Divinity Original Sin Series

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition for PS4 and Xbox

This game is coming out soon. I decided to pre-order it for physical. can someone tell me something about this series if you played part 1? well either way if you pre-order digital you can play act 1 before release day.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3526-CUSA12611_00-ORIGINALSIN2DE01

Description

Digital Pre-order Details:
Pre-order and receive a bonus after checking out:

DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 DEFINITIVE EDITION [BETA]

DIVINITY: ORIGINAL SIN 2 - COMPANION: SIR LORA THE SQUIRREL

DIVINITY ORIGINAL SIN 2 THEME

Pre-order now and get instant access to Act 1 of the game (20+ hours of gameplay), and continue your adventure on launch August 31st. This incentive also includes the Sir Lora companion DLC, and the Divinity: Original Sin 2 PlayStation®4 theme.

Play on 08/31/2018 12am Eastern Time

Last edited:
This series is simply amazing as the games are the literal translation of tabletop RPG in videogame form. What makes them special are mainly two game design components: the games were built specifically to be played with a group of 4 people, specially the first game which lacks pretty much any avatar characterization. It still can be played solo, but the experience will not be the same imo.The other component is the mindblowing freedom players have with interacting with the world. It's way beyond of what Baldur's Gate series or others of the like have done.

I might post a written review in the future, but not now as I haven't completed either game yet. But I can say for sure that I don't really recommend playing the first game if you are doing it just solo. Besides not having really companions with fully fledged developed personalities and deep backstories, the main story doesn't take itself too seriously way too much for my tastes. On the other hand, Divinity 2 fixes all these issues so it's good to go as a solo game.

From what I can tell the first game can only be played with two people and I figured the first had some type of flaws and emptiness to it. I looked at videos and realized part 2 had better stuff and seemed more fleshed out. So I grew interested in it. Two months ago was the first time I learned of this series and as you said they reminded me of Baldur's Gate and Diablo, which got me pretty much excited. It also reminded me of a pc game that had exploring and quest mechanics similar to Baldur's gate and table top rpg's but no magic in them forgot that games name. bought it in about 1999-2001 or something. one or the other.

I noticed it was like rpg's I played back in the day so after paying attention to the games and looking at video's I pre-ordered it. I decided to buy Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and was not going to play it before the second game. What you stated had nothing to do with it. Like I mentioned before I realized that part 2 from video's was superior in every way and when I saw I could purchase part 1, which I would have done eventually, and for the price that it was listed at (can't be a coincidence since the second game is about to release) I decided to purchase the game. that PS Plus deal started on 8/17/18 and ends 8/28/18 and for a few days I was debating if I should purchase it compared to me pacing back and fourth for weeks if I should try and purchase it before part 2's release. It is just one of those games I could not let slide out of my grasp and I honestly have to say I have not been excited about game releases in a while now. It is like every game I was interested in came out this year and even game that were new or I forgot about for years released this year.

I liked this year a lot. :cool:

Last edited:
I just realized the game's number of co-op players might have changed as I remember playing the first game with other 3 friends before the enhanced edition came out. Can still be modded I guess, but anyway these games are better when played co-op. I backed both games on Kickstarter and the series is unlike any other RPG out there. It's awesome that it caught your attention, as did with me when they were first announced.

Last edited:
I have to admit though I am itching to try Divinity. It can wait for another time when I noticed that the first part was on sale I got excited and immediately went to purchase it. But at the same time I had a feeling I was not going to play it just yet. Now yeah if you say the game is better played CO-OP then I take you word for it especially with part 1, not that there is anything wrong with part 1 from the video's. I do not know about part 1 that much but noticed that it seemed it said split screen and 1 to 2 players for part 1. If you say you played with three other people for the first game, then I take your word for it. Then there is the link to the game in this thread that says play with three other players online and 2-2 network players so the 1-2 players is split screen when you are using the same PS4. I think that was the part that confused me then looking at part 2's description and seeing CO-OP 1-4 players.

Yeah I for a long time was on a gaming break. I skipped almost all of last gen (I had a ps3 and did not buy games for it) but for a while I tried certain types of games and older games I owned. Then when this gen started I decided around 2016 to get into things again trying one or two games in 2016... It would not take much for a D&D/Tabletop game to grab my attention anything that harkens back to Baldur's Gate and those older pc games I used to play like Warcraft/Majesty/Curse on monkey Island/sims era esque games I would pay attention to. This game could have been a hit or miss but I knew off the bat that it was a good game. There is another game that caught my attention besides this one this year and it releases during the holiday season at the end of 2018.

Wait, my experience with these games are with a PC setup... I have not touched the PS4/Xbone version for the first game. Probably it is only up to 2 players on console as you say. Split screen actually doesn't sound appealing to me, but the first game is too light on the main story and with AI companions not really being fully fleshed out, it is not going to be as much of a fun experience playing by yourself imo.

I see, I understand what you are telling me. it is two players when you and someone are using the same PS4, but online it is four players including you for the first game. It is from what I can tell from the playstation store link for the first game. Looking at the description.

----------
journey with up to three companions either in online co-op, split-screen on your TV, or even alone. Take advantage of a classless RPG system to create your heroes and conquer the evils of Rivellon using the environment and magic in combat!

1-2 players
Network Players 2-2
11GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Optional)

so it is four players :). You were right.

Edit: I am certain you can do four players split screen.

Back