Dlc Story Quest trophies

If my maths is correct, there are 81 different Chawan Sign combinations. And with around 10(?) possible locations, that’s 800ish goes. Good luck to you, my friend. We all owe you a beer if you can figure it out.

If my maths is correct, there are 81 different Chawan Sign combinations. And with around 10(?) possible locations, that’s 800ish goes. Good luck to you, my friend. We all owe you a beer if you can figure it out.
Yeah. Not long finished trying all 6 of the Chawan signs given to the player at all 12 of the constantly available locations and am now starting to think that the signs needed to get the items are random. It’s also possible that by triggering story progression, the game locks off the ability to get the items but as there seem to be multiple spots to trigger progression, this seems unlikely. There must be a clue somewhere as to what signs are needed where. Perhaps checking the phone cards is in order next time I have time to jump on.

I figured out the combination for the Oysters by carefuly looking around the store for patterns. Unfortunately that didn't work out at all for any of the other places I checked. So not sure if this is actually how they are meant to be found or if it was just a random match.

If the stores where you can do them all have some hint about the pattern then I actually like that puzzle solving aspect, as it is really clever. But if they really are there, they are definately too hidden pretty much all around. And it also doesn't help that except for the Oyster and Peking Duck ones, I have no idea where to even do the sign. Heck, I don't even know what some of the items you're supposed to get are...

You get served some food with goes into your inventory. The "hint" for me were the stools on the furthest table.

----
o--o
-oo-

This is the pattern you need to make. I was able to do this repeatably at different points during the quest.

You get served some food with goes into your inventory. The "hint" for me were the stools on the furthest table.

----
o--o
-oo-

This is the pattern you need to make. I was able to do this repeatably at different points during the quest.

Dude, can I just check - are you doing this at 'I Love Fresh Oyster' at the Port? I'm doing that sign, and I can actually see the hint from the chairs, but it's just giving me the stock 'I'll have to try somewhere else' cutscene.

Did you do this towards the end of the DLC? I'm currently on the second 'round' of doing Chawan signs. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
Yeah I am pretty much before the final sign. So it is also linked to quest progression then? Uuugh that sucks bad, especially if that possibility makes the special events tied to when in the side quest.

Damn these are hard. I tried a few different locations and found many patterns that looked like they might be related but weren’t. If anybody is able, can you try Muren Cafe?

The wooden statues have their arms in one of the following patterns.

————0
—-0–0—-
-0———-

Or

0———-
—0–0—-
———-0

I tried using the plants at the Peking Duck restaurant, but this didn’t seem to be right.

Yes i know its 81 different chawan fign ... I already figured out the chawan sign of snake power ...now am trying to do it at all the spots it's around 12 plus the last one kowloon restaurant means 13 ... I already finish 8 still i have to do the the 81 in 5 different locations but the problem it seems the trophies are missable like the side quest in the main story ...you have to do the chawan sign at the right time of the dlc story it's really difficult i will try to do my best to figure out all of them ... For any information my psn id is shenmueseries

Yes i know its 81 different chawan fign ... I already figured out the chawan sign of snake power ...now am trying to do it at all the spots it's around 12 plus the last one kowloon restaurant means 13 ... I already finish 8 still i have to do the the 81 in 5 different locations but the problem it seems the trophies are missable like the side quest in the main story ...you have to do the chawan sign at the right time of the dlc story it's really difficult i will try to do my best to figure out all of them ... For any information my psn id is shenmueseries

Good work, dude! We're all counting on you. The two you've got - did you do them at the same part in the story?

I'm really hoping that you don't need to do all 6 at different times of the story. That would be bananas!

Back