Do you think Shenmue IV will show up at E3

Will Shenmue IV be announced at E3

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 88.4%

• Total voters
Yeah, the big announcement is definitely not Shenmue 4. there is 11 other games being announced at Koch’s show though but I feel like if it were being shown off, Yu or Cedric would hype it up on Twitter like they did with Shenmue 3.

While I think it is shit all to do with Shenmue I will be watching

Shenmue related.... ? Well they all are! 🤪

Crown - Shenmue 3 took the crown on Kickstarter as biggest videogame at the time.
Crystal - In Shenmue 3, you can collect various colored crystals in the prize exchange.
Coffin - Representing the end of Lan Di and the final show down to be had in the 4th game.
Swiss army knife - Ren gets an upgrade in the 4th game to his switch blade.
Mace - In Heaven's Fist shop there's a box with a mace in it that also has a Chobu-chan.
Pyramid - It's quite possible that a hidden pyramid is found in the 4th that gives the mirrors their power.
Pill box - You can collect herbs in the third that I'd bet are turned into pills. Here's hoping they aren't suppositories'.
Dollar bills - This is referencing the first two Shenmue game's development costs and how high they were back then.
Sage stick - Ryo could use this to cleanse Lan Di's evil spirit to weaken him before battle in the final chapter.

The Koch media announcement was a new studio called prime matter and they already revealed the 12 games they’re working on, tomorrow’s show is likely just more info on those. It’s safe to say there’s nothing Shenmue related here as expected.

I believe that Koch will finally reveal Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 tomorrow.

Sadly, I don't expect any Shenmue news, but as a massive fan of KCD 1, if they announced KCD2, that will soften the blow :D

They did show the another kingdom come deliverance title when they announced their new studio so I think a sequel will definitely be there

Ahh nice! I found some details. They are bringing KCD1 to switch, but haven't officially announced 2 yet :) Cool that KCD1 is going to the Switch. The game is known to have a bunch of performance issues on Xbox/PS4, so will be interested to see what blackmagic they use to get it running well on the Switch lol :D

To tie it back into Shenmue in some way, there seems to be an interview going around with this new Studio from Koch, and they have said that they "won't shy away from risky or niche games". Seeing as they said themselves that Shenmue was a very niche product in their financial briefing, it kinda gives me some hope that they might still want to be involved in the future (If Yu wants them to that is lol).

Last edited:
I don't know when we'll hear about Shenmue IV, but I hope we see/hear some signs of life shortly. Two years w/o a word from the team, no interviews with Yu, etc... I worry people simply won't care if they need to wait much longer. But I can't forget the anime could potentially reinvigorate the community and draw in new fans, so there's every possibility they're trying to get in sync with that.

I don't know when we'll hear about Shenmue IV, but I hope we see/hear some signs of life shortly. Two years w/o a word from the team, no interviews with Yu, etc... I worry people simply won't care if they need to wait much longer. But I can't forget the anime could potentially reinvigorate the community and draw in new fans, so there's every possibility they're trying to get in sync with that.

Well, it's kinda hard to do right now. Shenmue IV will never have the kind of bombshell, internet and forum melting power that happened at E3 2015.

Hell, I doubt a 1-2 punch like that will ever happen again, similar to how at E3 2013 when Sony absolutely scorched Microsoft's then crazy online check ins, no used games, etc.

Best to do it at a smaller thing, maybe, considering the Kickstarter didn't leave the best impression by the end. And the fans will stay fans and this Dojo isn't all encompassing of just how large the fanbase is.

I mean we did get one post release interview from Esra which did shed some information and his hopes for Shenmue 4.
The quest marker bit is worrying, probably why I subconsciously deleted that interview from memory.

Adding quest markers to Shenmue is like adding a flying button in Mario. It defeats the purpose of the main gameplay mechanic. Which in Shenmue's case is lite-detective elements of deducing the right NPCs to ask for info on objectives.

I'm hoping it's a different kind of quest marker than what we're used to.

Yeah, Koch has already revealed today the event is 100% about the new gaming label, Prime Matter:

No SIV this E3, sadly.

I don't think we're seeing SIV either. I've scoured Google for recent references to Ys Net or Shenmue & have come up completely empty...

To be honest, if the game IS in development but far away I would not blame them for keeping quiet until they have something exciting to show. Can you imagine all the shitpost articles and cringe youtubers going 'OH GOD HERE COMES SHENMOO EYE VEE FROM SCAMMASTER SCAMZUKI' I could do without a year or so of spicy hot take cringe ruining the name of the game before development really kick off.

Cedric was right that the 2017 teaser should never have been put out and to be honest I think he has the best 'business' head on his shoulders of all who are involved in the future of Shenmue.

Dream scenario is a trailer released after the Anime where fresh eyes will look upon the series with interest

Back