Dear Staff!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take some time to thank the Staff of the Shenmue Dojo Forum. Last evening it just inspired me how calm, open minded and careful you all take care of the community and the guidelines of fairness it has.

A big shout out to you all and my deepest thanks. It really is a special place on the Internet, I am happy to be a part of it.💐

All the best,
Sailor-San

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to take some time to thank the Staff of the Shenmue Dojo Forum. Last evening it just inspired me how calm, open minded and careful you all take care of the community and the guidelines of fairness it has.

A big shout out to you all and my deepest thanks. It really is a special place on the Internet, I am happy to be a part of it.💐

All the best,
Sailor-San
Hey man,

Thank you for the kind words. From a personal standpoint I'm on here quite a bit and keeping things to the line, in a calm and friendly manner can be tough and at times wearing.

I personally do this because Shenmue is a game that is close to my heart and the community is second to none. For all the fun and games us mods come across it's words like these that energise us and from my own view show that I'm doing something right. That means something to me on a personal level as I'd never want to sell this community short.

Cheers man!

Hey Fellas,

thats good to hear. @spud1897 yes, indeed. I only can imagine that it is sometimes quite a challenge, so as I said I was very inspired by all of the staffs written friendly and professional precise tone.

Glad I could give something back. Keep up the good work!

See you around

Thank you for the mind words. Also to those who sent private messages this week saying similar things (not sure what's happened to cause people to say kind things).

I'm not great with compliments in general so thank you. I don't do anything special, and the staff deserve all of the praise. Especially behind the scenes. Also those in the wider community, at all of the other Shenmue outlets.

Having read the entire history of this site and the ups and downs throughout the years, it's sometimes hard to remember that this place was willed into existence by fellow human beings. In this day and age where it's easier to be angry about something, the power of a kind word feels stronger than ever.

So whilst i've only been on here for 18 months (i've been a lurker for over a decade) I have always felt welcome. I've had the pleasure of meeting some of you face to face, either at the Shenmue UK meet up last October, or during Corey's zoom meetings, so wish to extend my thanks too.

Go on and give yourselves a well earned pint (or equivalent) <3

Back