Development Log #1

xatruio

Site Staff
Favourite title
What's Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue 3
I totally agree ! Do you have a link to this post ? I'm very curious to see that improvements list !

I do not have a saved copy or even a post here... might've been a false memory and only discussed on discord or something? I think I can recall most of them. Mostly small things not a big deal at all. Without them I still love each game as they already are on Dreamcast. Already perfect enough yknow?

-Dragon mode:
minimal HUD same as DC Shenmue l
quicker gacha animation from Shenmue ll in Shenmue
snapshot mode/filters and Shenmue 2x Ryo model in Shen1
cassettes and Saturn playable in Shenmue 2
spar Fukusan all day same as Jianmin; spar Gui Zhang at harbour
70 battle+Pedro+Chai as bosses on the Shenmue 2 "Collection" Battles section
Afterburner and Outrun Saturn games
Raffle box with lucky holiday dates in Shen2
bicycle for harbour
pawnshops buy everything--no more damn dice and super balls
blocked off warehouse districts open to explore and practice

-Phoenix mode:
bike from Yamanose to harbour, optional bus ride time skip/wait
bicycle in Shen2
pawnshops in Dobuita red light district to sell slot house tokens and gachas, etc.
herb collecting in Shenmue ch1 and Shenmue ll Guilin
carry over herb collection and sell at existing herb shops in Hong Kong

OP
OP
Nicolas_D
I do not have a saved copy or even a post here... might've been a false memory and only discussed on discord or something? I think I can recall most of them. Mostly small things not a big deal at all. Without them I still love each game as they already are on Dreamcast. Already perfect enough yknow?

-Dragon mode:
minimal HUD same as DC Shenmue l
quicker gacha animation from Shenmue ll in Shenmue
snapshot mode/filters and Shenmue 2x Ryo model in Shen1
cassettes and Saturn playable in Shenmue 2
spar Fukusan all day same as Jianmin; spar Gui Zhang at harbour
70 battle+Pedro+Chai as bosses on the Shenmue 2 "Collection" Battles section
Afterburner and Outrun Saturn games
Raffle box with lucky holiday dates in Shen2
bicycle for harbour
pawnshops buy everything--no more damn dice and super balls
blocked off warehouse districts open to explore and practice

-Phoenix mode:
bike from Yamanose to harbour, optional bus ride time skip/wait
bicycle in Shen2
pawnshops in Dobuita red light district to sell slot house tokens and gachas, etc.
herb collecting in Shenmue ch1 and Shenmue ll Guilin
carry over herb collection and sell at existing herb shops in Hong Kong
Sorry, didn't see you reply !

Interesting list, thank you ! In this post I talk for myself, some of your points like the HUD and the snapshot are the kind of adjustments that would make the dragon edition a bit more agreeable, and I absolutely think getting rid of the dices and super balls is a nice idea haha

And developing the way to travel in game with the bike and the bus would also be great IMO. Not sure how you would make the Saturn playable in Shenmue 2 ? I like the idea that it's waiting under the TV in Yokosuka :) and I really would like to be able to visit the old warehouse district !

xatruio

Site Staff
Favourite title
What's Shenmue
Currently playing
Shenmue 3
Interesting list, thank you ! In this post I talk for myself, some of your points like the HUD and the snapshot are the kind of adjustments that would make the dragon edition a bit more agreeable, and I absolutely think getting rid of the dices and super balls is a nice idea haha

And developing the way to travel in game with the bike and the bus would also be great IMO. Not sure how you would make the Saturn playable in Shenmue 2 ? I like the idea that it's waiting under the TV in Yokosuka :) and I really would like to be able to visit the old warehouse district !

Saturn I'd say just put the console in Ren Hideout and/or Xiuyings apartment with TV.

Blocked off warehouse districts meaning the one in the back of Fortune's Pier in Aberdeen and then the three aside from Old Warehouse DIstrict which are blocked in harbour; the one next to the old warehouse entrance, the one next to #18 and the one next to Mad Angels. Then also ability to call Gui Zhang at old #8 to ask for a spar, much like the two bonus scenes with the scrolls iirc

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
shenmue 3 and shenmue 1 2 hd ps4
gambling like s2 for make money fast in sh1 should be great