Do you think Shenmue IV will show up at E3

Will Shenmue IV be announced at E3

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 61 88.4%

• Total voters
Koei Tecmos Dynasty Warriors 9 was released in february 2018
and they announced Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires in september 2020.
Thats 2 years and 7 months with no news.

Shenmue 3 was released in november 2019, so that was only 19 months ago.
Not even close to the 3 year time frame.
Well, since the release of Dynasty Warriors 9, Koei also released Warriors Orochi 4, Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and they are going to release Samurai Warriors 5 next week. And despite Dynasty Warriors 9 being the worst game in the whole franchise, they already confirmed that they are going to release the spin-off Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires in 2021.

Last edited:
The average wait time between sequels does tend to fall within 3 years. Much larger games can then take up to 5 years of development time (Breath of the Wild 2).

Shenmue 3 took 4 years to make, but YS Net have said that a Shenmue 4 would take up a much shorter development time because a lot of the legwork has already been done with Shenmue 3.

So far, Shenmue 3 has been out for 1 year 7 months. Assuming that Shenmue 4 takes 3 years to create, I reckon we should hear something around Spring 2022 - E3 2022 (I hope!).

Nothing happpend as expected. This E3 was the worst E3 ever for me since I started following the show in 1995. Not a single game shown there was something for me. But I expected nothing less so I was not disappointed.

I am also not sure if we hear anything about Shenmue 4 this year even if is in development. Maybe we will hear from it oin 2022.

I also would not count on a Sony "Event". We have not a single proof for that. Just social media talk. Social media is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Sony has nothing to show so why should they make a "event"

I also do not get why many people are so possessed from that events that are nothing more than cringe fests. Would be way more smarter to just enjoy the games you have already instead of hyping up for event that does not exist.

Nothing happpend as expected. This E3 was the worst E3 ever for me since I started following the show in 1995. Not a single game shown there was something for me. But I expected nothing less so I was not disappointed.

I am also not sure if we hear anything about Shenmue 4 this year even if is in development. Maybe we will hear from it oin 2022.

I also would not count on a Sony "Event". We have not a single proof for that. Just social media talk. Social media is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Sony has nothing to show so why should they make a "event"

I also do not get why many people are so possessed from that events that are nothing more than cringe fests. Would be way more smarter to just enjoy the games you have already instead of hyping up for event that does not exist.

Not quite, sir. Kojima has already said the in-depth look at Death Stranding was a couple weeks out. In addition, some other "no-name" studio has started teasing their own exclusive PS5 reveal soon(Jun 22). The latter of which has folks going crazy thinking it's Silent Hill, but we shall see.

Either way, Sony went last year a week or two after E3. Let's see if they do it this year. That being said, I still believe it's too early to see Shenmue IV(especially in the wake of Covid). I think next year is a safer bet.

Not quite, sir. Kojima has already said the in-depth look at Death Stranding was a couple weeks out. In addition, some other "no-name" studio has started teasing their own exclusive PS5 reveal soon(Jun 22). The latter of which has folks going crazy thinking it's Silent Hill, but we shall see.

Either way, Sony went last year a week or two after E3. Let's see if they do it this year. That being said, I still believe it's too early to see Shenmue IV(especially in the wake of Covid). I think next year is a safer bet.

Ok. Well then something is might going to happen. But i still doubt that is going to be big event some fans fantazise. Maybe Abandomed is going to be shown and Kojima is going to show something. But that is it. Not the big event every playstation fan (besides me ) is dreaming about.

In 99 per cent of the cases the internet is hyping something up it is just hot air not worth bothering. Real breathing taking reveals remain secret until they are happening. The loader the internet insiders the worse.

Attachments

• artworks-000605120581-0gvh46-t500x500.jpg
    artworks-000605120581-0gvh46-t500x500.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's a shame nothing was confirmed, but I think it was to be expected. Frankly, I found the whole thing quite exhausting and i'm a bit worried about the way the wind is blowing at the moment.

There was a really good write up on the Metro. A quote that hit me is below
There is a bigger problem with E3 being reduced to its current state though, one more important than not having any new reveals to get excited about. Moving everything online was the only option during the pandemic but from the publisher’s perspective it had the benefit of ensuring that journalists and the general public never got to play the games and tell other people what they thought of them.

Instead, publishers controlled the narrative entirely and you only got to see and hear exactly what they wanted you to. Starfield was one of the major reveals of E3 and yet all you got was a two-minute trailer that explained almost nothing and seemingly just two interviews for the entire world. Elden Ring seems to have had only one.

As a result, you learnt nothing other than what you could discern from the trailer itself and it’s that which drives the final nail into E3’s coffin. Especially if, as seems likely, publishers will not want to go back to the old ways now they see there is an alternative. But if you might as well just watch the trailer on its own, then E3 might as well not exist.
It says a lot to me that the only games I found interest in were either remakes or remasters.

Sony's non-attendance at E3 is really rather arrogant in my eyes. If Nintendo and Microsoft can show something, than I don't see why Sony can't. That said, I'll forgive them if they bring Shenmue IV out of the hat down the line.

The rumor is the next State of Play in July will be a massive God of War dump.

Well, since the release of Dynasty Warriors 9, Koei also released Warriors Orochi 4, Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and they are going to release Samurai Warriors 5 next week. And despite Dynasty Warriors 9 being the worst game in the whole franchise, they already confirmed that they are going to release the spin-off Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires in 2021.

Yeah but that is Koei Tecmos / Omega Forces normal workflow for years,
its clearly not YS Nets workflow.
And even with Koei Tecmo / Omega Force pumping out these Musou games,
if you are just a Dynasty Warriors fan for example, then you still have to wait 2, 3, 4 years for sequel news,
even longer if you are only interested in one specific category like the Empires series.

So in general, its totally normal to not get any kind of sequel news in a time frame of two and a half - four years
and Shenmue 3 isnt even out for two years yet.
So even if we dont hear anything about Shenmue 4 in november 2022
it would be still in the normal time frame.

Even E3 in 2023 would still be in the normal sequel announcement time frame

The rumor is the next State of Play in July will be a massive God of War dump.
That is interesting, thought it might keep a low profile with recent delay. I honestly am still bitter it’s going to be handicapped by PS4 hardware, playing Ratchet this week and how it used SSD with portals, I could imagine some exciting gameplay possibilities with GOW which will be unlikely if not impossible.

Last edited:
not to veer too off topic:

Even though they still aren't as fast of throughput as PCI SSD and the Walk-Only asset load areas still be in games to accommodate hard disks... I really think Sony dropped the ball by not having at least 7200RPM standard in Slim/Pro PS4 and SATA SSD upgrade option

5400 HDD in 2016 for games? Ridiculous

Is it a good time to announce we are going to Stream Gamescom next week.

It's a good tester for us and potentially streaming more of these events down the line.

Plus if they did announce Shenmue 4 then you can see James and I lose our shit live.

I'm pretty sure if I try *really, really* hard, Free Guy might an anagram of Shenmue...

Also, both names are 7 letters long...it's clearly meant to be 😍

possibly...

I knew it was all connected!

Back