Discord

Do not know if it had been bought up before or at all.. but is it possible for you guys to create a discord server etc? Might attract more people with live chatting along with the site and YouTube/forums.

As long as we have forums here on our site, there is no reason to have a Discord. That's a decision I made when upgrading the forums to Xenforo. If people are chatting in a Discord, then there's no need to have these forums, and would only result in a defunct part of the site. We also barely have enough volunteers as it is to keep on top of the various social media activity and content creation, so another platform to manage and maintain is just out of the question.

We currently do not have a Discord, and don't have any plans to create one in the future at the moment. That's my call though so I carry that decision on my shoulders alone. If I step down and someone else takes over, then perhaps they might disagree and bring in a Dojo Discord. Nothings impossible so wait and see I guess.

I don't even get the point of discord; it's just another form of Chatroom, with very little posterity (I don't want to scroll for 10 minutes to find something that was said 2 days ago) and an arguably clunky interface.

I thought message boards became prominent and will last forever, BECAUSE of posterity and efficiency.

Oh well...

I have no problem with the forum reason I asked I recently interacted with a dojo member on discord so felt live chatting felt good. 👀

It is okay peter I assumed it was mentioned before and truck do not worry I love these forums. 😁

Last edited:
Discord servers are nice but they usually kill forums.

I have no problem with the forum reason I asked I recently interacted with a dojo member on discord so felt live chatting felt good. 👀

It is okay peter I assumed it was mentioned before and truck do not worry I live these forums. 😁

No biggie!

I was looking into something one time early last year and people were saying, "join the discord!!!!!" for updates.

So I did and I found it beyond clunky and a shitshow lol. After 2 days of it, I scrolled for what must've been 10-15 minutes to find something I was looking for and was all, "naw, this just isn't for me," and deleted it.

No biggie!

I was looking into something one time early last year and people were saying, "join the discord!!!!!" for updates.

So I did and I found it beyond clunky and a shitshow lol. After 2 days of it, I scrolled for what must've been 10-15 minutes to find something I was looking for and was all, "naw, this just isn't for me," and deleted it.
I use it on my phone to talk I. Youtubers discord where they talk about games in a bi weekly podcast. I interact there talking about releases like yakuza persona shin mega I tensei xenoblade etc.

I own a Shenmue related discord, but obviously it does not replace the Shenmue Dojo forums and is not endorsed by so. If you'd like to join you can find the invite on my profile however. :)

The Shenmue Dojo is sacred, like a church. Discord is profane, like a brothel. Like most decent, reasonably clever adults, I frequent both, spend more time in the latter, but at no point respect it or talk about it in public.

Back