DLC

There's a chance they may lock that door in an update for that full Mad Angels effect, but even if they didn't it really doesn't change that much. It's not a huge house or anything.

It is in the main game. I hadn't finished the game yet when DLC installed and played the DLC to the end before buying the reverse body check.

I was looking at it, but I'm going to skip it. I really dislike the Shenmue 3 combat so don't want to get a DLC centered around it.
Ren frowns at you . Mademan you signed the guestbook in Shenmue III! If you paid that much for Kickstarter, just buy the dlc. The combat is better in some ways in Shenmue III, and in others its better in Shenmue II. I miss the throws too , but they will come back in Shenmue IV , better than ever.

The fact that you can play as Ren and Wei Ling make it worth the price of admission. Yu Suzuki has a method to his madness with the new combat control scheme.

Ren frowns at you . Mademan you signed the guestbook in Shenmue III! If you paid that much for Kickstarter, just buy the dlc. The combat is better in some ways in Shenmue III, and in others its better in Shenmue II. I miss the throws too , but they will come back in Shenmue IV , better than ever.

The fact that you can play as Ren and Wei Ling make it worth the price of admission. Yu Suzuki has a method to his madness with the new combat control scheme.

Yes I did back the game, and took a gamble with that backing. I'm overall happy that we got something, even if I find aspects of the game disappointing.
I don't see the need to buy DLC that is focused around the aspect of the game I enjoyed the least though. I won't stop anyone else from buying it, but there's not much in the Battle Rally that appeals to me.

Yes I did back the game, and took a gamble with that backing. I'm overall happy that we got something, even if I find aspects of the game disappointing.
I don't see the need to buy DLC that is focused around the aspect of the game I enjoyed the least though. I won't stop anyone else from buying it, but there's not much in the Battle Rally that appeals to me.
Or me, for a different reason. The 70 man battle in options in S1 would have been a DLC today. It's there cause of how stupid it is not to have fighting as often as one wants, when he wants it. In S2 almost all fights but the story fights are ruined by the QTEs, so you don't really enjoy any but maybe Pancration, and the wrestler fights. Thank god they are there after to replay as you like. Shenmue 3 fixes all that, it needed no DLC like that for S3. I love the combat system in the main game, but the DLC made those harder moves too hard to even try. Yeah you can play as more than Ryo. I'd rather a DLC was adding moves to the main existing game. Not that I think it's a total waste of time.

Look, MadeMan, I was playing the demo and was actually stupidly trying the Brutal Tiger the old way. The way I hurt my thumb to max every few years replaying 1&2. The system is changed, but it's there. Yes you need to really spend time trying to get how to use your thumb again. I don't know, I liked it when I played, especially after sparring nailed those harder moves for me, In my head, and for my thumb. You're not giving it a chance at all. Many aren't it seems. By the end fighting up the steps I did exactly the moves I wanted to do. There are more non throw moves in S3, than 1&2. There's a free battle, that's actually a free battle. I'm gonna replay soon for the story DLC, and they let you keep your learned moves, and the uniform I got. I was doing the spin kick you can only learn in Niawu the first time to the grand master of Bailu to his back after I made him look like a fool by side stepping him and making him miss. It felt more real than all the fighting games I've played prior. I know I'll be told the system is not as good, to me it was. I'd try it fresh if I were you, I'd spar even after maxing out a move, to max it out for your thumb. Since you said they are arbitrary. I watched a YouTuber playing the demo, he liked how strategic fighting is now comparing to 1&2, but he just did punches and knees only, cause he didn't spar to try and learn more.

Just completed the DLC.

What is the purpose of the phonecard that Zhang gives you at the end?

When I go to use it at the phone inside Hotel Niaowu, Ryo just says "Never Mind" and it goes back out.

Is it just a pointless item?

Just completed the DLC.

What is the purpose of the phonecard that Zhang gives you at the end?

When I go to use it at the phone inside Hotel Niaowu, Ryo just says "Never Mind" and it goes back out.

Is it just a pointless item?
Pretty much.

I feel like the telephone card just has to have a use somewhere, but I'll be damned if I know how to use it.

Back