which explains the disjointed feel.

Back