DO you guys hate or like thunderstorms!?

It really depends for me.

Right now I’ve really started to hate bright sunny days where I’m living because it’s just constant. If I can go out in the middle of February and roast in a tshirt and shorts like I did a week or so ago, something is wrong. Any day with any sort of clouds is welcome.

But really I only wish for overcast or mild rain. I used to be a lot more terrified of thunderstorms as a kid, much more ok with them now, but it’s an inconvenience to lose power, and you can bet I’ll be hanging onto any and all battery powered lights as well as candles if they happen at night - but that’s more to do with being afraid of the dark.

Or lightning in general!? One just passed by recently where I live and man it kept me up all night. How do you guys handle it!?
I'm actually able to sleep through them, which is handy, as the lightning scares the crap outta me if it gets too close. Fear of beng struck, I guess lol.
But the thunder and rain is actually really calming. Infact I often play those kinds of videos on Youtube at night to help me sleep!

I do love them, but I do get nervous from time to time. My old dog died of a heart attack due to a thunderstorm, so I get nervous whenever we get one with our other dogs (they're both over 12 now and getting a little old). Sometimes I get painful memories whenever we get one.

But that aside, I do love going for a walk with a thunderstorm; especially when dark clouds hover over.

Back