Did Deep Silver Do Shenmue III Justice?

It's not his job to write that story into the game, though. That's why you have script writers.
Of course it's his job. It's his story and he's lead the work on all 3 games. Any hope of Shenmue 4 relies on him.

I'm not sure if this was discussed on here or another forum, but I imagine a lot of the story for Shenmue 3 was worked out when they were writing Shenmue 1 and 2.

If it's not his job to tell the story, why the fuck did we support kickstarter?

Of course it's his job. It's his story and he's lead the work on all 3 games. Any hope of Shenmue 4 relies on him.

I'm not sure if this was discussed on here or another forum, but I imagine a lot of the story for Shenmue 3 was worked out when they were writing Shenmue 1 and 2.

If it's not his job to tell the story, why the fuck did we support kickstarter?
It's his job to direct and give the final say on whatever story is written. He will have ideas/some sort of structure but will have hired someone to script the damn thing. He can hardly direct, script, program, negotiate publishing deals, turn up at events on his own.

He will delegate but the final say will of course be with him as it is his story. He's the face of it all and the lead but within that delegation happens, but as in any job the buck stops with the person highest.

Of course I'm saying this without knowing the structure of YSNET and how things work there

Back