Day 5 issue

Jigen

Man Mo Journeyman
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Persona 5
On work day 5 in Shenmue the two sailor thugs are not spawning by the harbor lounge like they should this has been going on for three in game days. Anyone know a solution?

On work day 5 in Shenmue the two sailor thugs are not spawning by the harbor lounge like they should this has been going on for three in game days. Anyone know a solution?

Talk to Mark. Then talk to Mark again.

thanks man.

I don't think that's it - the required scene with Mark happens automatically, you don't need to get the extra note about Tony and Smith by talking to Mark again.

Just make sure you are approaching warehouse #18 from the first set of crates. The scene should trigger automatically after 3:30.

I could be mistaken on which day you're at

I don't think that's it - the required scene with Mark happens automatically, you don't need to get the extra note about Tony and Smith by talking to Mark again.

No, you do need to talk to Mark again, he'll tell you their names for a new entry after the Long Zha note. Great way to earn extra cash for file transfer is repeating day 5 if you don't talk to NPC Mark in FREE mode (along with the well-known Day 2 route glitch).

In fact--IIRC--every work day can be repeated except Day 4. Day 1 you can avoid the bike race cutscene if you don't walk into Alpha/security office area trigger; you can repeat Day 3 by avoiding warehouse #18 Charlie chase/fight trigger.

Just make sure you are approaching warehouse #18 from the first set of crates. The scene should trigger automatically after 3:30.

I could be mistaken on which day you're at

This is precisely what happened to me about a week ago. I know some are saying/have said it's about talking to Mark-- and that may well have an effect-- but my issue was coming from the second set of crates:I got bored of work and figured I could just find it by passing by the Tomato. As soon as I went back to that first set, it triggered.

No, you do need to talk to Mark again, he'll tell you their names for a new entry after the Long Zha note. Great way to earn extra cash for file transfer is repeating day 5 if you don't talk to NPC Mark in FREE mode (along with the well-known Day 2 route glitch).

In fact--IIRC--every work day can be repeated except Day 4. Day 1 you can avoid the bike race cutscene if you don't walk into Alpha/security office area trigger; you can repeat Day 3 by avoiding warehouse #18 Charlie chase/fight trigger.

All I'm saying is after work the day before, there is automatically a scene where Mark tells you about the deal. The prima guide says you can talk to mark again for another note, but I chose not to. I still triggered the chase scene with Tony and Smith the next day.

All I'm saying is after work the day before, there is automatically a scene where Mark tells you about the deal. The prima guide says you can talk to mark again for another note, but I chose not to. I still triggered the chase scene with Tony and Smith the next day.
Inversely, I am playing through Shenmue 1 at the mo, had the automatic conversation with Mark after work, but no Tony and Smith scene the following afternoon. Which is good because I'm repeating day 5 of the forklifting over and over for maximum cash :sneaky:

Last edited:

Unless there's someone else you can talk to which makes it trigger, it's 100% required.

Back