Debug map found in Shenmue I

Interesting. How do you load this map?

Also, I suspect that, if this indeed only in HD, then d3t must've added other debug maps as well. Would love to see more of these come to light.

This is in the folders for Shenmue II, yes? I've seen this area years ago, but it was in the first game on the Dreamcast.
You can clearly see the doors are from Dobuita.

Yeah, that's right. It's at scene\03\DOOR, I couldn't find it on the Xbox version of SM2, so I just assumed it wasn't on Dreamcast either. It is not in Shenmue I HD, though. I think the doors being from SM1 areas is just coincidence.

How do you load this map?

Using MiscTools and the map warp stuff, there's quite a few ways you can load maps, though.

Well, I found the old video.

Unfortunately the guy doesn't tell where he found it and how he accessed it. Might only be in the beta, but after a quick check I didn't see it.

It isn't in the DC Shenmue II either, so it looks like d3t brought it in. Wonder if it used to be somewhere else or if it is ported from Shenmue, wich would also be very interesting.

Last edited:
I just found it in the beta GD :p

Very interesting, so that map has been ported from Shenmue 1 BETA to Shenmue 2 HD.

That video up there was my recording, stolen like many others without credit. I found this map in Shenmue I (final release, in the DOOR folder in at least disc 3, can't remember if it were in discs 1 and 2). So it's in Shenmue II in the re-releases? Interesting.

That's some Thirteenth Floor shit.

Back